Killian's FFOF Soil Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Chunk & Dutch Delight Grow Journal 2018

Killian

Medium: 70% Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil, 30% Perilite. Nutrients: Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Flower Kiss, Kangaroots, Bembe, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching, Botanicare Cal Mag plus. Lights: Veg. 450W led. Flower 600W HPS. Tent: 2X2 for veg. 4X4 for flower. Fan: 6" clip on for veg. 442 CFM with scrubber and two 6" clip on for flower. Bucket Size: 5 Gallons. Strains: Vanilla Kush (seed), Pineapple Chunk (seed), Dutch Delight (clone). Current growth stage: vegetation week 3 for seeds. Clone was taken 10/3/18. Temperature: 68 to 77 degrees. RH 49 to 82%. It has been awhile since I posted a journal. I have been inspired by one of the members that
I reached out to for some advice to start this journal. I have been very fortunate and have had some excellent grows. 17 ounces dried and cured has been my best grow. My smallest yielding grow was 13 ounces growing autos. This being in a 4X4 tent with a 600W HPS. I have had cal mag issues with several different strains and phenotypes. To date this is the only real problem I have had. For this journal my plan is to follow Fox Farms feeding schedule at 100% including flushes instead of trying to modify it. After discussing my problems with a member that impressed me with their knowledge I believe that the cal mag issue is brought on by depriving the plants of needed nutrients in part by incorrect ph ranges caused by chasing ph readings I am getting from checking my run off and in part by feeding less than recommended. I will of course cut back on nutrients if I start to see nutrient burn. With all that being said let's get started. The seeds are in week 3 of vegetation and the clones which is my first attempt was taken on 10/3/18 prior to starting flowering of my current grow. The seedlings and clones are hanging out in the 2X4 veg tent waiting on my current grow to finish. Going forward I will be using the Fox farms feeding schedule at 100%. My current grow has at least two weeks before they finish before the babies get their new home. The following are pictures of Liberty Haze, Big Bud, Dream Machine and Dutch Delight. They are starting week 8 of flowering and still have some clear trichomes. I like to harvest when I see some amber or at least no clear trichomes.

. Now for the stars of the show the seedss:

. And last but not least the clones. Not all will make the flower room. I only grow four at once in the 4X4 tent.

Thank you for dropping in and a special thanks to the member that inspired this journal.

Thanks for stopping by AngryBird. I hate to throw out a perfectly good plant but only four of the little ones will make the cut. I purchased some new beans after I started my clones not knowing if I Would have any luck with the clones being my first try. I have been wanting to try the vanilla kush and pineapple chunk so they get priority. I hate this spell checker by the way. Is there a way to turn it off.

Added my new light to the veg tent tonight. Now I have two 450W vipraspectres lighting it up. I decided to sacrifice my Big Bud clone tonight. I wasn't to impressed with the way it grew. I will cull two more when it's time to put them in the flower tent. Tonight I watered the clones and seedlings. I gave them 1 tsp of cal mag plus (2-0-0) to a gallon of water. PH to 6.5 my tap water is 320 PPM. The addition of the cal mag raised it to 530PPM.
Clones: (PPM in 530)
Dutch Delight #2 (PPM out 1326) 6.5" tall x 14 x14
Dutch Delight #4 (PPM out 1300) 6.5" tall x 12 x 13
Dream Machine (PPM out 1090) 7.5" tall x 10 x 17
Seeds: (PPM in 530)
Vanilla Kush #1 (PPM out 1138) 4" tall
Vanilla Kush #2 (PPM out 1250) 3 .5" tall
Pineapple Chunk ( PPM out 1190) 4.75" tall.
I was checking the PH out but after hearing some discussion on it decided the information doesn't help.
Next feeding they will get the nutrients at 100% strength and I will monitor them and take it from there. They will get flushed prior to putting them in flower. Next feed they will be getting week 4 of the Fox farms schedule and I will continue this until I put them in flower. That's usually about 6 to 8 weeks for me. I don't like to start flowering until I start to see signs of sex. That's the plan anyway I can't guarantee I'll stick to it that's up to how the plants react.I

I do have a question though, with the nitrogen in the cal mag can someone explain how I might figure out how much less of the grow big I should feed. It's 6-4-4 and the dose is 3 tsp per gallon.

Today's pics include the new lights in the veg. tent and the Big Bud clone I culled.

Did a little more training tonight. The clones are really starting to dry up fast. Transplant in the near future. The seedlings are starting to put on a lot of growth. I'll post pictures in a couple of days. They will get their weekly foilar feeding tonight. The second light I added adds more heat than expected but manageable. I learned something very interesting. I have been letting my tap water sit for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate prior to using it. At the advice of Emilya I researched what our city uses and it is chloramine not chlorine which not only does not evaporate it can actually get more concentrated letting it sit out. Needless to say I won't be letting my water set prior to using it anymore. I was surprised that was the first i heard of that. The flowering tent smells incredible right now. Won't be long before I can put all my efforts into my new batch.

Busy night tonight feeding and documenting. The clones and big girls needed feeding tonight. I gave the clones week 4 nutrients at 100% strength. They will stay in that feeding schedule until they are ready for flowering then they will get flushed and I will start the first week of the flower nutes at 100%. Below are pictures of the clones tonight.

The seedlings still have a couple of days before they need a feeding. Below are the pictures of the seedlings.

The big girls are in their 8th week of flowering still a lot of clear trichomes. Probably will give them another two weeks. Below are pictures of the big girls

Thank you Emilya. How can you make your pictures thumbnails when you attach them.
DSCF6702x750.jpg
by clicking the insert: Thumbnail button

Back
Top Bottom