Killian's FFOF Soil Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Chunk & Dutch Delight Grow Journal 2018

After getting home from work and asking my wife what size the plastic spoon is, it's a tablespoon. Lol. I'm terrible at remembering sizes. I had it hanging on the wall in my old flower room. I'm between places at the moment. Thinking about getting a 4x4 tent for my new place. I'm going to miss my flower room in my basement at the old house

Lol my wife got tired of me taking her measuring spoons so she bought two new sets one for her and one for me. I have my tents in the basement also the only bummer is hauling all the water downstairs. Running a flower and veg tent makes it an everyday thing.

Last night I flushed the big girls. What a pain hauling thirty two one gallon jugs of water downstairs. Trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few ambers. They will only get ph,d water this week and will get harvested next weekend. The little girls have all been up potted to their final home 5 gallon pots. I ended up culling one of the Dutch Delight clones. One more will be culled prior to flowering. I only run four girls in my 4x4 tent for flowering. I harvested two small buds to sample next weekend when we trim. That's it for updates. Here are some pictures from last night and today.
KIMG2396.JPG
KIMG2376.JPG
KIMG2380.JPG
KIMG2383.JPG
KIMG2385.JPG
KIMG2386.JPG
KIMG2393.JPG
KIMG2391.JPG
KIMG2400.JPG
KIMG2401.JPG
Its going to be a great Christmas. Can't wait until next weekend.

Congratulations! Looks like fun times ahead! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thank you. Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you as well.

Today I fed my two clones Dutch Delight and Dream Machine. I fed them week 4 nutrients at 100% with one tsp. of cal mag. This was ph,d to 6.4. The ppm going in was 1800. My tap water measures around 320 ppm. The 1800 ppm included the tap water. The ph going out measured 5.74 for the dream Machine and 5.7 for the dutch delight. The ppms were off the chart which means above 2000. I'm not to worried about that because this was the first feeding they had since I transplanted them.
With the ph going down to 5.7 does this mean my ph drifts down and I should be feeding closer to the 6.8? Any help with this would be appreciated. I did some more LST on all the plants today including the seedlings. The big girls in the flower tent are bulking up and smells awesome. Here are some pics of the veg plants today. Thank you for following along.
KIMG2402.JPG KIMG2404.JPG
KIMG2407.JPGKIMG2406.JPG
KIMG2409.JPGKIMG2408.JPGKIMG2411.JPGKIMG2410.JPGKIMG2413.JPGKIMG2412.JPG

Here is an example of where runoff pH can confuse the entire thing. Runoff pH tends to go lower after organics in the soil, mainly peat, start to break down. Peat is very acidic, and a little bit of this debris breaking loose and flowing into the runoff can really dive that reading down, when it has nothing to do with the actual base pH of the soil and where the drift goes to. The only way to figure out that base pH is to do a slurry test.

and then there is the compulsion of folks to try to adjust up to compensate... Here is why that doesnt work:

If you water at 6.8, then the pH of that entire container, for the duration of the time that water is in there, is 6.8. When you fill up the soil with water, most of the weight there is water... pH adjusted water. The soil has no choice but to assume the pH that you set to. If you set to 6.8... none of your nutes that are active on the low end will even be seen.
Always always always... adjust your pH to 6.3 or near the lower end of the range. Let the soil drift. At least when you water, you know it is correct.

Here they are all in the tent.
KIMG2415.JPG
Here is an example of where runoff pH can confuse the entire thing. Runoff pH tends to go lower after organics in the soil, mainly peat, start to break down. Peat is very acidic, and a little bit of this debris breaking loose and flowing into the runoff can really dive that reading down, when it has nothing to do with the actual base pH of the soil and where the drift goes to. The only way to figure out that base pH is to do a slurry test.
Thank you I was having a hard time trying to
understand that. Now it makes since why checking the ph runoff is useless. Just before you answered this I posted the question in the frequently asked questions section. I should have waited a while.

and then there is the compulsion of folks to try to adjust up to compensate... Here is why that doesnt work:

If you water at 6.8, then the pH of that entire container, for the duration of the time that water is in there, is 6.8. When you fill up the soil with water, most of the weight there is water... pH adjusted water. The soil has no choice but to assume the pH that you set to. If you set to 6.8... none of your nutes that are active on the low end will even be seen.
Always always always... adjust your pH to 6.3 or near the lower end of the range. Let the soil drift. At least when you water, you know it is correct.
Probably why I was having the cal mag deficiency. Thanks. I will start on the low end from now on.

Hey Killian I’m all caught up and man then flowering girls look great! Some. I’ve bit chunky colas on them should be a super harvest!

How do you like the vipar450s? I’ve got 2 of them as well and so far the flowering girls and my vegging babies LOVE it haha!

Your training so far looks good with the little ones should produce some great end results.

Glad to be able to tag along here I’ll grab the dab rig and head over here to the couch!
Stay medicated my man!:passitleft:

Hey Killian I’m all caught up and man then flowering girls look great! Some. I’ve bit chunky colas on them should be a super harvest!

How do you like the vipar450s? I’ve got 2 of them as well and so far the flowering girls and my vegging babies LOVE it haha!

Your training so far looks good with the little ones should produce some great end results.

Glad to be able to tag along here I’ll grab the dab rig and head over here to the couch!
Stay medicated my man!:passitleft:
Thank you. I appreciate you stopping by Dutchman. I like the 450's for vegging but I haven't tried them for flowering. So you say you are happy with them for flowering. I didn't know if they would put off enough light for flowering. I might have to flower a couple girls in there and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom