Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" Fan

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

That's what I'm thinking but if I start to see amber trichs before that I will flush earlier unless someone in the know has some better advice. Thanks Levi.

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

Your welcome man if I run across good info on flushing I'll share it with you.

When I used ffof I started flushing on day 42. Works best to start early with that soil.

CannaBomb62000000

Thanks Cannabomb. Are you saying that in your experience they mature faster in ffof?

That soil is just hot

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Thanks, I was wondering if that was it but I thought the reason for flushing was to get rid of all the non organic nutrients. Sounds like I might need to start flushing a little earlier than I thought.

Thanks, I was wondering if that was it but I thought the reason for flushing was to get rid of all the non organic nutrients. Sounds like I might need to start flushing a little earlier than I thought.
I dont think you should flush earlier... Imo i flush for about the last week for 2 usually ive pushed em an extra week just to do this..

I feel that itd be better to give them the nutes as they need them then flush it after the buds are developed and ripening.

The way the guy at the hydro shop explained it was

The plants use different nutes at different times in the grow.
So makin sure you have enough nutes when the plant needs them is just as important as which nutes you give them.

For instance nitrogen in the flowering cycle. Usually by the time flowering is started we back off on nitrogen because it no longer needs as much
And start giving increased amounts of nPK.

this is why i let the plant flower for the entire time the breeder suggests add a week or 2 to their estimate and use it to flush.

This way i know the plant has "finished" it's flowering cycle and used up any nutients left over.
At tht point im just checking for my desired results

Just my .02

Plants looking good by the way i told you theyd bulk up!

I dont think you should flush earlier... Imo i flush for about the last week for 2 usually ive pushed em an extra week just to do this..

I feel that itd be better to give them the nutes as they need them then flush it after the buds are developed and ripening.

The way the guy at the hydro shop explained it was

The plants use different nutes at different times in the grow.
So makin sure you have enough nutes when the plant needs them is just as important as which nutes you give them.

For instance nitrogen in the flowering cycle. Usually by the time flowering is started we back off on nitrogen because it no longer needs as much
And start giving increased amounts of nPK.

this is why i let the plant flower for the entire time the breeder suggests add a week or 2 to their estimate and use it to flush.

This way i know the plant has "finished" it's flowering cycle and used up any nutients left over.
At tht point im just checking for my desired results

Just my .02

Plants looking good by the way i told you theyd bulk up!

Thanks lootznbootz. I did quite a bit of research last night and came to the same conclusion about the importance of the nutrients in the last stage of flowering. I want to learn how to read the trichomes so I can dial it in and finish the buds to achieve the high I'm after which for me is about 30% amber trichomes. What I can't find is what the time frame is between first seeing amber trichomes to having 30% amber trichomes. If it was 2 weeks i would have it made. Then i would feed nutrients until I start seeing amber and then flush. Which is probably what I will end up doing. It will be interesting to see how that coincides with the breeders estimated finishing time. Thanks for your input and sharing your experience I appreciate it Lootznbootz.

That's the way I took it. And I appreciate everyone's input. I try and gather as much information as I can including the forums and lots of research on the internet then I make a decision that I think will be best for reaching my goal. As far as ffof I'm not loyal to any brands I just needed a place to start. Although this site has the most negative comments of the soil by far. Lol. It sounds like Ford vs Chevy scenario. I don't take anything personal. Difference of opinion is what makes this site interesting.

Flushing is helping your bud mature and get ready to harvest. They swell up and use up the nutes it has stored away. You want the leaves to yellow and change color. You also get a lot cleaner tastier smoke that will burn nice white ash.

CannaBomb62000000

With that soil you want to flush early because it is hot it has a shit load of nutrients in that

I've read a lot about flushing at the end of flowering, and I'm wondering if the practice is as necessary in a totally organic system vs. a hydro system.

I understand the custom of flushing out the chemicals of a hydro grow to improve taste, but a grow done in organic soil with organic nutes? Other than perhaps saving some pennies on nutes, what is the virtue of starving a soil based, organic system just before harvest as if it were a hydro-chemical grow?

I've read a lot about flushing at the end of flowering, and I'm wondering if the practice is as necessary in a totally organic system vs. a hydro system.

I understand the custom of flushing out the chemicals of a hydro grow to improve taste, but a grow done in organic soil with organic nutes? Other than perhaps saving some pennies on nutes, what is the virtue of starving a soil based, organic system just before harvest as if it were a hydro-chemical grow?
My understanding and the reason i flush is because...

the plant stores nutrients
you flush so that the plant stops taking in more and uses what it has left.

Resulting in a smoother smoke

Not sure if its true but i havent had any negative results flushing
after dry and cure my buds arent painful to smoke so i stick with it

Everything I have researched states that flushing purges the chemical based nutrients from your soil. If your grow is truly organic than flushing probably isn't necessary. The fox farms nutrients I'm using are not 100% organic so I definitely will flush mine. The only thing I'm up in the air about is flushing them with 3X the amount of water as your pot size. That would be 15 gallons. I don't know why this is necessary if your going to be giving them nothing but pH,d water and molasses for 2 weeks.Wouldn't flushing them until you got good run off be enough or does it really need that much to purge all the nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom