The Absolutely Incredible And Bulky RDWC 750w LED Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk: 2019 Indoor Feminised

@NaturalSpirit

Your willow plant efforts and thread definitely has been my motivation to look at grafting in a serious way, and so all kudos and credit to you! My reasoning is plant count limitations and my fear of sacrificing good genetics that don’t really come around more than once. I mentioned in your thread I was thinking about starting something, and today I finalized what that something was - a frankenmom graft plant using cannabis as the base. Just got pretty barbaric with one of my incredible bulk clones I was about to throw into flower... but sometimes you gotta sacrifice one for the gain of many.

Stripped the plant down to only the branches I felt would be viable candidates to graft onto only leaving 1-2 nodes. From there I supercropped each in an effort to strengthen. Long term thought is graft above the Supercropped knuckle, when I’ll actually try a graft, yet tbd.

@NaturalSpirit

Your willow plant efforts and thread definitely has been my motivation to look at grafting in a serious way, and so all kudos and credit to you! My reasoning is plant count limitations and my fear of sacrificing good genetics that don’t really come around more than once. I mentioned in your thread I was thinking about starting something, and today I finalized what that something was - a frankenmom graft plant using cannabis as the base. Just got pretty barbaric with one of my incredible bulk clones I was about to throw into flower... but sometimes you gotta sacrifice one for the gain of many.

Stripped the plant down to only the branches I felt would be viable candidates to graft onto only leaving 1-2 nodes. From there I supercropped each in an effort to strengthen. Long term thought is graft above the Supercropped knuckle, when I’ll actually try a graft, yet tbd.

I am honored that I get to you with my weird brain Rattle :Namaste:

I’m not known with the rootbase of the strain but She looks prepared :woohoo:

Grafting above the knuckle is a smart idea just make Sure Its really healed Up before grafting. Do you have a technique in mind? If you have any questions or doubts... just let me know:slide:

Ofcourse i’ll be checking in every now and then to see How This gorgeous franken lady is doing.

Have a wonderfull weekend buddy:snowboating:

Day 46 Flower

Did my late flowering defole today, clearing quite a few fans across the plant. Seems like this plant will go at least 8 weeks, probably 60 days. I really underestimated the amount of weed this one plant has, didn’t notice all the bud sites until I was plucking leaves today...trimming is really going to suck.

Pulled off a small nug and the plant smells like pure fruit candy up close, pure skunk at distance. I can’t put my nose on what fruit, but I don’t get citrus like a lot of the strain reviews say - I get a strong berry candy.

Currently running at 1.0EC, will continue reducing this until I start flush. Probably going to start reducing light intensity and CO2 Sunday.

I'd say you got some weed there, Slick. Fucking grade A grow here man, and first time in RDWC. You're killing it, that's for sure.

You're the first to catch my eye on lowering EC before a flush. I'd like to read up on that, as I thought the current school of thought was to increase steadily over flower, then stop and flush. Would that present too big of a shock to the plant, so that's why you're decreasing before-hand?

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words and yours will be just as good or better! I’m actually pleasantly surprised too about results for first ever dwc - Pro’s have outweighed the cons, but the floods were a major pain in the ass!

For me this approach is about giving the plant a break and encouraging ripening and that deep green darkening color. She’s worked pretty hard up until this point, and if that were me I’d sure like to chill out the last couple of weeks of my life. I promote that by reducing everything - lessen feed strength, reduce light intensity (which also drops temps), shorten the lights on duration, and drop CO2 down or even off.

For people doing commercial grows, may not make sense as they want to blast super hard with PK, carbs and sugars for monster yields til the very end. For me, I have more than enough weed and at this point my only priority on this plant is ripening her up to get great flavors. I’ll lower soup to .3-.5EC on day 52 of just PK and then flush for ~4-5 days when things are looking close. Flush will be a combo of flawless finish/ h20, then drain/ refill with just h20, then flawless finish/h20 again, then just h20. Chop and hang whole plant.

You definitely don’t have to do this method to end up with good bud, just my personal preference.

Great explanation man thanks. That all makes sense for sure, and it sounds like you've got the process pretty well dialed in. I'm excited for your harvest! Keep up the great updates too, I'll be looking for some pointers and tips come chop and cure :p

Day 52 Flower

-Did I res change today/ reduced feed to .5EC.
-Turned off CO2.
-Light schedule changing to 10/14 tomorrow.

Everything’s looking good, starting to get purple hues across the flowers, but still some bud swelling that needs to happen.

Plants are looking amazing! That sample bud will be fun. I came so close to that a few days ago too, snapped a big ole stem but re-supported it and it's seemed ok. Maybe the stress will make the bud fatter, haha.

The grafting talk is interesting, I have 2 clones I took, one has crazy roots, the other just a tiny tap but is otherwise a way bigger and somehow way healthier looking plant. I wonder if i could graft them right at the base and up the stem a little, put a little rooting gel over both and bind tight then into a hydro bucket. Would that make some crazy super plant?

Plants are looking amazing! That sample bud will be fun. I came so close to that a few days ago too, snapped a big ole stem but re-supported it and it's seemed ok. Maybe the stress will make the bud fatter, haha.

The grafting talk is interesting, I have 2 clones I took, one has crazy roots, the other just a tiny tap but is otherwise a way bigger and somehow way healthier looking plant. I wonder if i could graft them right at the base and up the stem a little, put a little rooting gel over both and bind tight then into a hydro bucket. Would that make some crazy super plant?
I’ve heard people talk about doing exactly what you’re thinking. Basically you just get the two plants close enough to shave the main stem on both plants and then secure them together. Once the two stalks are grafted/ fused together, you cut the rootstock/ main stem you don’t want right below the graft site. You should give it a shot, just make sure you have another rooted clone should something go wrong and they die.

I do, I got one going for real, I was tempted to just toss the other two but that seems so wasteful after they've survived in a cup of tap water for a few weeks. This could be a good reason to deal with extra water and effort to see if it takes. Why not, it's a crappy weather sunday, I might as well try. We'll see how it goes!

I do, I got one going for real, I was tempted to just toss the other two but that seems so wasteful after they've survived in a cup of tap water for a few weeks. This could be a good reason to deal with extra water and effort to see if it takes. Why not, it's a crappy weather sunday, I might as well try. We'll see how it goes!
Lemme know how it goes, not sure if you’re going to use grafting tape or something like plastic wrap, but if you have an extra rock wool cube I’ve read ppl recommend putting that around the wrapped up graft site to keep it moist.

That's funny, I had that same idea and had just cut one open to do just that. Have the hydroton soaking right now and then going to graft it in like 30 min.

Back
Top Bottom