Second Grow - Soil - LED - Skywalker Kush - Incredible Bulk - Dutch Delight

Day 106 Update (Day 50 of Flower):

I am excited to share these girls with you! Being that I am on day 50 of flower - that is just over the 7 week veg mark. I originally had planned to push them with food until week 8 and then do two weeks of flushing to finish them off around week 10. They had their own plans... Their trichs were all showing that it was time to begin the flushing process and get ready for harvest. Keeping a close eye on them and making sure the ventilation is good, the fan is blowing, and the RH is staying around 45-50%. Skywalker Kush plant #2, Incredible Bulk, and Dutch Delight are producing some heavvvvvvy colas on them. Still have much more to learn with this wonderful plant and always focusing on quality is of upmost importance to me. Here they are...

All_1_31_18.png

Skywalker Kush:

SK_1_Cola_1_31_18.png

SK_2_Cola_1_31_18.png

Dutch Delight and Incredible Bulk "Mary Ellen":

DD_Cola_1_31_18.png

IB_Cola_2_1_31_18.png

IB_Cola_1_31_18.png

Gorgeous man! Such a nice variety of flowers and colors ..

Well done!

Appreciate you coming back with pics! It's tough to get around to everything but it's always nice to come back and see all is well :3

Cheers OF! ..

The room is fluctuating a between 63-73 degrees F and 50-60% RH. The girls have been feeding on water only pH'd to 6.5. Did some defoliation of the fan leaves and light trimming where needed. Mary Ellen was left alone because seems to be pulling food out of the leaves slowly. Getting closer....

All_2_5_18.png

I am proud to share that the Skywalker's have been chopped! They were showing all the signs of being ready so I chopped the large one last night and the small one today. I'll get some pics of them up soon as well. On the smaller Skywalker there were some impacted areas that were a light greenish-yellow color on the inside of the nugs so we'll have to check that out too. Not really sure what caused it so I'll be cruising around on here looking for some answers. Mary Ellen and the Dutch Delight are just about there as well. I'm going to give them a gulp of just water tonight and probably cut em down on Saturday. Thanks for dropping by!

:ganjamon:

Congratulations on the beginning of a successful harvest! I am not experienced enough to provide an answer to the nug discoloration but hopefully it isn't anything serious! Looking forward to seeing pics of the final product. Thank you for sharing this grow with us!

Congratulations on the beginning of a successful harvest! I am not experienced enough to provide an answer to the nug discoloration but hopefully it isn't anything serious! Looking forward to seeing pics of the final product. Thank you for sharing this grow with us!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your honesty - when I get to the bottom of it, I'll post an update so we have another reference point for the resolution. Definitely looking forward to the final product and will be taking some photos to share of the trim, final product before jarring and possibly a cured update as well. Thanks for being here and sharing these wonderful times! I'm glad yours is going great so far with Van!!!!

Conclusion:
Well, the time has come. All of the girls have been chopped, cured and jarred. They have all done exceptionally well and I am pleased with the results. There are some areas of opportunity to improve on so I will be making those changes for the next one related to feeding, topping and training.

Medium: I was pleased with the Roots 707 organic soil and it preformed nicely this round. There were no infestations and it held the water well. I am going to stick with this soil for the next round and in the mean time; a compost bin may be purchased to begin a batch of LOS.

Nutrients: At first, I was struggling to understand these and get a good balance as I have not worked with a calcium based line before. After some adjusting and getting the ratios right; the girls started responding great! I should have anticipated this. I am going to stick with the Nectar for the Gods line for another round and continue to research the science behind calcium based nutes.

Strains:

Skywalker Kush by Reserva Privada - Two completely different pheno's; one was tall and stacked the other short and fully figured. Combined, the two girls produced 140 grams. The smaller girl produced the better overall quality of the two. They give that distinct jet fuel like Skywalker scent and taste great!

Dutch Delight by Flying Dutchman - Excellent! This girl produced an ideal pheno and filled out nicely with dense colas. I am enjoying this strain and looking forward to the long term cure on this one. There were some heavy colas on this so it is going to take some time to reach it's peak.

Incredible Bulk by Dr. Krippling - Another fun strain to grow! This was a funky mutant pheno that I ended up calling Mary Ellen from the early days. She turned out to be a very special girl and produced some large colas; around 14 colas and produced 105 grams. Also, there was a little shock from the cold winter and it has a purple hue to the cured flowers. I would love to grow this strain outdoors or in a single tent to see how large I could get her.

Thank you all for dropping by and hanging out in the old farmer's journal. :ganjamon:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom