2nd Grow 6 Plants 600W Soil Skunk#1 White Widow LA Woman

mrniceguy101

OK LETS GET STARTED FOR A SECOND TIME SHALL WE... :headbanger:

Today is day 18 from seed. They are currently veging under 24hr cfl light.

This will be a 6 plant grow. I have 2 which I have already started and 4 which will be started as soon as my current grow is complete. I have about a week and a half left on my current 9 plant grow. The reason I only have 2 of the 6 growing now is that my cfl light can only fit 2 under it and Im waiting on my tent to be free to use. I just wanted to see what it would be like to veg a couple of my plants for a longer time. The 2 growing now are the Skunk #1 and LA Woman. The skunk#1 is the picture of health and looks great. I have only used big bloom on it once but I am going to use more nutes during veg than I did last grow. The LA Woman may not make it much longer. It developed what appeared to be light burn about a week ago and it started on the bottom 2 leaves which made me think it may have been the ph but the skunk has received the exact same water and light as the la woman and has no issues. It has now spread to the top and I cant figure it out. The closet has perfect humidity, temp, and ventilation, so I am at a loss here. I will probably stop wasting my time on it if it doesnt improve soon. Lets hope the superthrive will help because I was really wanting me some la woman!

The strains are:

4 X Seedsman Seeds Feminized White Widow
Height : Medium, Tall - Type : (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain - Flowering Time : 9-10 Weeks

1 X G13 Labs Skunk #1 Feminized
Height : Medium, Tall Type : Indica / Sativa, Mostly sativa
Flowering Time - Approx 8 weeks

1 X DNA Genetics LA Woman Feminized
Height : Medium Type : Mostly indica
Flowering Time - 9 weeks

Supplies

1 600w HPS Ballast with HPS and Mh bulb. W/ Big Kahuna Reflector from HTG
(HPS for Flower and MH for 2nd half or so of Vegging.)

1 HTG Supply 2 Foot 2 Lamp PL-55 Tek Lamp (for seedlings) 6400K Bulbs
LIGHTS ARE ON 24HRS FOR SEEDLING AND VEG

5 Big Bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
1 Giant bag of Perlite (25% Perlite 75% FFOF)

74" x 74" 74" Mylar lined grow tent (off GREEDbay $190)

Ph Tester with 3 kinds of solution.
Fox Farms Nutes
Cal/Mag & Clearex if needed.
Molasses
Superthrive

Well without further ado lets introduce the 2 babies.

004350.JPG

Skunk #1 (below)

007288.JPG

My Mutant LA WOMAN

017120.JPG

Light burn or PH issue?

006293.JPG

:welcome:

Ok well not exactly a huge welcoming on the new journal...

I have been watering a gallon every other day. Using Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom, molasses, and superthrive. I wanna give superthrive a chance after reading the 100 miracle claims they make on their label. I use the grow big every other watering.

My skunk 1 has been a dream plant. Kind of like my ppp's from the last grow. I guess thats why a lot of seed companies advertise it as easy to grow. I am going to lst this one like crazy. Since its going to be in Veg for about 2 1/2 months. I already topped it a few days ago and its been responding well. I really think that the first grow taught me so much about how the plant grows that it makes a huge difference in lst training the plant to grow the way you want it to.

002399.JPG

001365.JPG

My la woman was almost a gonner but since I have the space to keep it may as well. The lower fan leaves have something off with them. The stems are hard and not like a normal plant. The fan leaves that look healthy are kind of stiff and riffled. I am going to either keep it and flower the 2 going now and 3 white widow seeds, which will be started within the week. Or I will kill the la woman and do the skunk 1 with 4 ww plants. I have been trying different things to fix her but I think a ph imbalance is to blame.

003366.JPG

Ok I didnt outline my LST work much last journal and since it helped so much I want to help where I can.

Here is the pic that really made it clear as how LST should be done.

LST_picture.jpg

Here is my early example of my attempt at following the above example. The circles are the grow tops that are all tied to the side with yarn and duct tape. This is my Skunk #1, which is going to veg for about 80 days so we will see if I can get as many grow tops as the diagram.

