Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" Fan

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

When you flush let it dry out a bunch them flush again. This will help the plant use up all the nutrients in the soil faster.

CannaBomb62000000
I normally water with phd r/o for the last week or 2

get a little extra run off than normal and let them drink regularly
drying out and then water again

Until i chop...

Is this a good method or should i do a real flush like you stated... In my case 3 gal of water to 3 gal pot?

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

Today I am starting into week 6 of flowering. It has been 36 days now. These strains are supposed to flower from 8 to 10 weeks so hopefully only three to five weeks left. Since I want to flush two weeks before harvest and then feed PH'd water and black strap molasses when should I flush them. I want about 30% amber trichomes when they are finished. There has been no more stretch in week five. The buds are now starting to fatten up and get frosty. Here is todays pictures.
Week_6_flower_3.JPG

Week_6_flower_4.JPG

Week_6_flower_6.JPG

Week_6_flower_8.JPG

Week_6_flower_9.JPG

Week_6_flower_5.JPG

Week_6_flower_2.JPG

Week_6_flower_7.JPG

Week_6_flower_11.JPG

12-14-17_trichomes2.JPG

12-14-17_trichomes1.JPG
These babies looking good as ever bro

LOUD ONLY

I normally water with phd r/o for the last week or 2

get a little extra run off than normal and let them drink regularly
drying out and then water again

Until i chop...

Is this a good method or should i do a real flush like you stated... In my case 3 gal of water to 3 gal pot?

They say do twice the amount of you pots. 10 gallons of water for a 5 gal pot to me seems like too much water and in soil can easily water log your root zone. So I start early and just do 5 gal of water for a 5 gal pot. So yes 3 gal of water for a 3 gal pot to me seems good. You want your ppm in your water to get as low as you can get it. Ph'd water is good for the first week of flush but after that you don't really need to ph it because all your doing is washing out the medium of excess nutrients and salts.

CannaBomb62000000

OK Killian. How did you DO that? :thumb::cheer::thanks: A camera phone and a what?

Very cool!
Its a 60x loupe that mounts to your phone. Its universal so fits any phone. It works real well by its self but when you attach it to a phone you have to be real steady to get a good picture. I probably delete 4 for everyone I keep.lol. the beauty is its only five bucks at amazon. And does the trick for checking your trichomes.

They say do twice the amount of you pots. 10 gallons of water for a 5 gal pot to me seems like too much water and in soil can easily water log your root zone. So I start early and just do 5 gal of water for a 5 gal pot. So yes 3 gal of water for a 3 gal pot to me seems good. You want your ppm in your water to get as low as you can get it. Ph'd water is good for the first week of flush but after that you don't really need to ph it because all your doing is washing out the medium of excess nutrients and salts.

CannaBomb62000000
I feel the same way. I use regular PhD water one gallon every other watering so they kind of get a flush then. Im going to take your advice and flush with 5 gallons except I plan on adding one teaspoon of blackstap mollases per gallon of water and pH it then water with this mixture until harvest. Hopefully that will help with finishing the buds. If it doesn't help at least it shouldn't hurt it.

Unfortunately I can't update pictures this weekend because the hard drive on my computer went tits up. I have a new one coming and should be able to post updated pictures the first of next week. Also my carbon scrubber quit working and the smell from the basement all though wonderful is over powering. The scrubber has reversible flanges so I turned them around tonight and will hopefully get enough life out of it to finish this grow. If not then I will be buying another one. I'm definitely going to need one for drying the buds if I want to keep it stealthy. My buds are filling out nice and the trichomes are still all clear so I believe I have at least another two weeks to go. They just started into week seven since flipping to 12/12. I will add pics as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone for following along. I appreciate it very much.

I feel the same way. I use regular PhD water one gallon every other watering so they kind of get a flush then. Im going to take your advice and flush with 5 gallons except I plan on adding one teaspoon of blackstap mollases per gallon of water and pH it then water with this mixture until harvest. Hopefully that will help with finishing the buds. If it doesn't help at least it shouldn't hurt it.
I recommend cutting the molasses out a week prior to chop so the sugar can break down. Feed it plain water the last week. Sugar if not broken down all the way can cause a harsh smoke and you will need to cure longer so it can break down all the axses sugar. If that makes sense.

CannaBomb62000000

Sorry about your luck man and hopefully that scrubber makes it.

I recommend cutting the molasses out a week prior to chop so the sugar can break down. Feed it plain water the last week. Sugar if not broken down all the way can cause a harsh smoke and you will need to cure longer so it can break down all the axses sugar. If that makes sense.

CannaBomb62000000

That's over my head but I'll take your advice and stop the molasses the last week. Thank you.

Sorry about your luck man and hopefully that scrubber makes it.
Thank you Levi. If it doesn't I'll get another and be more conservative next time.

Do you have your fan on a speed controller?
I had mine do the same thing sounded like a turbine
Ended up having to replace it but i put a duct fan 6 in on my carbon filter and it helped alot.
Obviously its not ideal but in a pinch could help you out.

Do you have your fan on a speed controller?
I had mine do the same thing sounded like a turbine
Ended up having to replace it but i put a duct fan 6 in on my carbon filter and it helped alot.
Obviously its not ideal but in a pinch could help you out.

Yes my fan is on a speed control. My fan is working great its just the carbon filter Is not eliminating the smell.

Yes my fan is on a speed control. My fan is working great its just the carbon filter Is not eliminating the smell.
Oh ok sorry i misunderstood i wonder why that is?
Ive never dealt with that im sure im going to soon hopefully not this round i hope you get it figured out brother

Oh ok sorry i misunderstood i wonder why that is?
Ive never dealt with that im sure im going to soon hopefully not this round i hope you get it figured out brother

No need to apologize. After reading my answer it came off like I was being defensive and that was not my intention. I should have put a comma after the yes.lol maybe I'm running my fan to fast I have it on medium. Where do you run your fan?

I'm not sure being I've never used a carbon filter myself... But can't you refill them yourself? Just replace the charcoal? Turning it around is nice,,, should buy ya some time anyways.... GL and Keepem Green

Oh your good thats not how i took it at all! Lol

My fan sits in the top corner of my tent opposite my intake...

I have it running at around 50% but i use mine more on the side of heat extraction so on the warmer days i turn it up and down on the cooler days.

Its set up... filter/silencer/inline/ducting out the tent

I dont use it to cool my light so there is no ducting in between anything its just a straight line pretty much and my inline is rated at way higher than i need.

From my understanding i dont think they make the filters refillable anymore...
i could be wrong and if you all find one thats refillable let me know!

This has me stumped killian. Its obvious its not user error id assume it was the equipment..

I think i just got a bad one. I'm going to try a different brand this time. The one I had stated you could turn the flanges around to get more Iife out of it. Wrong didn't help. Looking at it while it was apart I don't see anyway you could replace the charcoal in it. For me I love the smell I just cant afford for others to smell it. Its not exactly legal where I live.

I think i just got a bad one. I'm going to try a different brand this time. The one I had stated you could turn the flanges around to get more Iife out of it. Wrong didn't help. Looking at it while it was apart I don't see anyway you could replace the charcoal in it. For me I love the smell I just cant afford for others to smell it. Its not exactly legal where I live.

Thats unfortunate.

I love the smell too but its better to be safe than sorry.

And me either and unfortunately it doesnt look like itll ever be legal here..

These laws here are medieval lol

We have sooooo much to figure out before we even come close to even having the discussion.

Its sad really...

Back
Top Bottom