Love. DJ DhroneE in the Mix. (Skunk, Strawberry Blue, Gigabud, LA Woman

Lard Bernard

Ok after months and months of reading this forum and a half assed 1 gallon pot window sill grow I think I am ready for the big leagues....

This is my first attempt at growing. i am pretty good with my hands but i dont really have what some might call a "green thumb". i am more of a power not a finesse guy so i have some partners who will be chiming in that balance me out pretty well.

Some background info on the space... it is in a detached garage attic so temperature is going to be an issue. i am going to be insulating the roof but i am going to have to figure something else out in the summer. i am going to pull fresh air in from the garage because it will be cooler than outside.

for the winter aka NOW. i have a 150w ceramic heat lamp running most of the time.

Lighting:
-Veg: 150watt MH. 8 26w cool white CFLS
-flower: 600 watt hps - air cooled hood

Box:
- 4x4 DIY OSB

Strain:
- Bagseed @ seedling stage - 8 bagseeds
- gigabud, strawberry blue, skunk #1, la woman, haze x hashplant

Medium:
- FFOF
- seedling we have neoprine pods in FFOF

Nutes:
- FF - grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom - every other watering
1st round of big bloom applied 2/1 - been following the FF schedule since then.

We are thinking of switching to 600 watt HPS for the rest of veg to help with the heat. it is half the wattage of a heater and will probably put out a comparable amount of heat.

started 1st 4 bagseeds(8 really 4 germed) - 1/15

2nd round of bags - 1/22

Giga, LA, Skunk #1 - 1/27

Strawberry blue - 2/9

picture time bitches:

SafeRedirect.jpg

CIMG0771.JPG

CIMG0778.JPG

IMG000792.jpg

bagseeds (they came from really good bud so i am pumped about what they produce:

CIMG0777.JPG

CIMG0789.JPG

the ones in little cups were swhawg seeds that will probably hermie and are just for shits and giggs

CIMG0815_2_.JPG

CIMG0816.JPG

CIMG0817.JPG

CIMG08301.JPG

tied into submission
IMG000112.jpg

IMG000121.jpg

IMG000131.jpg:

bagseeds at 25 days

CIMG0886.JPG

CIMG0897.JPG

CIMG0896.JPG

CIMG0884.JPG

CIMG0894.JPG

CIMG0895.JPG

Purchased seeds:
CIMG0828.JPG

IMG000153.jpg

Skunk @ 14 days - wowzers - got a little leaf burn because i put her too close to the 65w cfl (it was touching the bulb)

CIMG0888.JPG

Super stealth closet vegging grow!!!! where is it??

IMG000163.jpg

any comments and suggestions are appreciated as i am very new to this and need all the guidance i can get.

Re: Love in your mouth... DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la

SUPA STEALTH! Lol! My wife loves my super stealthy grow box sitting in the middle of my basement, humming and putting off a soft glow around the edges....

Holy LST Batman! Those girls are bent into submission! LST reminds me of the practice of gavage, or force feeding ducks... it looks painful but MAN does that duck taste sweet!

Subbed - and if you have some time, come check out my autoflower, CFL grow!

Cheers!

Re: Love in your mouth... DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la

SUPA STEALTH! Lol! My wife loves my super stealthy grow box sitting in the middle of my basement, humming and putting off a soft glow around the edges....

Holy LST Batman! Those girls are bent into submission! LST reminds me of the practice of gavage, or force feeding ducks... it looks painful but MAN does that duck taste sweet!

Subbed - and if you have some time, come check out my autoflower, CFL grow!

Cheers!

but she will love the fruits of your labor i bet.

Re: Love in your mouth. DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la wo

Lookin good.. about time to put those bagseeds into flower

Re: Love in your mouth. DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la wo

update.... we are going to set the 600w hps up this sunday and havent decided to go 12/12 then or wait another week or so and run the hps 24/7 to get a little more growth.

we also ordered a 2' t5 105w from HTG that is 10000 lumens!!! :yikes:
so we are going to set up a perma-veg spot hopefully this weekend too.

pics:

whole family... look at the poor bag seeds in the back of the bus...

CIMG0915.JPG

Skunk = killa @ 18days:
CIMG09221.JPG

practicing fimming on bagseeds: looks like it might have been cut a little low..??
CIMG0923.JPG

CIMG0924.JPG

have a nice stalk on the 4 that are @ 30 days they are almost ready to flower:

CIMG0927.JPG

I think it's coming along pretty good so far!

Re: Love. DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la woman

fyi - we have decided to finish the garage attic. going to extend a supply duct from the main living space to the attic. going to insulate the roof baffles, either plywood/house wrap or insulation on the two exterior walls that arent a part of the roof, build a 2' wall on either side and insulate it, run the little keyless light that is right above the attic pulldown stairs to the center of the room on the ceiling, and drywall the whole thing. i am going to be able to obtain most of the materials for free(and legally) and i am going to do all of the work myself... not looking forward to the insulation itch.

will post pics along the way. it will help with the resell value of the home along with stabilizing the temps.

the only thing i worry about is that little supply doing enough to keep the heat to a minimum. and we might run into some negative air pressure/supply issues because of the air being sucked into the box and taken outside. the only other air that will be coming into the room is from the garage and that isnt the best air to be using(but i do have a decent air purifier.)

you know how on the thermostat you can turn the fan to: on or auto... its the fan that blows the hot or cold air out but the outside compressor isnt on so its just the fan running. about like running a ceiling fan on high. most "experts" say that it helps keep the heat moving in the winter and has its obvious benefits in the summer. it helps with stagnant/stale air.

Looking good, can't wait to see em pack on the weight!

Love in your mouth DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la woman

i guess the moderators didnt like my oral sex reference. seems a bit ironic but whatever. a little kilo ali never hurt anyone in my opinion.

we expanded the grow box :grinjoint:. it is now 5' tall x 4' long' 6' wide. this is going to maximize out space available and hopefully the light as well. it is getting really close to time to start flowering the 4 unknown seeds... the skunk, giga, and la woman are 2 weeks behind. we started running the 600w hps 24 for a week until we figure out where and how we are going to set up a veg spot so the others can get right before they flower.

we are going to be dealing with stretching with hps so we are going to have to work hard to keep them bitches down. there is a little blue in this 600w growbright bulb so hopefully it wont be too bad. we need to complete our exhaust work too. right now we only have a 6" duct fan blowing in and we are forcing the air out through a little hole.

smell is also starting to become an issue and its about to be carbon filter investment time.

CIMG0934.JPG

CIMG0933_2_.JPG

CIMG0932_2_.JPG

CIMG0930.JPG

Ventilation advice

box: 6x5x4
garage attic space: about 300-400 sq feet.

i am trying to come up with ways to keep the attic temp down and box cool here is what we are doing... read my journal for more info.

insulating the rafters and walls of the space and probably sheetrocking it. the garage below stays decently cool in the summer so we were planning on running a vent line from down there through the air cooled hood of the 600w light and out of the space completely. as for the box itself i was debating on whether or not to run a Tee off of the line going to the light and have a small inline duct fan blowing some of that out into the attic. then just intake the air from the attic into the box or run a tee into the box.

here is an idea of what we are going to do. let me know if you think it will work.

light_vent.JPG

still vegging. going to switch to flower on all bagseeds this weekend.

i am not sure what we are doing better than most newbies but our plants are staying super low and bushy as shit. i am really liking how this is going.

this is what i am smoking on so i dont give a shit if anyone is reading my journal or not... ha

PURP13.JPG

skank #1
Skank.JPG

LA woman
LA2.JPG

Gigabad
GB1.JPG

CIMG0946.JPG

CIMG0941.JPG

CIMG09491.JPG

Don't beat yourself up Dhrone. Eveything is looking fine.

Shit is lookin good. About to look even better here soon.

Back
Top Bottom