Fluxing Incredible! - Building It With Brix - DBHBB

I have a question. With a year of fluxing that's going to make the plant very wide. Are you concerned about excessive stress being placed on the branches from this width, especially during flowering? Are you planning to support the main lateral branches somehow?
Being in the construction industry I planned to build a frame for her. I think it'll be easy. It'll be like a scrog, but the frame will be below her to tie the branches down to. She will have plenty of support. Good question. :thumb:

Being in the construction industry I planned to build a frame for her. I think it'll be easy. It'll be like a scrog, but the frame will be below her to tie the branches down to. She will have plenty of support. Good question. :thumb:

nismo, do you have a fan lightly blowing across the stems/tops at some times during the day?

this will help strengthen the stems and branches, plus being in Kit soil, fiberglass branches occur quite often :)

nismo, do you have a fan lightly blowing across the stems/tops at some times during the day?

this will help strengthen the stems and branches, plus being in Kit soil, fiberglass branches occur quite often :)
Most definately. Last night when training occurred she was already getting stiff. So made sure to put down some permanent ties so that she doesn't move out of range of flexibility. She is where we want her to be now.

Day 38 Update

This girl has not been disliking any thing I do to her. She gets her wires adjusted every other day as she is growing at a steady pace. Tomorrow or Saturday she will get some water and 1/4 trans. When spraying Brix, do I want to try and time it 2 days before watering or anything? Also, I am noticing that some of the leaves in the middle are turning a more pale of green. Anyways, here she is.

DSC_025220.JPG

DSC_025314.JPG

I pruned one of her under leaves and it was a beautiful leaf.

DSC_025415.JPG

Everyone have a high night. :passitleft:

Day 38 Update

This girl has not been disliking any thing I do to her. She gets her wires adjusted every other day as she is growing at a steady pace. Tomorrow or Saturday she will get some water and 1/4 trans. When spraying Brix, do I want to try and time it 2 days before watering or anything? Also, I am noticing that some of the leaves in the middle are turning a more pale of green. Anyways, here she is.

DSC_025220.JPG

DSC_025314.JPG

I pruned one of her under leaves and it was a beautiful leaf.

DSC_025415.JPG

Everyone have a high night. :passitleft:

Let it dry out and give it a good Growth Energy drench next time.

That's what she is due for then tonight or tomorrow. She was feeling extremely light last night. Thanks doc.
By the looks of her, I'd say wait till she wilts a bit before drenching. Not because you want wilting....but because I suspect you could go a tad longer between waterings and doing so will really help in the long run.

Check the weight of the pot once she starts to droop and make a mental note.

Day 41 Update

I waited until this evening to give her GE Drench. 5 mL GE, 1 mL Tea, and 1 Gallon of water. It had been 8 days since the last time she had been watered. She currently working on her 3rd set on each side so 12 tops right now. I lowered the two ends so that they are now the lowest point in this feeding loop. Her side branches are small and are not getting much in the feeding loop. So now they will be dominant and speed up the growth hopefully. I can also see roots coming out of the drainage holes in the bottom of the pots. They soon will be starting to swirl and get root bound. We picked up some plastic #5s and she will be getting one in a few short weeks. Well here she is in her Drench.

DSC_028116.JPG

DSC_028319.JPG

Everyone have a high night. :blunt:

Very nice!! I'm looking forward to what she will turn out to be. Happy growing!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Took a quick look at her last night and her side branches have started to grow faster and have close to 1" of growth now so they will finally have to be trained. Almost have to get the dowel rods down to tie off to for the flux ends that are out passed the pot rim.

I'll get some pictures up later and will work on the time lapse. Speaking of which, we need to come up with a different mounting point for the camera. Since it is above the pot we can't lower the light to where it needs to be. There is currently 6" or so above the tops to the light and with T5s we could get a bit closer to help with the growth.

:passitleft:

Day 43 Update

She has responded well to the GE Drench she just got on Sunday. The lowered flux ends has sped up growth on the side branches and large fan leaves will be taken in a few days after she gets Brix tomorrow. But I think she is coming together nicely. :thumb:

DSC_031618.JPG

DSC_031721.JPG

DSC_031920.JPG

Looking forward to see this strain done in DBHB...I was impressed what she did in my modest grow...cheerz!...h00k...
You and me both. Possibly by the time she goes to flower we will have CO2 running in the flower room and then we will see what she will do. Granted she will be a couple pounder hopefully anyways but the little extra wouldn't hurt. What's the smoke report like?

One thing that about fluxing has taught me, besides patience, is that you can control were the growth goes. You can see what needs to be done and you can direct the growth anywhere. Simply brilliant.

Its typical Indica...not very heady...cozy/comfortable/watch some TV(with chips...lolool)...I did let mine go a tad longer...so more amber trichs=nice nightime smoke...next run will catch them at all cloudy...Cheerz...h00k...

Picture_004376.jpg

Day 46 Update

I've been sitting on these pictures since Friday and am just getting around to it. She underwent quite the training session and starting to look like the flux she is supposed to be. Pruned all of the leaves at the nodes that had around 1" of growth and started their horizontal training.

A couple before photos

DSC_033723.JPG

DSC_033823.JPG

Then after her torture session

DSC_034020.JPG

DSC_034117.JPG

Ill grab some more pictures today to get everyone up to date. She did get some de-stress to help ease the pain that I put her through but she will be just fine. Will be working on the time lapse video today so that tomorrow I can put in the last couple days and get the last month uploaded.

Everyone have a great day and I'll have some pictures up tonight.

Day 50 Update

No pictures tonight but I do have the time lapse for the month of October for your enjoyment. Lost about a week at the beginning when I attempted to use a WiFi SD card and it didn't work with that camera. Works in our Nikon so we just switched cards. The entire year could be done on a 32 GB card. Anyways she is doing just fine and is coming off of a straight watering on Sunday so a GE drench will be due in a day or two. Watering frequency is starting to increase as well. Destress was sprayed last night and tomorrow is the Brix day.

Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;yTPaSAKEFaE]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom