Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" Fan

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

I don't do alot of defoliating. I lolly-pop all the bottom leafage that isn't going to be a hill of beans anyways. And I like to stand above my plant and look down and see what inside fan leaves are just covering buddage and cutting off air circulation. Afew grows and you'll know what buds are a waste of time and energy. Whosoever in your circle say more leaf the better???????? I agree. Plants work all day doing their thing,,, photosynthesis, in which they make sugars for a plant to grow... And at night,,, plants grow........... I have a tendency to leave lights on 24/7 in my veg tent because it's cold out there in the office... But reality check,, plants need that dark to grow to optimum. Indoors is abit trickery.... You only have overhead lighting. Where as outdoors your light moves lighting all the branches. So indoors,,, put yourself in a plants light,,,, straight down. After afew grows you'll understand. I have seen alot of people do massive defoliation and if you plan on vegging acouple weeks longer,,, they will bush greatly. My thinking??????? ALOT of square inches in a major fan leaf,,, makes them the biggest sugar producers. You trying to turn a plant up,,, tuck them fan leaffs outta the for a minute or two... You can always take them in a week or two. Sunlight,,, on leaf surface = growth and flowers.... A bald plant dies................... Thats kind of a hint isn't it? Keepem Green
I will chalk this one up to a learning experience. There is so much controversial information out there its difficult to know which approach to use. I value your experience and wish I would have asked you first. I will post some pictures later to show the damage. Hopefully I will still get a modest yield. I noticed since I defoilared they are taking a lot less water and quite a few pistols are turning color. I do have to ask you though what your thought are in washing the buds at harvest. Thanks for your advice Wood. Much appreciated.

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

I don't think the defoliating is as bad as I thought it was. All the plants needed a good drink tonight. Critical was real droopy but bounced back shortly after watering. The pots weigh a little more than they used to. LOL I'm used to waiting until they feel very light and cut it close with Critical. The plants are starting to really get strong smelling. Hopefully the heavy defoliating I done after the stretch wont be to detrimental to the harvest. Attached is todays pics.
Bubble Gum #1 & #2
KIMG0770.JPG

Critical
KIMG0749.JPG

Northern Lights
KIMG0742.JPG

Another view of Critical
KIMG0764.JPG

All of them packed in the tent.
KIMG0739.JPG

Northern Lights bud with the pistils changing color
KIMG0767.JPG

Critical bud with the pistils changing color
KIMG0766.JPG

Bubble Gum bud
KIMG0755.JPG

Critical bud.
KIMG0751.JPG
These pictures were taken before watering this evening. Today is the 32nd day from switching to 12/12

Omfg!! Yo your plants are beautiful bro.....im really wowed straight up fam!!

LOUD ONLY

Hey killian i seen you post in another thread about your carbon filter...

How long have you been using it?
Does your tent have negative pressure?

I feel like you shouldnt be smelling it until the tent is opened.
Especially with a newer filter.
Is your filter hooked directly to your fan?
I worry there might be a leak somewhere letting air out that isnt being scrubbed..

Hey killian i seen you post in another thread about your carbon filter...

How long have you been using it?
Does your tent have negative pressure?

I feel like you shouldnt be smelling it until the tent is opened.
Especially with a newer filter.
Is your filter hooked directly to your fan?
I worry there might be a leak somewhere letting air out that isnt being scrubbed..

Its been running 24/7 since the start of my grow. I have lots of negative pressure it sucks my tent in pretty good. Its possible I'm getting a leak in my light hood. The seal isn't the greatest. I will take a closer look this weekend. I don't know how much life you get out of the carbon scrubber. I definitely didn't need it during veg. Next one I'll be more conservative with. It could be some residual smell from taking my plants out and working them every day. They sure smell strong in s good way but I don't want my neighbors wise to what I'm doing.

Yea i would check for a leak... because ive had mine for at least a year so i know its time to change it
but even still mine still works very well for being so old.

Id imagine tho just having it going leak or not your glad to have it especially in another week or two lol

I definitely will check it out. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have a cloth filter over my scrubber and im thinking about taking that off to see if it makes s difference. At least that way I can give it a good cleaning.

Your going to have a nice harvest man those girls are beautiful!

STFU on first grow lol. Great looking ladies you have there Killian (my favorite beer :love: ) . Went thru your Journal and what a journey bro. Had questions on post 31 and it was answered on post 40 lol. Your excitement and passion showed in your post and the pics show the reward. I am late to the party but the girls look super from the back row too.

Cheers to a great finish

STFU on first grow lol. Great looking ladies you have there Killian (my favorite beer :love: ) . Went thru your Journal and what a journey bro. Had questions on post 31 and it was answered on post 40 lol. Your excitement and passion showed in your post and the pics show the reward. I am late to the party but the girls look super from the back row too.

Cheers to a great finish
Thank you. One of my favorite beers too. I named my German Shepherd Killian. He is a pot farmer and doesn't even know it. Lol

Drive by.. Them puppies are looking good and starting to putting on some weight now,,, as you can tell, they drink alot more water. I've got mine in 5 gallon pots and they need water daily. Well half do, but I started them 2 weeks after the first half. Coming along pretty
Keepem Green

Drive by.. Them puppies are looking good and starting to putting on some weight now,,, as you can tell, they drink alot more water. I've got mine in 5 gallon pots and they need water daily. Well half do, but I started them 2 weeks after the first half. Coming along pretty
Keepem Green

Thanks Wood.

Yea i would check for a leak... because ive had mine for at least a year so i know its time to change it
but even still mine still works very well for being so old.

Id imagine tho just having it going leak or not your glad to have it especially in another week or two lol

I checked for leaks tonight. When I went down stairs there was no denying the strong aroma. I took all the plants out and checked everything out good and no leaks. I decided to pull my prefilter off my carbon scrubber and that's all it took. It just wasn't breathing enough. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction or I would have just bought a new one.

I checked for leaks tonight. When I went down stairs there was no denying the strong aroma. I took all the plants out and checked everything out good and no leaks. I decided to pull my prefilter off my carbon scrubber and that's all it took. It just wasn't breathing enough. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction or I would have just bought a new one.
That wouldve been my next suggestion.

One time i had mine up top in the corner and it was sucking the tent walls into it blocking off like half of it.

Same situation

Glad you figured it out tho and glad i could help brother!

Today I am starting into week 6 of flowering. It has been 36 days now. These strains are supposed to flower from 8 to 10 weeks so hopefully only three to five weeks left. Since I want to flush two weeks before harvest and then feed PH'd water and black strap molasses when should I flush them. I want about 30% amber trichomes when they are finished. There has been no more stretch in week five. The buds are now starting to fatten up and get frosty. Here is todays pictures.
Week_6_flower_3.JPG

Week_6_flower_4.JPG

Week_6_flower_6.JPG

Week_6_flower_8.JPG

Week_6_flower_9.JPG

Week_6_flower_5.JPG

Week_6_flower_2.JPG

Week_6_flower_7.JPG

Week_6_flower_11.JPG

12-14-17_trichomes2.JPG

12-14-17_trichomes1.JPG

Looking great! The tops of the bubble gum is awesome.

I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm probably going to flush at the start of week 8. Mine are a 8-9 week flower but I've read where most go a little longer than the seed bank time line.

Back
Top Bottom