Killian's FFOF Soil Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Chunk & Dutch Delight Grow Journal 2018

The 2 Vanilla Kush & Pineapple chunk needed watered today. It has been seven days since their last feeding. Today they are 61 days since they germinated. I don't count the first week as vegging. This Saturday they will have been vegging for 8 weeks. This is usually when I put them in flower. They are starting to show their sex now. I will let them veg for another week then flush them and move them to the flowering tent. The two 450 watt LED lights have been great for keeping tight internodal distance. I have been keeping the lights on veg only at approximately 13 to 14" from the canopy.
The dimensions of the plants are as follows:
Vanilla Kush #1 6.5"x17"x19"
Vanilla Kush #2 7.5"x18"x21"
Pineapple chunk 8.5"x19"x20"
Dream Machine 12"x25"x31"
Dutch Delight 10"x25"x25"
As you can see I can't get them any wider horizontal growth is at its maximum for flowering 4 plants. Its going to be a shame to have to cull one they are all doing so nice.
Here's some pictures of the girls in veg before their watering.
KIMG2494.JPGKIMG2493.JPGKIMG2497.JPGKIMG2496.JPGKIMG2502.JPGKIMG2501.JPG
Here's a picture showing the tight internodal distance.
KIMG2508.JPGKIMG2507.JPG
I was bored today so I created a spread sheet on my kindle. I'll see if I can attach it. It should be help

I contacted Fox Farms today to ask what they recommend for nutrient and water ph to account for ph drift in the soil. Their response is below. It sounds to me with their buffered soil as long as your nutrient and water ph is between 6.3 and 6.8 your golden. The salt build up from not flushing is probably what is causing the deficiencies not the fluctuations in the ph. Whats your thoughts on this.
Capture.JPG

ff2.JPG

My thinking is the soil is kind of a hybrid of super soil you don't have to worry about the ph drift as long as your within the 6.3 to 6.8 the soil will take care of buffering the ph. Where as some super soil you don't have to worry about the ph at all. Maybe wrong but that's the conclusion I came up with based on their reply. I still think its good practice to ph consistently but maybe not as important in certain soils such as this one.

Thanks for your reply dankman. I have been very diligent ph,ing my water and nutrients to 6.4 but I honestly think the regular flushing is a bigger factor. There's a lot of salts in the fox farm nutrients and in the past I have not been flushing at regular intervals. I only flushed when i noticed a deficiency. Also was to sparing on the calmag. I think this grow will be much different. I have always fought low humidity in my flowering tent so I am adding a humidifier as soon as it shows up. Hopefully I can get this dialed in and grow some monster colas.

I just received my humidifier for my t flower tent today. KIMG2522.JPG
It has some very nice features including a sleep mode that will turn off the display lights while it continues to work. Right now I have it set to cut off at 60% I've had it running for an hour and my humidity is at 50% and holding. All the plants are growing fast and are very healthy. Today I did some more LST on pineapple chunk. As soon as it recovers in the next day or to I will flush the plants and put two of them in flower. At that time I will have to cull one of my vanilla kush plants. That's going to hurt there all looking so good. Survival of the fittest right. Here's today's picture dump.
Here's the girls in flower.
KIMG2523.JPGKIMG2518.JPGKIMG2517.JPGKIMG2521.JPGKIMG2520.JPG
I flipped to 12/12 one week ago today. I will monitor the canopy daily and keep bending as needed to keep the canopy even.

I just received my humidifier for my t flower tent today. KIMG2522.JPG
It has some very nice features including a sleep mode that will turn off the display lights while it continues to work. Right now I have it set to cut off at 60% I've had it running for an hour and my humidity is at 50% and holding. All the plants are growing fast and are very healthy. Today I did some more LST on pineapple chunk. As soon as it recovers in the next day or to I will flush the plants and put two of them in flower. At that time I will have to cull one of my vanilla kush plants. That's going to hurt there all looking so good. Survival of the fittest right. Here's today's picture dump.
Here's the girls in flower.
KIMG2523.JPGKIMG2518.JPGKIMG2517.JPGKIMG2521.JPGKIMG2520.JPG
I flipped to 12/12 one week ago today. I will monitor the canopy daily and keep bending as needed to keep the canopy even.

I’m currently looking at a humidifier for my big tent... which one did you end up getting?

Taotronics? 3.5L?

The following pictures are of the girls in the veg tent. Two of them will be going to join the other girls in the flower tent very soon. They first need to be flushed and recover from the flushing.
KIMG2510.JPGKIMG2512.JPGKIMG2511.JPGKIMG2514.JPGKIMG2513.JPGKIMG2516.JPGKIMG2515.JPG
That's it for now. Thanks for taking a look.

I’m currently looking at a humidifier for my big tent... which one did you end up getting?

Taotronics? 3.5L?
Opolar ultrasonic humidifier model H01BK. Bought it off amazon.

Does you dehumidifier create a lot of heat. Mine is a bigger one that puts off quite a bit of heat
sorry I didn't reply. I missed this one somehow. I haven't noticed any extra heat but man it uses a lot of water.

I put pineapple chunk in the flower tent tonight. I noticed the Dutch Delight had a little heat stress. It was then that I realized I made a rookie mistake. I had my temp/humidity gauge above my light. I clipped it their to get it out of my way. When I moved it down to the canopy the temps were close to 90. I've been measuring them at 77. I had also turned the fan down to help with humidity.I'm glad I caught it when I did. No harm done. I now have the light moved up to 18" above the canopy and one of the fans blowing up on the light. I also turned the exhaust fan up. Today I also flushed both the vanilla kush. When they bounce back i am going to put one in the flower tent. That's it for updates. I'll post pictures later in the week.

A little update today I watered Dream Machine man that is one thirsty plant. Drinking a gallon every three days. That is the one i mainlined. Both the Dream Machine and Dutch Delight have been in flower two weeks this Saturday and already starting to stack buds. Both of the Vanilla Kush have been flushed and bounced back the day after. This weekend I will add one to the flower tent its going to get crowded real fast. All the plants are looking super healthy. The 100% nutrients are agreeing with them so far. That's all I have for now. Here's the pictures.
KIMG2526.JPGKIMG2525.JPGKIMG2528.JPGKIMG2531.JPGKIMG2526.JPGKIMG2530.JPGKIMG2532.JPGKIMG2537.JPG
These next ones are the Vanilla Kush plants. One will be added to the tent this weekend and one will be culled to make room for the clones.
KIMG2533.JPGKIMG2535.JPGKIMG2534.JPG

Quick update. The plants are all in cruise control now. They are handling the 100% nutrients well. The Dream Machine is coming up on three weeks since I flipped them to 12/12. I figured I would get more stretch out of her but she is wide and full of bud sites. I am very happy with the plants structures and they should yield well. The humidifier is working well it was a nice addition to the flowering tent. The plants are very healthy and happy. That's it for now. Here's this week's pictures.
IMG_20190116_171636_hdr_kindlephoto-207101948.jpgIMG_20190116_171610_hdr_kindlephoto-207187654.jpgIMG_20190116_172259_hdr_kindlephoto-207490822.jpgIMG_20190116_172440_hdr_kindlephoto-207590467.jpgIMG_20190116_172822_hdr_kindlephoto-207804864.jpgIMG_20190116_172806_hdr_kindlephoto-207869942.jpgIMG_20190116_173400_hdr_kindlephoto-208205095.jpgIMG_20190116_174143_hdr_kindlephoto-208846777.jpgIMG_20190116_174919_hdr_kindlephoto-208736198.jpgIMG_20190116_174741_hdr_kindlephoto-208785167.jpg

Back
Top Bottom