Killian's FFOF Soil Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Chunk & Dutch Delight Grow Journal 2018

in the cntrl-p or insert image button on the top edit bar of the editor... once you upload a file from your computer you are offered an option to insert it full sized or as a thumbnail
I've been adding to the gallery and clicking on the camera icon. Then choosing them from the gallery. For some reason I thought you wasn't allowed to upload pictures from your phone. The camera icon doesn't have an option for a thumbnail . I have it figured out now. Thank you.

Checking out the thumbnail. This will save a lot of time and space. KIMG2300.JPG
Yeah it works.

Clones liked there full dose of nutrients. I did a little pruning and training on the seedlings this morning. I like to wait until they have 5 nodes then top them back to three nodes. When they bounce back KIMG2320.JPGKIMG2320.JPGfrom that I cut the bottom node off and tie down the top to let the bottom growth catch up. From there its all about keeping them spread out and the canopy open. I also topped the main stems on the Dream Machine clone.
KIMG2320.JPG
Vanilla Kush prior to pruning.
KIMG2321.JPG
Vanilla Kush after pruning and training.
KIMG2323.JPG.
Top of vanilla Kush after pruning and training.
KIMG2325.JPG.
This is Dream Machine. Topped the main branch on both ends.
KIMG2327.JPG
This mornings picture after pruning and training the little girls.

Up potted two clones the last one will be culled after I get some cuttings off of her. The seed babies was given their first dose of week 4 nutrients at 100% strength. I will keep a close eye on them for the next couple of days to see how they handle it. The big girls are cruising to the finish. They just started week 9 of flower. They are getting close but still need another week or two.
KIMG2331.JPG
KIMG2333.JPG. KIMG2332.JPG.
KIMG2334.JPG KIMG2335.JPG. KIMG2336.JPG.
KIMG2337.JPG.

KIMG2339.JPG

Checked on the plants tonight. They all look happy after their full strength feeding. I spread the top of the vannila kush and pineapple chunk tonight. I also topped the main two stems of Dutch Delight tonight. The girls flowering are bulking up and the tent smells awesome.

KIMG2343.JPGKIMG2345.JPG

Emilya, does the pH in the dirt drift both up and down. I believe you stated that you pH on the low end and let it drift to absorb different nutrients. That makes it sound to me like maybe the pH only drifts up?

Done a lot of research on ph drift today. Overwhelmed with information. I read where just about anything will cause your ph to drift up and down. Way over my head. I also done some research on the ffof soil I use and it is buffered to 6.3 to 6.8 so my thinking is to ph to 6.5 watch the plants and if they start showing a calmag deficiency then flush and adjust the ph accordingly. Or start feeding more cal mag. If I can figure out what's causing the calmag deficiency I'll be much happier. Seems like that's the only real problem I seem to notice. Usually only happens in the 2nd or 3rd week of flowering and only to certain strains. Hopefully I can figure this out with some help this grow. I took some pictures of the big girls tonight after I fed them. They are in the middle of their 9th week. The trichromes are mostly cloudy with a few ambers. This will be their last feeding. I will flush them this weekend and harvest them the following weekend.
KIMG2354.JPGKIMG2355.JPG
KIMG2360.JPGKIMG2363.JPG
KIMG2365.JPGKIMG2368.JPG
KIMG2369.JPGKIMG2371.JPG
KIMG2372.JPG

They might just need more calmag. I've noticed some strains are calmag hogs. Like a GG 4 I had for couple of years. It needed way more than all others I had going along with it. I typically use ffof soil too
Thank you. I appreciate the input.

They might just need more calmag. I've noticed some strains are calmag hogs. Like a GG 4 I had for couple of years. It needed way more than all others I had going along with it. I typically use ffof soil too
When you say they are calmag hogs how much cal mag are you having to use on them.

I have to correct myself. It's tablespoon. I borrowed from my wife's measuring set. Lol. Your girls are lovely BTW. I've heard good things about liberty haze. Is this your first run of it
When I first started seeing the calmag deficiency I started giving them 1 tsp. Per gallon with their feeding and they didn't seem to improve so a tbs is probably more like it. This time around I'm giving the a tsp per gallon when I feed them to hopefully prevent it.
Yes this is the first time I ran liberty haze. It smells very fruity and has mostly sativa genetics.. Unfortunately I was unable to clone this one.

Back
Top Bottom