Mrniceguy's 1ST Grow 10 Plant WW PPP Bubblicious Kandy Kush X Skunk

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

I am in need of any assistance or suggestions on my new project. So just so you are caught up; I am starting 2 new plants now (a LA Woman and a Skunk #1)
I am going to Veg them under the CFL until my current grow is complete. Which will be in approx the 10th of next month. Then put them under the 600W hps to flower.

But here is my little problem. I have been looking into auto flowering and I was thinking it would be a good idea to start 2 autoflowering plants in just some 2 gal pots under the 600W hps with the 2 plants I am currently vegging. I just didnt want to waste the light with only 2 plants under it. And I cannot Veg anymore than the 2 plants right now. But putting the autoflowering strains under 12/12 seems to be frowned upon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

I cant believe how time flys. I will be harvesting the 3 Bubblicious at the end of the month. (8 weeks) Then the 3 PPP will be harvested a week later at (9 weeks)
Then the KK x S and WW will be harvested at (10 weeks)

I followed that link on trichomes someone posted on your journal talking about people being anxious and taking samples when the red hairs are at 10% So I think later this week I will be taking a sample of the PPP.

Yep, time wait's nobody, will be excited harvesting :goodluck:
About the sample I took it about 58th day into Flowering cycle, and I'm happy i did it, cos now I know H2O helps to clear the soil and remove harsh taste from nutrients !

"DNA Genetics Kandy Kush x Skunk is 65% Sativa, 35% Indica. It is a three way cross of OG Kush x Train Wreck T4 x Skunk"
Wow that sounds like a Nuclear Launch Detected :geek:

"Putting the autoflowering strains under 12/12 seems to be frowned upon."
Agree...

I got 1 new baby White Widow, my lights on 12/12 flowering for my main plant starts at 8:00pm and shut off at 8:00am, in the morning I get the baby out from the lab and put it next to the window, to get real sun light for all day, till it comes the time to get back into the lab. (I try to imitate something like 24 cycle.)

:peace:

Thanks for checkin in Nasty
Man, you should see The attitude seed banks new promotion. I cant find exact details but I plan on buying 3 lowryder deisel ryder autoflowering seeds. Which was like $40. But they were going to throw in a 4 free ones with them. 1 x Barneys Farm Flower Power, 1 x BF Vanilla Kush, 1 x BF Pineapple Chunk, and 1 X UFO DNA lemon skunk. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

That Kandy Kush x Skunk is really something. Except for they dont have a feminized version of the strain that I could find. The UFO DNA seed co (which makes the kk x s) wasnt really on the top of my list of companies to buy seeds from but it definitely is now after reading enough journals to see that they really have some good genes in those seeds.

I know its frowned upon to use 12/12 but except for the first week, I still think I will give it a try. Here is my vision. (I KNOW HOW BAD YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE ANOTHER OF MY BEAUTIFUL MICROSOFT PAINT CREATIONS)
future_op.jpg

OK IF ANYONE HAS BEEN FOLLOWING THIS GROW YOU KNOW I NEVER STICK TO THE PLAN. SO THIS SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT...

I dont think that plan I had been imagining will work. I finally got a hold of a buddy of mine who said he had messed around one time and did a 12/12 grow with the autoflowers and it was not worth it to him.

I should have just waited until this grow was done to start a new one and not started the 2 I have going now. But I dont want to kill them.

I figure I can either do the autoflowers at 12/12, do a regular feminized strain with 12/12 from seed, or just flower the 2 seedlings by themselves.
I dont want to use my 2nd 600W due to the elec bill, I still have 4 WW seeds, 2 PPP, and 2 BUB seeds left and I was going to do a 6 plant grow with 4 WW and 2 PPP but I will have to make a call on it soon.

So my current grow will end approx May 15th. I will then put the 2 plants I have into flowering. But even in 10 gal containers each there will still be quite a bit of room to fill in a 4x4 space.

OK Im goin:eek:fftopic:

But I have someone willing to trade me a lumatek dimmable 400w ballast never used for my unused 600W digital electronics ballast.

I have been doing research into the fact that the sockets are sold separately and that they have to be assembled together. But I cant find any threads anywhere on people putting them together.

Does anyone have knowledge on the difficulty of this. Keep in mind I have absolutely no electrical knowledge of any kind not even the basics.

:thanks:

PS I will have new pics tomorrow as soon as I get them watered with the molasses I just picked up.

Ok I apologize for not updating much but my camera died this afternoon.

Today is day 91 from seed and day 48 of flowering.

UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE 2 HERMIES. THE WHITE WIDOW AND BUBBLICIOUS #3 WERE BOTH SHOWING SMALL BANANAS THAT ARE THE EARLY SIGNS OF MALE PARTS.

Good news is I inspected both for almost a half hour each and I cant find any further development then that, and from my research online it appears its not too uncommon for this to happen in late flowering and for them to turn out fine with no seeds. I decided that there is no point in just cutting them off and hoping it doesnt develop further. I did cut them off and then I flushed them with clearex today and I am going to do another smaller flush tomorrow, followed by one day to dry out a bit and then harvesting on Saturday. I am not going to get a lot of weight on the white widow and I am disappointed because I was planning on growing it for at least 9 weeks.