001366.JPG

Flush the mutey thoroughly. Takes time with dirt but at least you've cut it with additional perlite.
I'm a hydro guy, so take my advice to wash down a grain of salt. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I flushed it with 1/2 strength clearex about a week ago. I am not sure if that did the trick or not because I tried about 3 things. I used a little ph down, superthrive, and then those didnt help so I flushed it.

I really think that the recent LST on the LA Woman helped the most. All the new growth feels more healthy than the old bottom leaves.

Thanks for stoppin by. :icon_cool

Today is day 36 from seed.

The Skunk growth every day has been amazing.
Check out the tape job!

002402.JPG

001370.JPG

And the group shot with the LA Woman on the left.

003372.JPG

I am hoping my current grow will be done within the next 7 days so I will be able to start them under the MH Bulb. And then add the 3 white widow plants with them.

well needless to say im in for this one

*subscribed* :popcorn:

and that is a super duper lst job lol

ill be posted ;)

well needless to say im in for this one

*subscribed* :popcorn:

and that is a super duper lst job lol

ill be posted ;)

Good to have you on board again. :passitleft:

After Propa Gator mentioned that I counted them today when I was working on them and on the Skunk there was over 25 tops that where being pulled somewhere. And it hasnt even made it to the tent yet. PS all the strings have to be cut off and retied every 2-3 days. I'm sure you can just imagine the fun.

TODAY IS DAY 45 FROM SEED FOR THE SKUNK AND LA WOMAN
AND ITS DAY 3 FOR THE WHITE WIDOWS.

I have been crazy busy with my first grow which has all been harvesting and is either drying or curing now.

I switched this over from the closet with the cfl to the tent with the MH bulb.

017128.JPG

I have been neglecting my lst work over the last few days and that is going to make for one long day today working on them.

And as you can see I have begun the 3 White Widow plants. They were started in rockwool. Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the title of my grow???
Thanks

Wow looking good! That diagram is awesome, you have convinced me to LST the bajeezus out of one of my girls. Those are gonna shoot up and you're going to have a ton of tops! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. :ganjamon:

I'm not saying its for everyone. In my last grow I topped one and didnt lst it. It grew 4 tops and maybe only required attention once every 2 weeks as far as making sure its not tipping over. But then I had 7 others that required bending at least every few days (I find its easier to do on days before watering.) There may be an easier method but this takes a lot of time that a lot of people might not have. If you start it and let it grow without training you will be looking at one crazy girl.

The diagram is not to be thought of as exactly what you will achieve. I stopped at approx where it says (5-10 TOP) I couldn't get the main stem to grow in a circle like that. Instead of going in a circle I just pulled the main stem down and then trained all the new tops that shot up to grow where I wanted them to. So it really depends on the plant.

Thanks for checkin my grow out man. As far as my skunk goes it is well over 30 tops since I counted a few days ago. I think my PPP in my last grow had 9-10. So this will be new to me.

Today is
Day 52 for the skunk and la woman
Day 11 for the white widows

Skunk #1 on the right LA Woman on the left (these pics are after a tie down)

016134.JPG

Skunk #1

018117.JPG

LA Woman

02277.JPG

White Widow

02464.JPG

FYI
I water a gallon of h20 every other day. rotating nutes each time. Using big bloom and a drop of superthrive each watering though. The light is approx 18 inches above the 2 big ones and about 24 inches from the white widows.

Dude, LA Woman looks soo nice and healthy, but Sk#1, looks picture perfect. And your ladies look lst-ed to the max mng. You're doin well so far bro :bravo::thumb:. So whats the ventilation scheme with the hood this time around? or did ya keep it the same?

Thanks Dro

The vent is setup the same as the last grow except for the fact I am not currently using the carbon filter. Heats not an issue so I dont vent the hood.

I am actually switching gears a bit here and will be using my 2nd ballast for a while on the White Widow plants in the next week or so. I am gonna start flowering in the next 2 weeks on the big ones and the white widows will need a couple weeks of veg to be ready. So I am just gonna setup another area out in the open in my basement to veg the 3 WW's for a while. My other ballast is a 400W Lumatek dimmable ballast. I'll get pics once its all setup.

Back
Top Bottom