Second Grow - Soil - LED - Skywalker Kush - Incredible Bulk - Dutch Delight

Looking forward to seeing how those NoG nutes go. I've been tempted a lot, but I am acreature of habit lol

I'm gonna pull up a chair if you don't mind. Love following a fellow Oregonian!

Welcome back, Blazin! Nice to have you here for round two!! Lol - I'm curious how they are as well so let's see what happens!

Germination Update:

We're off to a decent start! Both of the Skywalker's have popped above soil and the Dutch Delight as well! I did a little digging to check in on the Big Bud....not a tap root in sight or any sign of the little bean starting to crack. I've decided to remove it from the soil and eat it in spite. The Big Bud has been removed from this grow. Thoughts are that it's better to end it sooner than chasing false hopes and getting further behind. The bean originally was questionable; method of germination was standardized and bean was non responsive. I gave it extra love and created an extra moisture dome but still no response.

SK_BB_DD_Germ.png

SOOOOO. It's done.

SK_DD_Germ.png

As for the other three...

Skywalker Kush:
SK_Germ_1.png

SK_Germ_2.png

Dutch Delight:
DD_Germ.png

The Big Bud is going to be replaced by...

• Incredible Bulk by Dr. Krippling (One feminized seed)

Incredible Bulk - A good replacement for Big Bud because it is a cross of Big Bud x Super Skunk x Green Spirit. Ideally, this should be grown in a hydro set up because it has the potential to get stacked huge. Its also nice to be replacing the Big Bud with another Indica variety. I'm hoping the Super Skunk will really come through and produce some nice skunky aromas.

The seed has begun the germination process today so it will be a few days behind the others. Hoping for the best and this one is a strong one. It was a healthy sized seed and this strain is known to have strong genetics currently; still a little disappointed I wasn't able to pull off the Big Bud but will keep my eye out for it in the future.

Definitely wanna see how your soil goes. Last grow was good, but you know some soils can have hot batches sometimes. On the fence between soil and coco, so I wanna see how this soil does for you.

Just in time for the show.
Welcome, SwAggNiGiCeNt! :popcorn:

Definitely wanna see how your soil goes. Last grow was good, but you know some soils can have hot batches sometimes. On the fence between soil and coco, so I wanna see how this soil does for you.

For sure! This batch was soaked full of water when I got it because the shop let the pallet sit outside while it was pouring rain. I cut it completely open and it seems good so far - no signs of larvae or gnats. Generally, I'm a fan of Roots and their Formula 707 - it's one of the best premixed local soils we can get.

How does a weed sprout taste?

Mofo got me curious

Welcome, SwAggNiGiCeNt! :popcorn:

For sure! This batch was soaked full of water when I got it because the shop let the pallet sit outside while it was pouring rain. I cut it completely open and it seems good so far - no signs of larvae or gnats. Generally, I'm a fan of Roots and their Formula 707 - it's one of the best premixed local soils we can get.
I love roots organic line.
I mix Green Lite with FFOF
Shits fire!!

I love roots organic line.
I mix Green Lite with FFOF
Shits fire!!

Nice!! I love em too. I wanted to start this one in some Micro-Greens but I didn't get a hold of any. I went to a couple local shops but they were out.

Lol I wonder what the nutritional value of hemp sprouts would be? I'd love to try em on a sammich mmm

Subbed incredible bulk was one of my first indoor plants I grew her in DWC, I cloned her 5 or 6 times before I just flowered mother but she's gonna be ordered again soon def great strain instead of those I went with super bud it's germ currently and lemon kush headband and Desert deisel

Germination Update:

Wellllllll, good news! The Incredible Bulk sprouted today and has been placed into soil with the other three! This is going to be a super short update but just wanted to share some good news! Looking forward to the early stages of these and cheering for them all. One of the Skywalker's is clearly the fastest grower in the early stage but the Dutch Delight looks very healthy and stacking girth to her stalk!!

:ganjamon:

Subbed incredible bulk was one of my first indoor plants I grew her in DWC, I cloned her 5 or 6 times before I just flowered mother but she's gonna be ordered again soon def great strain instead of those I went with super bud it's germ currently and lemon kush headband and Desert deisel

Nice! Welcome, bignugz! Pleasure to meet ya. Awesome - glad to hear you enjoyed the Incredible Bulk. I hope to take a clone or two off of this one if she turns out to be a good strong pheno. I really wanted my buddy to do a single plant grow in his tent with this bean but my Big Bud didn't pop so I had to use my back up. You've got some solid choices - that LKH can be proper. :Namaste:

Seedling Update:

Skywalker Kush - Both are going strong! #1 is the best looking little seedling out of all four plants at this time. Looking forward to them - they are running right out the gate!

Incredible Bulk - She's popped above soil and wiping the cold out of her eyes! Looking to see who's waking her up and why?! Just a little sprout but on her way! You might have to squint to see her but she's there! I confidently call her a her because she is a feminized seed. I know there is the possibility of her actually being male or hermin but whateva!

Dutch Delight - Already leaning from the weight of her leaves. She's looking good in the back and is in a steady second place for overall size and health. Her first set of leaves are curling under but stretching out her top leaves.

Seedling_all.png

Testing soil's pH and PPM reaction to water:

I wanted to share with you how I test the soil before transplanting to a larger container. This is done to further understand how the medium is responding to the water before larger amounts of nutrients are introduced.

First, put about 2-3 ounces of soil in a plastic cup…

dry.png

Then measure about 3-5 ounces of water...

dry_with_water.png

Next, test the pH and PPM levels… For this test; the first readings were a pH level of 7.5 and 110 PPMs.

dry_and_water_being_tested.png

After measuring the pH and PPM levels – I mix the water with the soil and ensure the soil is fully engulfed. The mixture will sit for about 10 minutes while the water saturates the soil.

soil_and_water_mixed.png

Next, I measure the pH and PPM levels once more…

slurry_test.png

The first testing of the soil produced results that are satisfying and I'm looking forward to see how the girls respond to this line of nutrients; as it performs optimally in the pH range of 6.3 – 6.8 and the PPMs are between 300-500. The mixture produced results of a pH level of 6.5 and 443 +/- PPMs; meeting the optimal range.

:Namaste:

Environment Update:

The 4' x 4' grow tent is staying around 74 degrees F and 50-60% RH. There is a small fan running for circulation and fresh air is being vented in. The lights are on a 16/8 schedule currently and everything is going smoothly so far. Fingers are crossed and hoping to limit concerns as much as possible. I've been reading a lot on the forums lately and having fun with it. That's all for now - time to enjoy some CheeseDawg and relax.

Back
Top Bottom