The rest of the group is doin great.
I watered with 1tblsp molasses per/gal (grandmas unsulphered), a few drops of superthrive per gallon, and 3 tblsp/gal Big Bloom. Each received approx 1 gallon and a half of water. That is the recipe of nutes I use for in between feedings.

When I am feeding I go half strength tiger bloom 1tblsp, full strength 1/2 tsp cha ching, and 3 tblsp big bloom. (Cal mag occasionally)

Theres no way I wont have pics of the harvest on saturday so please stop by and check out the pics.

Today is day 91 from seed and day 48 of flowering.

UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE 2 HERMIES. THE WHITE WIDOW AND BUBBLICIOUS #3 WERE BOTH SHOWING SMALL BANANAS THAT ARE THE EARLY SIGNS OF MALE PARTS.

Good news is I inspected both for almost a half hour each and I cant find any further development then that, and from my research online it appears its not too uncommon for this to happen in late flowering and for them to turn out fine with no seeds. I decided that there is no point in just cutting them off and hoping it doesnt develop further. I did cut them off and then I flushed them with clearex today and I am going to do another smaller flush tomorrow, followed by one day to dry out a bit and then harvesting on Saturday. I am not going to get a lot of weight on the white widow and I am disappointed because I was planning on growing it for at least 9 weeks.

At all it's not a lose, I've heard this early signs of male parts, sometimes was normal to show up, in late flowering cycle, most time cost by stress through the dark period. "we must never open the door, when the Widow sleeps"
I hope what I'v read and heard is right, someone says those bananas sometimes, could not produce regular pollen, that mean it is not develop to produce seeds, which is good and bad! Depends of our preference!

"I am not going to get a lot of weight on the white widow and I am disappointed because I was planning on growing it for at least 9 weeks."

What is that suppose to mean, when it's turn Hermie, it produce less?

"I am not going to get a lot of weight on the white widow and I am disappointed because I was planning on growing it for at least 9 weeks."

That means I am going to harvest it at least 1 week earlier than planned. It could have put more weight on it in the final week or so. I have no idea how turning hermie affects growth. I read a lot up on it yesterday but I never saw anything about it.

Hope you don't end up harvesting early.

Sin semilla is, of course, nice. But I would rather find a seed or two in full-term bud than to have premature bud.

A few male flowers form, you see them, you pick them. You miss one, it matures, it opens. If it's deep within a tight bud then the pollen might not travel far. Either way it's not like flipping a switch - it takes (a little) time for seeds to form. So you are vigilant but miss a flower or two.

Results? A few immature seeds, maybe a few mature ones - and some excellent bud that is heavier than it would have been but much more importantly is fully-mature.

Great journal and great plants too buddy.
Really a great work ++++++rep

Hope you don't end up harvesting early.

Sin semilla is, of course, nice. But I would rather find a seed or two in full-term bud than to have premature bud.

A few male flowers form, you see them, you pick them. You miss one, it matures, it opens. If it's deep within a tight bud then the pollen might not travel far. Either way it's not like flipping a switch - it takes (a little) time for seeds to form. So you are vigilant but miss a flower or two.

Results? A few immature seeds, maybe a few mature ones - and some excellent bud that is heavier than it would have been but much more importantly is fully-mature.

I would agree with you on some parts but the problem with that is I had no idea how long the hermie problem had been going on and how extensive the male growth could have been. Being my first grow I never thought about checking for male parts so late into flowering and I only got the idea once some else on here had a similar issue.
The seeds were not something I was concerned about. I was only concerned about the pollen. And since I had no idea how long the male parts had been growing I had no idea how far along the production of pollen had been going on.
The trichs on the bubblicious were actually approx 30% cloudy to clear. I really wanted a up high and not a couchlock anyways. I harvested them on day 49 of flower so it wasnt to premature to harvest.
The trichs on the white widow were just starting to show any signs of cloudiness and it was about a week premature from optimum harvest time, but my WW was much worse than the Bub was as far as bananas growing on it. Most were actually growing in well hidden spots under leaves. I had to have plucked at least 25 of them and within 2 days they were already regrowing.

Thanks for the help :smokin:

OK before I show all my harvest pics I am having some issues with my Kandy Kush x Skunk. I think its light burn because there is no sign of any burn on the bottom of the plant at all. And I dont think that half strength nutes this late in the game are going to burn em. The light was too close due to the fact that they are a foot taller than the rest of the girls. But the lights now at approx 16-18 in off. I had been keeping the light at approx 12 inches from the kandy kush plants for almost 5 weeks without any sign of light burn until now. Here are some shots.

001361.JPG

007_2_3.JPG

009_2_3.JPG

010_2_2.JPG

Heads high bro, the bud still looks quite dank. I'll admit none of my grows to date have given me the yields i've been looking for, but all have had the quality. Friends and patients alike looove it. That ww looks dank bro, dank.

When do we get to see the KKXS :popcorn::blushsmile:

It didnt turn out too bad for those 2. I got 20.5 grams of the Bub and 14.5 off the WW.

They are flaky dry and curing now. They were so thin it didnt take long for em to dry.

I have tried it out and its way better than anything else coming my way.

Hate to say I told ya so lol

Yeah about the kandy kush and skunk I posted pics yesterday of supposed light burn. The buds are fine its just the leaves. Its nothing too serious right now. I am trying different ways of bending her to be lower from the light.

Back
Top Bottom