Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" Fan

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

You know what I was talking figure s'ing,, is kind of the same as lootz. Cept in figure s'ing you tie close to the top of the bud, or as close as comfortable without it breaking, and back to the same stem the bud comes from. A upside down J, then as she grows back to the light,, she becomes a S.. If you can visualize that. I have a great pic on my gallery,,, but I gave looking for it. Sometime in the last 5 years I'd guess... One more drink,, one more look. Oh well I have to many damn pics but here's what I do for the main colas. I have no idea how good from the thumbnail photos but you'll get the idea.
slh124.jpg

Keepem Green

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

Thanks for the picture Wood. I have my 600 watt light about 6" from the tallest colas but my tents running cool and I have a fan blowing between the light and the fans. I want to get the light as close as possible so the middle of the plants gets decent light as well. Do you think that is to close? I haven't noticed any burning of the leafs or buds. I can probably get another 3" or 4" out of my light if I need to.

Great question. I have no idea. I will put my thermometer in there and find out. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have just been using the top of my hand.

Just checked it and it was 81 degrees under the hottest area right in the middle of the light. I will leave my thermometer there from now on. Lol.

Keep me posted on that I'm curious if that will hold or vjery at all

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It will definitely vary. Right now we are having cold weather and my tent is in the basement which I only have a small space heater in so it stays in the 68-70 degree range. For now they are happy but I will be keeping a close eye on them.

Drive by. Here's what I use to support mine;
w84.jpg

GL and Keepem Green

Thank you Wood. I ordered mine on amazon and should be here in the next couple of days. I hope I need it my buds don't appear to be putting on weight very fast. Its possible I went overboard on defoilating.

Thank you Wood. I ordered mine on amazon and should be here in the next couple of days. I hope I need it my buds don't appear to be putting on weight very fast. Its possible I went overboard on defoilating.
How far are you in flower again?
Could be... i did that my first grow...

Are your buds ripening?
Hairs turning orange?
Trichs going from clear to cloudy?
Any amber?

If their not then you may still have time for them to swell...

How far are you in flower again?
Could be... i did that my first grow...

Are your buds ripening?
Hairs turning orange?
Trichs going from clear to cloudy?
Any amber?

If their not then you may still have time for them to swell...

I have noticed some pistils changing to a orange color. Is this a bad thing? I'm only 31 days in from switching to 12/12 and the flowering time is supposed to from 8 to 10 weeks for all of the strains I have going.

I have noticed some pistils changing to a orange color. Is this a bad thing? I'm only 31 days in from switching to 12/12 and the flowering time is supposed to from 8 to 10 weeks for all of the strains I have going.
No its not a bad thing at all
When they start changing noticeably quicker you know your harvest window is approaching.

Mind you this is not the best way to determine this. This gives you an idea...

The best way is to get a jewelers loupe and chech the trichomes

But on an 8 to 10 week strain at week 4 your good no worries at all.

I cant wait for that post when you go to your tent and your jaw drops...
It almost seems like it comes overnight

No its not a bad thing at all
When they start changing noticeably quicker you know your harvest window is approaching.

Mind you this is not the best way to determine this. This gives you an idea...

The best way is to get a jewelers loupe and chech the trichomes
But on an 8 to 10 week strain at week 4 your good no worries at all.

I cant wait for that post when you go to your tent and your jaw drops...
It almost seems like it comes overnight

That's a relief. I do have a loupe coming with my latest order from Amazon. My son came home this weekend and told me he thought I ought to leave them alone but I decided to defoilate anyway and get some more light in the canopy. Right after I done it I started second guessing myself. I told him I'll either be a hero or a zero. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks for your input.

That moment your too proud to take advice from your son lol

Like "ah what do you know.. Ive been caring for these from seeds!"

Mine are young but i dread the day my son comes telling me about my garden when i have at least 20 more years of experience growing then hed have at the time lol

That moment your too proud to take advice from your son lol

Like "ah what do you know.. Ive been caring for these from seeds!"

Mine are young but i dread the day my son comes telling me about my garden when i have at least 20 more years of experience growing then hed have at the time lol

LOL. Neither of us have experience growing but I'm googling how its the only way to achieve massive yields and he's googling how the leaves are needed to power the buds. I just don't want to here I told you so or dads not going to be sharing. LOL.

I don't do alot of defoliating. I lolly-pop all the bottom leafage that isn't going to be a hill of beans anyways. And I like to stand above my plant and look down and see what inside fan leaves are just covering buddage and cutting off air circulation. Afew grows and you'll know what buds are a waste of time and energy. Whosoever in your circle say more leaf the better???????? I agree. Plants work all day doing their thing,,, photosynthesis, in which they make sugars for a plant to grow... And at night,,, plants grow........... I have a tendency to leave lights on 24/7 in my veg tent because it's cold out there in the office... But reality check,, plants need that dark to grow to optimum. Indoors is abit trickery.... You only have overhead lighting. Where as outdoors your light moves lighting all the branches. So indoors,,, put yourself in a plants light,,,, straight down. After afew grows you'll understand. I have seen alot of people do massive defoliation and if you plan on vegging acouple weeks longer,,, they will bush greatly. My thinking??????? ALOT of square inches in a major fan leaf,,, makes them the biggest sugar producers. You trying to turn a plant up,,, tuck them fan leaffs outta the for a minute or two... You can always take them in a week or two. Sunlight,,, on leaf surface = growth and flowers.... A bald plant dies................... Thats kind of a hint isn't it? Keepem Green

Hey just a fast read,,,,,
Leaf - Wikipedia

And you'll understand.... Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom