Feminized Freebies - Snake Farm - HPS - Soil

Hi GG! looks like you've got a nice start to a hopefully great future harvest. I'll be watching :) :popcorn:

Hi Digital and Soilgirl :welcome:

Grow Update - Days 20

Sorry I'm so long on an update. Been a hectic week. The girls got their new digs 2 days ago. They are liking it. They had gotten kind of hungry in the cups and I was on a mad scramble to find some Promix in my area. I didn't want to risk the straight Ocean Forest after things I have heard about the formula change and the issues with my bagseed that is in it. They should have been transplanted a couple days earlier, but they are kicking in now. No problems.

I mixed 50/50 FFOF and the Promix and tossed in a large bag of perlite. THey had some kicking root balls.

I could only find the large bail of the Promix so I'm set on dirt for a while. Ever drag one of the bails under the crawlspace of a house. When you are 6'1" and the headroom is 4-6 feet, it is a bish. :straightface:

promix9.jpg

group162.jpg

nlbb-1.jpg

ssh-1.jpg

hdm-1.jpg

dc-1.jpg

Keep'em Green!

~GG

lookin' good...I'm a lil concerned bout' the yellowing at this early stage!??...maybe a lil more nitrogen?...or cal/mag...I'm a lil too new to the game to diagnose with certainty..butt, to me they look a lil off color...cheerz!...h00k...

No concern. I was a couple days late transplanting and thye got hungry in the starter soild in cups. They were re-potted and fed about 1/4 strength Grow Big and 1/4 strength CalMag when re-potted. I would rather feed a hungry plant than that try to fix an over-feeding. I am very conservative with the nutes after dealing with my bagseed grow.

I could only find the large bail of the Promix so I'm set on dirt for a while. Ever drag one of the bails under the crawlspace of a house. When you are 6'1" and the headroom is 4-6 feet, it is a bish. :straightface:

Nope, but what I did do is strap it to a mini dolly, haul it home by bus and drag it up 40 steps! :rofl:

I feel for you GG. :hug:

Thanks Cap't. These girls should be into flower before you get off the boat. Worried as my bagseed are frying in flower. I'm sure it is the genetics, but we all hate to see a grow go down. I have replaced my 7+ year-old FF nutes with some fresh Advanced Nutes Triad. I have a soil-based reg for them.

I hope you get some rain Capt. I would hate to have to leave my girls for 4 weeks. YOu got healthy trees going, so they will make it. I bet my bagseed would much rather be hanging out with your girls than stuck here in the Snake Farm.

Update tomorrow, dead or alive! :thumb:

Hi Digital and Soilgirl :welcome:

Grow Update - Days 20

Sorry I'm so long on an update. Been a hectic week. The girls got their new digs 2 days ago. They are liking it. They had gotten kind of hungry in the cups and I was on a mad scramble to find some Promix in my area. I didn't want to risk the straight Ocean Forest after things I have heard about the formula change and the issues with my bagseed that is in it. They should have been transplanted a couple days earlier, but they are kicking in now. No problems.

I mixed 50/50 FFOF and the Promix and tossed in a large bag of perlite. THey had some kicking root balls.

promix9.jpg

group162.jpg

nlbb-1.jpg

ssh-1.jpg

hdm-1.jpg

dc-1.jpg

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Looking good brother :thumb:

Grow Update: Day 31

Was out of town most of the week. They got a little dry and hungry but kicking in. One of the "Happy" plants doesn't look so happy. About to start training the larger plants before transplant and flower. Didn't have much time for pics. Got home last night and my AC had died. It was 88f in my house. Sweated and couldn't sleep all night. Thunderstorms and a bed full of dogs didn't help to endure the heat :p

MY AC man hooked me up this morning. Cooool... The heat index has been 107-110f the last few days. But the high temp in the flower tent was only 84 :)

30-days.jpg

Grow Update: Day 31

One of the "Happy" plants doesn't look so happy.

MY AC man hooked me up this morning. Cooool... The heat index has been 107-110f the last few days. But the high temp in the flower tent was only 84 :)

30-days.jpg

Any idea of what your runoff PH is? I am guessing those are 2 gallon containers?

:peacetwo:

Since using a soil mix adjusted with a little oyster shell flour and dolomite lime (both organic) I've never had to worry about pH problems whether I use tap or rainwater. Maybe something to keep in mind for the future, they both buffer the pH very well, whether in coco or peat moss or whatever. :Namaste:

Happy looking ladies, you must be happy too GG! :)

Edit: looks like you use pro-mix, I used SS#4 myself but I think yours has dolomite too last time I checked. FFOF tends to lean towards acidic, so good. :passitleft:

Hey folks. I have not measured my runoff, but I think I will flush the sickly looking "Happiness" plant and measure. I keep my water tub measured to 6.5. I am about ready to go back tot using straight Promix. I have had too many prob since using this new batch of FFOF.

Grow Update - Day 32

Going to put these into flower this weekend. The Heavyweight Dream Machines are not happy but all the other are looking great. I Have to finish chopping the bagseeds to free up some pots for flower so I will be very busy before I have to go back out of town next week.

fem-32days.jpg

nlbb.jpg

happy4.jpg

hdm.jpg

dc4.jpg

I am so looking forward to the fall when the band slows down and I don't have to leave my plants so much. They need more attention than I have been able to give, but I gotta make that money when I can.

Keep'em Green,

~GG

Grow Update - Day 35 - Flower Time

Got 6 of 8 repotted and into flower. Two of the Heavyweight Dream Machines are so small and sickly that I didn't repot them. Even if they live, the 8" pots should hold them. The third HDM was looking rough but seems to be pulling out of it and putting on new healthy growth. Going out of town again tomorrow so I watered them in good. I should be back days before they need feeding. I put them under the 1000w HPS and turned the 600w off.

fem-flower.jpg

Be back soon, Keep'em Green!

~GG

Have a productive musical journey this weekend. They'll be fine. Especially since you got the air fixed. How blessed you are to actually make money at music. WooHoo!!!

Back
Top Bottom