Second Grow - Soil - LED - Skywalker Kush - Incredible Bulk - Dutch Delight

OregonFarmer

Hello!

Well, here we go for round two!! This will be my second grow and I'm excited to be here! I have limited experience with growing but learning quickly with the support of friends and the community here. I do have multiple years of observing and being the 'gopher' by doing miscellaneous tasks for grower friends. Please ask and I will give you my knowledge or direct you to someone who may know. I'm sticking with soil again for this grow, although a friend of mine is going strong with the coco coir so I may be switching over soon. We share info and continue to push each other to learn more so he will be a solid resource when I finally make the switch.

I will be using a local company's nutes called Nectar for the Gods for this grow and will continue to use Roots Organics 707 soil — a fresh batch hopefully without a preloaded batch of fungus gnats. I picked up a sample pack of nutes complimentary of Nectar so this will be good test run. I must say; I enjoyed the Roots line I used with their soil for my previous grow, First Grow — GDP & Cheesedawg, so I will most likely be going back to them after this grow...we'll see. There are a couple other I have my eye on I want to try as well; also highly considering amending my own soil and going the super soil route and only feeding the girls h2o and teas. It really depends on what medium I go with next and then I'll make my final choice. Quality is of upmost importance for me.

I've selected mainly Indica's for this grow and the strains are going to be....

• Skywalker Kush by Reserva Privada (Two feminized seeds)
  • Big Bud by Sensi Seeds (One feminized seed)
  • Dutch Delight by Flying Dutchman (One feminized seed)

Skywalker Kush - also known as Skylwalker OG — is an indica dominant cross between Skywalker and OG Kush. This strain is one of my faves because it is an indica dominant strain that has a nice punch to it. It has a piney and clean fuel like undertone when done proper — very enjoyable. This and Platinum GSC I really enjoy the flavor profile; the pepper flavor is a great addition as well.

Big Bud — This is an industry favorite amongst many. I'm hoping the pheno this bean produces is ideal and stacks some serious colas. Big Bud is another one of the strains that has the piney/spicey like aroma. It is an Indica so this should be a heavy hitter as well. This strain always takes me back to some of the first herb I came across.

Dutch Delight — A personal strain I have only came across a few times but was over zealous when I did. Dutch Treat is another strain I enjoy so I'll be keeping an eye out for that as well. As for Dutch Delight — it's a Big Bud x Afghani x Skunk cross that is an Indica power hitter. As always, I'm hoping the genetics in this little bean are solid. Fingers are crossed.

So, for these four plants — they all are Indica or Indica dominant, have similar flowering cycles of around 8 weeks, and good for smaller indoor grows. Ideally my 4' x 4' tent will be filled with a canopy from these girls. Still debating on if the ScrOG will be set up for this grow — also considering cutting it half and making it two individual panels so it would be easier to adjust in the tents; as both sides fluctuate in foliar height. I do have plenty of gardening stakes and string to keeps the plants stretched out so time will tell with the ScrOG.

As for the quality of the seeds... I question one of the Skywalker Kush's and also the Big Bud seed because they are both about half the size of all the other ones. In the photo below; it looks like the Big Bud bean is bigger than the Dutch Delight but this is only because of the magnification of the water. Fingers are crossed and hoping for the best! They were placed in shot glasses with room temp water for 24 hours then placed in a moist paper towel inside a Ziploc bag... until they crack open and sprout a tap root. From there, I will be placing them in smaller plastic pots to develop their first set of roots and the plant's stalk begins to develop. After they have formed a nice tennis ball size of roots; I will be transplanting them to their final home of five gallon root pouches. Many advise of doing an additional transplant between veg and bloom but I'm not going for it on this one. I will be focusing on letting their root structure fully develop, watching them closely; then top, or FIM, at a hopefully optimal time and stretching them out with LST and HST.

The environment is extremely important for the success of these girls so the cool winter coming will be beneficial with controlling the temperature of the room. My lights have proven to work well for this tent size and there is good air flow with a source of fresh air. Local water comes in at an already incredibly low ppm's and ideal pH. Overall, with a little bit more knowledge, experience and ideal conditions — this grow should be better then the last. I am questioning one of the Skywalker's and Big Bud solely based on the size and appearance of the seeds. Hoping they pull through.... Plan B is obtaining some fresh cut clones.

Here we gooooooo.... The beans have been dropped into water and the journey begins!

Seeds_in_water.png

I'm in! I've had my eye on that Skywalker for a.long time, excited to see what you can do!

:blunt:

I'm in! I've had my eye on that Skywalker for a.long time, excited to see what you can do!

:blunt:

What What! What up Bignstrange! Nice! It's a personal fave so I'm hoping for good things. As you read - one of the beans was questionable so fingers are crossed for both to sprout! Here.... hit this!

:passitleft:

Subbed and ready to watch the show, I hope you have the Grow gods on your side. Happy growing

Yea buddy. Great lineup!

Nice to meet ya Ill!! Thank you!

Subbed and ready to watch the show, I hope you have the Grow gods on your side. Happy growing

Thank you bignugz!! Happy to have you here and hope the Grow gods are with us as well!! Nice to see another PNW grower!!

Subbed up. Enjoyed your last journal. I’m sure this one will be even better. Good luck

Always a pleasure, KevinL! Thanks for joining this one - you always have good input!!

Nice to meet ya Ill!! Thank you!

Thank you bignugz!! Happy to have you here and hope the Grow gods are with us as well!! Nice to see another PNW grower!!

Always a pleasure, KevinL! Thanks for joining this one - you always have good input!!

Yea buddy I love pacNW best weather for growing indoors and out I am from mountlake terrace

I'll pull up a chair for this one sir. I was oddly just looking for a few new journals to follow. Time to crush the first grow! Good luck.

Aweee yeaaa! Happy to have you here, bro! For sure, I'm looking forward to this one. Kinda wish I was using the same nutes but going for it with Nectar for the Gods instead. Thanks for the good luck!

:ganjamon:

Yea buddy I love pacNW best weather for growing indoors and out I am from mountlake terrace

That's awesome! For sure - we have ideal conditions! Cool, I like Snohomish county. I've got a buddy in the Lake Stevens area; it's nice visiting the neighbors up North!

Germination Update:

The beans have been placed in soil within a moist jiffypot dome. Two of them sprouted and had tap roots developing. The two in question remain there....in question with no visible development progression. The room is staying around 75 degrees F and running the lights 24hrs for now. Once they pop above soil; I will switch to 16/8.

Germination_day_1.png

Back
Top Bottom