Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprouts

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

so queen how are you? cant wait for the new thread. I'am sure it will be sweet. keep in touch and goodluck:thumb:

Actually, I have already started it. Waiting on the coco to come in the mail today so I can get the pots ready.

Hey Gig, thanks for the additional information. It's ok, I am sure you have been busy with life. Hope you will contribute to my new journal.

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Actually, I have already started it. Waiting on the coco to come in the mail today so I can get the pots ready.

Hey Gig, thanks for the additional information. It's ok, I am sure you have been busy with life. Hope you will contribute to my new journal.

Hey Queen. Sorry this is my first post but I tried the link in your sig and it did not go anywhere…
Really sorry to hear about your plants… {sadface}, but super happy to hear your starting your next grow!
I will surely be along for the ride if there is room :thumb:

Thanks and :peace: be with you and yours!

Hey Queen. Sorry this is my first post but I tried the link in your sig and it did not go anywhere…
Really sorry to hear about your plants… {sadface}, but super happy to hear your starting your next grow!
I will surely be along for the ride if there is room :thumb:
Thanks and :peace: be with you and yours!

It's ok, a few people were tardy for the party but better late than never. Thanks about the link, a few people have told me about it. I will try to correct it a little later on. I used the guide provided by Astonr420 for google chrome.

Yeah life with 4 kids and a weak global economy can be...hectic.lol...I will be a lot more active in your next journal, i met you and joined this one a bit late in the game, im quite shy dontcha know ;) felt like a bit of a party crasher, lol

Actually, I have already started it. Waiting on the coco to come in the mail today so I can get the pots ready.ARE YOU GONNA TRY THAT AK ?:high-five: not to be nosie but what did you think? I know it didnt taste that great but I liked the buzz. You can be honest. like I said before, I was just trying to help someone that was feeling down:Namaste:

:)

Yeah life with 4 kids and a weak global economy can be...hectic.lol...I will be a lot more active in your next journal, i met you and joined this one a bit late in the game, im quite shy dontcha know ;) felt like a bit of a party crasher, lol

4 kids can keep you quite busy depending on their ages you might get a breather. No being shy, well you can but I hope to break you out of that shell. I value all opinions/advice and I enjoy good conversation.The party isn't over, it has just changed locations..lol..And I hope to see you there.

Fish--I guess I could add the ak to the mix, just be a few days behind the others. I loved the mints in the case and when I cracked that baby open the smell smacked me in the face. The after taste was a bit yucky but the high was good. It kind of made me feel like whoever grew it didn't flush it. But to me it was the thought that counted, it was appreciated and it came right on time. Yesterday, I didn't have any money or meds so I definitely wasn't complaining, thanks again!!!

Just have a quick minute but gathered some different posts :circle-of-love:

GimmeTheGoods Method of the dry/cure:

Heres something every grower shoul read n follow to a 'T' when it comes to drying n curing. I got this from another site n am currently following these guidelines with my sscs curing,so far so good n just got the jars into 66% rh last night. Almost in the sweet spot! Yea im very meticulous....

Ok so here's the method I use.... But before I begin... Yes it's very similar to the one found elsewhere on another forum* (see bottom of post for more explanation)

Here we go!

You've had a good grow, and it's time for harvest. You've flushed l
ikeyou'resupposed too (depending on your system anywhere from 4-12 days maybe longer). Trim theway you prefer. I trim all the fan leaves. I liketo leavethesweetleaf on as I don't want to handle the buds too much or too long plus the sweetleaf will curl as it dries & protect those precious trichromes. Chop those ladies down. I chop the whole plant at it's base.

I recommend getting assistance in trimming. An assistant like this makes the trimming much more bearable!

I hang/line dry until the stem is dry but still flexs/bends a bit. Now there's lots of debate as far as how long to dry for. For the most part, this rule of thumb seems to work: for every 10% in Relative Humidity (RH%) in your drying area add 1 day then add 1 more day. For example, my drying area's RH% is usually about 30% so according to the "formula", dry for 3 full days (1 day for each 10%) plus 1 additional day for a total of 4 full days. Now if your RH% fluctuateshigh,you might need to add an additional day.This formula has worked well for me just about everywhere in the world except in those places where it's very humid (talking like 90%+ RH), such as South Pacific islands and the Northwestern United States (Seattle, etc...). Preferably you have a drying closet or box where you can regulate the humidity. The preferred RH% for drying is around 50% so according to the formula, 6 days of drying.

Now some prefer to snip offonebranch ata time,trim & hang-dryeach branch individually. I have to track actual number of plants so it's easier to keep the whole planttogether as one for me.

Drop those lovely buds into a jar. My preference is half-gallon Ball mason canning jars, easily found at Ace Hardware (can be ordered online with free shipping to your local Ace in the States - they run out a lot but be patient & try again in a week or two).

Fill each jar up evenly but don't over-stuff. If you hold the jar horizontal, there should be a gap roughly an inch or so - enough room to slide the hygrometer in.

What's a hygrometer? It's used to measure relative humidity percentage. There are analog & digitalones. I prefer & recommend digital. The two I like are: the Chaney Indoor Thermometer w/Humidity and the Caliber 3 Hygrometer. Both fairly inexpensive (should be less than $20 each), both are pretty accurate. Here's the Chaney one (sometimes it has a different brand name such as Accu-Rite but it will look just likethis)

And here's the Caliber III

So now you just slide the hygrometer in (make sure it's facing out so you can view it, dumbass LOL ). Tighten that lid down and put it where you normally cure your stuff. I recommend placing in a cool dark place.

NOTE: Not every jar needs a hygrometer in it. I use just one per harvest per strain.

After about a couple of hours (takes a bit to get an accurate reading, give it at least 2-4 hrs). Take a look at the RH% reading.

If more than +70% - buds need to dry longer out of the jar. For me, about every 5% over 70, equals about 10-12 hours outside of jar - but that's different depending on time of year, outside weather, etc... Typically about 12-36 hours more drying time is needed.

65-70% - getting really close to that sweet spot for curing. Keep it in the jars but burp them for a couple of hours, roughly 2-4 hours (meaning - take the lid off). Burp 'em,then closethelid, wait4-6 hours, checkRH%,burp again if needed, repeat as needed until you reach the next level. The closer you get to the next levelthelonger it takes to get an accurate reading, maybe even 12-24 hours. Basically, after every burp I add about 4-6 hours to the wait time between burps until I check again. Getting it down to the next level might take a week or more, and that's ok. The slower the better. Luckily here in Colorado we have low humidity. If in a higher humidity area, say along the coasts, I would want to speed it up just a bit to get to the next level as mold may become a factor

60-65% - this is the Curing stage range. Once we hit this range, keep things sealed unless we want to prepare it for long-term storage, then we'll need to SLOWLY lower down to the next stage. But if you just want to cure it, leave here in this range for a week and longer to cure. Buds should be slightly sticky.Stemsshould snap. TheRH% mayfluctuate a bit as moisture releases from the bud but it will dissipate/bereabsorbed. If this is for retail, I wait about 10-14 days into cure then bring samples to my dispensary buyers. Most dispensariestend to likeitcloserto the65% asit'llcurewhileit'son theshelf, plus it'll be stickier, look more appealing & that's what most people are looking for - bag appeal. Closer to 60% is better for smoking/vaping. If it's for myself or my patients, I let it cure for at least 2 weeks to a month or more. I do take a bit out to try about once a week. Some of my patients like it a little moister than others as it takes a little longer to smoke. Others don't really care too much one way or the other but no one likes it if too moist or too dry/brittle. Now I also have been implementing those Boveda 65% packets to help keep things where I like it. After about a week of 65% or lower, I slip one of those Boveda 65% packets into the jar, at this point if you want to take the hygrometer out you can. I still burp about once a week or so for about an hour when using those packets, basically just to air out the released chlorophyll gases. I recommend dispensaries use these packets at night in their jarsto keep thingslooking nice& sticky-icky for the next day.

For long term storage - once in this range (60-65), check weekly. If on the higher end, closer to 65, I stillburp about every week just for an hour or so. As it slowly drops to 60%, I wait longer & longer between these short burps -we're talking days/weeks here folks not hours between these burps. Once it falls below 60, you have reached the next level. Takes me about 4-6 sometimes 8 weeks.

55-60% - Long term storage stage. I stillleavethehygrometerin forabouta couple of days/week, just to make sure it's leveled off (unless I have placed a Boveda 65% packet in, then I take the hygrometer out). Once it has leveled off, then I take the hygrometer out & seal the jar. I don't usually storage too much for long term usually just 1 jar per harvest, unless it's just some incrediblestuff and I want to beableto shareitwith long distance friends & family when they visit throughout the year.

If for some reason it reads under 55% - either you left it hanging to dry for too long with a fan blowing on it directly or too close to a heat source/vent or you might need to have a humidifier on a timer in the area you dry in (make sure it's not blowing the moisture directly on plants) OR maybe you just need to wait a little longer for your next reading. Wait 12-24 hours, and check again if stillunder55well you just learn a valuable lesson on how not to dry so quickly next time. It'll be shitty to smoke, guess you could grind it or tumble the heck out of it or maybe make tincture/butter/oil but smoke/vape is going to suck. But hey it takes experience, just learn from it....dumbass! LOL! You can re-hydrate a bit with either a Boveda pack (my recommendation) or with things likea bit of orange peel tossed into the jar. The smoke may mellow out & be smoke-able but it won't cure like it's supposed too. If you have never had properly cured cannabis - you're missing out!

Kinda hard to screw up as long as you don't over-dry to begin with. Have patience young jedi...

Enjoy that lovely properly cured dank!

I should note that some strains like a longer cure. For example, I harvested some Sweet Tooth a few months back. Dried, Cured for several weeks. Tried it out. Didn't like it, and neither did my patients. Wasn't bad but more of a let down. I took what I had, tossed in a Boveda 65% pack, and sealed it. I placed it in the back of my long-term storage bin and basically forgot about it. I was putting some new jars in the bin the other day & noticed the Sweet Tooth jar. It had been in there now getting close to 6 months. I took a bit out to try. First of all, as soon as I opened the jar, a beautiful aroma filled my nostrils. Things were different now! I rolled a spliff and tried it out. Wow it went from being a disappointment to being incredibletasting!

The implementation of the Boveda packets is still fairly new and I've only used them on about 4-5 harvestssofar. I'm working on a similarcuring method, primarily using the different percentage packets. I have however slipped a 65% packet into each of my long-term storage jars. The 65% packets keep things between 60-63% which is where I prefer to vape/smoke at.

MSquared's method of the dry/cure

This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me and I always use glass jars that have sealable top

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal’em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

Missbud's form of the dry/cure

About the dry/cure....

I was in a pickle deciding whether to dry on a screen for 5-7 days then off to jars, or to start the "cure" within the drying process. After much research and a couple BCnorthernLights reps, I decided to take the "sweating" technique.

First step is to dry for 48-60 hours, then I put all buds into jars overnight so the moisture from the stem can dissipate through the outer layer. Once morning comes, they are noticibly moist on the outsides again so back to the dryer for 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has past, I notice the outer layer is crisp again so back into the jars for another sweat. Morning comes and I put them back into the dryer for 12 hours. Once those 12 hours are up, I put back into jars for the last overnight sweat test. For the last sweat I put a hygrometer in one jar to see if it's around 65% rh in the morning. From there I decided if it needs another 12 hours of drying by twisting the buds 1.5 rotations (you can go by if the stem almost snaps). If Rh is over 70% it's back into the dryer.

I really do believe the dry is within the cure, if that makes sense lol:smokin::bongrip:. The warmer the temps usually means lower humidity so that can dry buds really fast, i.e 73F 30% RH...I have an A/C, dehumidifer and heater all attached to a temp control thermostat so I don't have to worry about it but a cool dark dry place would be my alternative.

I'm always hesitant about ordering things online and I noticed all hygrometers are under "cigar shops" so I thought about trying some places around here and every single place had the Caliber 3 as well as other little hygrometers from $20-50:high-five:

If you need anything else please let me know!!!:Namaste::circle-of-love::love:

4 kids can keep you quite busy depending on their ages you might get a breather. No being shy, well you can but I hope to break you out of that shell. I value all opinions/advice and I enjoy good conversation.The party isn't over, it has just changed locations..lol..And I hope to see you there.

Fish--I guess I could add the ak to the mix, just be a few days behind the others. I loved the mints in the case and when I cracked that baby open the smell smacked me in the face. The after taste was a bit yucky but the high was good. It kind of made me feel like whoever grew it didn't flush it. But to me it was the thought that counted, it was appreciated and it came right on time. Yesterday, I didn't have any money or meds so I definitely wasn't complaining, thanks again!!!
Sweet thats cool you loved the mints LOL like I said before just HBOen even tho you are a lady:) and your right about the taste something wasnt right . although I did flush and a little to soon to have harvested. do what ever you want with the other. as I said before saw someone that was down and I cant not help but try to pick them up:thumb:

what the hell? I got spammed to death....Well since this journal is really over, I'll shrug but if it wasn't I would give quite a tongue lashing..

Sweet thats cool you loved the mints LOL like I said before just HBOen even tho you are a lady and your right about the taste something wasnt right . although I did flush and a little to soon to have harvested. do what ever you want with the other. as I said before saw someone that was down and I cant not help but try to pick them up

Hey, I truly appreciated what you did. I will keep the beans still and eventually germ them, I never let beans go to waste. I have a mess of bag seed that I keep. My bf wants to try growing so I will start him out on that though he would like to jump to the good beans but I ain't having that til he gets some experience.

Miss Bud, much thanks on posting the different curing methods.

Drift, I don't have a link to my new journal because every time I try to make one it doesn't work. It's called Queen's Garden of Green.

Thanks Gig

Found it and where have you been? I haven't seen you in my journal lately, the new one.

Yes, epsom salt you silly rabbit..lol..And I only gave a cup if that.

A cup of anything especially epsoms salts is way too much, I'll keep reading your posts, just checking on your sophmore grow queen, your words live on in the internet gallaxy./grace:circle-of-love:

Um, what is so 1970's? Idk, I was born in 69, I missed out on Woodstock and the lovefest. I came in during the disco era which I hated, not the music but the clothes and hairstyles. I did not find bell bottoms and afro puffs a bit attractive at all. I loved the 80's but I was in my glory during the 90's...lol.. Yeah, that is about the same time it took mine to reach me..Where you from again? Just kidding. I wouldn't mind growing an AK in the future. I do have enough beans to last me for a moment but there are a few that I wanna get for the collection I guess. I would like to get another Blue Mystic, my first one died on me. I wanna get NYC diesel, Pineapple Chunk and a few others.

Yeah, everyone is in their glory when they're in their early 20's, it's funny having so much fun and strength, but not being aware of BEING AWARE, that comes in your 40's./grace

Back
Top Bottom