Killian's FFOF Soil Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Chunk & Dutch Delight Grow Journal 2018

Hey man, hope it's cool if I follow along. You have some awsome plants going. I was wondering how you like your 450w viparspectra led? I have the same one that I'm gonna use for veg and wasn't sure what distance I should keep it at to start.
I apologize for the late reply. Things have been very hectic lately. I commute an hour each way to work and I've been working overtime so by the time I get home and tend to my plants I don't have much time for the journal. Glad to have you here. As for the vipra spectra all I use them for is veg and they work great keeping the internodal distance tight. I usually start at 24" and keep lowering them until I get to around 18" I don't use the bloom function when I tried they stretched to much for my liking. There are a lot of people that use both veg and bloom together but I like keeping the nodes tight. Thanks for the kind words.

I finally have a little time tonight to take some pics. The plants are loving their environment and doing fantastic. One thing worth noting is my clones started flowering almost immediately after flipping to 12/12 and didn't stretch much at all. Had I known that would have happened I would have let them get a little taller prior to the flip. The buds are stacking up nicely so I can't complain to much. Here are some pictures this evening. Thank for following along. KIMG2544.JPGKIMG2551.JPGKIMG2553.JPGKIMG2554.JPGKIMG2556.JPGKIMG2560.JPGKIMG2561.JPGKIMG2562.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG2558.JPG
    KIMG2558.JPG
    571 KB · Views: 47
Little update tonight. After taking the pictures and inspection I had to prune some leaves in the middle of Dutch Delight. The leaves in the bottom and middle were pale and the buds were very moist. I started getting worried about bud rot because of the moisture. I don't know if its a concern this early in flower but I didn't want to take any chances. The foilage was so thick I wasn't getting enough air flow through her. Other than that I've been keeping to my 100% feeding schedule and flushes. I wish I would have let the clones stretch a little more before I put them in flower. There had been very little stretch with the clones since flipping them. They almost immediately started flowering. The ones from seeds stretched as anticipated. This is my first run from clones and I have a lot to learn. The buds are stacking up very nice and I should end up with a decent harvest. Time will tell. One exciting thing today was that their are two medical marijuana bills up for vote and the new Governor said she was for medical marijuana. It could be coming soon. Exciting times. Now for the pictures.
KIMG2574.JPG
KIMG2575.JPG
KIMG2576.JPG
KIMG2577.JPG
KIMG2578.JPG
KIMG2571.JPG
KIMG2579.JPG

Jungle is super:thumb:
Good luck on the voting!
A few of you outside/visiting them, informing about medical Cannabis would be a good idea too ;)
Thank you. I agree I think 2019 will be a big year for mmj. Exciting times ahead.

Time for a little update. The plants are growing like rock stars. I haven't encountered any deficiencies at all. The Dream Machine & Dutch Delight clones are starting week 6 since flipping to 12/12. The Pineapple Chunk and Vanilla Kush are starting week 4 from the switch. I have taken the humidifier out of the tent since the buds are getting dense for fear of bud rot. Better safe than sorry. The humidity is still holding 26 to 40%. The plants are now wall to wall in my 4x4 tent. I have been doing some selective defoilation I have been pretty conservative only taking leaves laying on top of each other or ones I can't tuck to open bud sites. They have all responded very well to the 100% nutrients. I also add one teaspoon of cal mag every watering and feeding. I have also been following the flushing schedule fox farms recommend. These are probably the healthiest plants I have grown to date. Enough blabbing. Here's this weeks pictures.
KIMG2607.JPG
KIMG2609.JPG
KIMG2607.JPG
KIMG2593.JPG
KIMG2605.JPG
KIMG2595.JPG
KIMG2602.JPG
KIMG2597.JPG
KIMG2599.JPG

This is great to see! The experiment seems to be a roaring success!
Thanks Em, so far it's going better than expected. I figured I would have to back off on the nutrients but there taking it great. I hope this isn't a fluke. I might have just got lucky and their all heavy feeders.

Amazing work man. If I can have a fraction of the success you're having with this grow, if ve happy. I put on the scrog to avoid plants growing into the light. I use HID like you. How do you avoid heat damage? And what would you expect to harvest from one of those beauties?

Amazing work man. If I can have a fraction of the success you're having with this grow, if ve happy. I put on the scrog to avoid plants growing into the light. I use HID like you. How do you avoid heat damage? And what would you expect to harvest from one of those beauties?

I run HPS and LED. For the HPS I found it best to keep an oscillating fan blowing across the top of the canopy beteeen the light and the top Budsites. This helps keep it cool and creates a great airflow around your colas!

I run HPS and LED. For the HPS I found it best to keep an oscillating fan blowing across the top of the canopy beteeen the light and the top Budsites. This helps keep it cool and creates a great airflow around your colas!
Oh ok. I have fans blowing across the top of the scrog and two below to keep things moving. So far so good, I think.

Thank you. Like Dutchman said fan blowing between the lights and canopy helps a lot. I also keep my light between 16 & 18 inches off the canopy and use a 440 CFM exhaust fan. I grow in the basement with ambient temperature around 68 degrees F. My temps range from 66 to 84 F in the tent. I usually average 4 ounces per plant dried and trimmed. This grow might produce more.

Back
Top Bottom