Kickin' It New School: Tropic Lightning By Ocean Grown Seeds

Cannabomb62

Whats up guys, so i have been holding onto these ones for a little bit and decided today ill go ahead and pop some beans and start another journal. This one will take a little while since its going to be a bean run. They just got tossed into a shotglass of water about 30 mins ago. Ill check on them every 12 hours or so and check for taproots. These are from Ocean Grown Seeds and ive had solid luck with germinating thier gear, so im hoping these ones do ok and hope to have no duds. (Duds not dudes) should be a fun little run. Its only a six pack so im hoping to atleast get a few females.

Strain - x6 Tropic Lightning bred by Ocean Grown Seeds

Germination technique - shot glass then papertowls

Environment - they will go in my clone closet with my cloner under a SK MLH100 with a humidity dome. Ill try to keep humidity around 80% and temps will be at 74ish my room humidity stays at around 45 - 50% so the humidty dome should help bring it up a bit.

Early stage Nutrients - clonex clone solution and Cal-Mag PH'ed to 5.7

Medium - Pure Coco By ATAMI

Microbes - Mykos and Azos by Extreme Gardening

Once they show a good taproot ill transplant them directly into solo cups 1/4 inch full of coco. I dont like to fill the cups up all the way other wise the seedlings fall all over the place. So i add coco as the seedlings grow. Ensures the roots are deep. Sometimes if the seedling dont stretch all the way out of the cups ill just retransplant them so they are above the cups.
20201214_012632.jpg
20201214_013129.jpg

Alright guys well i think ima keep this one short for tonight. :surf: :peace:

Well damn dont get so excited lol (cricket sounds) anyways im back and finally all 6 of the Tropic Lightning seeds cracked open. So right now im going to be putting them in paper towls in a dark area with a heating mat set to 73° - 75° for another 12 hours or so. By then they should be pushing outa thier shells and gettin ready to go in thier solo cups. Lets hope these are strong and break the ground with no issues. (Fingers crossed) i will be sharing my whole technique on how i germinate seeds. Its pretty basic but really easy to mess up. So you just gotta be gentle.
20201216_080551.jpg
20201216_080605.jpg

20201216_081306.jpg

20201216_081630.jpg

20201216_081549.jpg

Temps are a little chilly but i just turned it on so it'll get up to temperature eventually.

Well thats it for this update.

Back in and i ment to post these this morning but totally got side tracked:roorrip: lol. But they just got thier transplant to thier cups and now i just wait.
20201217_094449.jpg

Got some nice taps roots startin out.
20201217_100130.jpg

Filled the cups 1/4 full, sprinkled mykos and azos
20201217_100318.jpg

I like to mix it in other wise it puts a wierd coat on the seed shells and they kinda start to have trouble shedding the shells.
20201217_101810.jpg

Just stick them bitches in there about a pinky nail deep. Ive noticed any deeper they start to struggle a little more.
20201217_102526.jpg

Heating mat set to 70° i left the dome up for a few hours to help dry out the coco a little. Now i just wait!

Well thats it for the update:ganjamon::peace:

Back for another little update. I waited a little bit before posting anymore. Its not that interesting when they are trying to pop outa the ground. All 6 are lookin pretty good looks like i got runt outa the pack but i always have faith in runts. Later on today ill be giving them thier first watering with floraflex. Pretty stoked to see some of these flower out. I wont be keeping males this time they will get the boot. Im hoping for atleast 2 girls outa these.

20201222_070815.jpg
20201222_070853.jpg

20201222_070902.jpg
(the runt):circle-of-love:

Whats up guys. Back for another update on the Tropic Lightning. We are day 10 today. They seem to be doing super good. They got thier first full feeding on floraflex and seem to love it. The runt is looking really good now. Still small but healthy. So let get into some pics.
20201225_082803.jpg

20201225_082810.jpg

20201225_082819.jpg

The runt of the crew
20201225_082823.jpg

Also going to add this fem Tropsanto to the grow. This one im actually pretty excided for. Ive smoked trop before and it was pretty nice stuff. Super stoked to grow this baby out.

Alright well ima call it for today. Feel free to drop in :ganjamon: :surf: :yummy:

Update

They have all been moved to the main veg tent under 330w of LED's i may have overestimate the stretch on theses ones. They didnt stretch out the cups like i wanted but thats ok ill let em dry out a little the retransplant them with more coco.

20201230_065513.jpg

The tropsanto in the back is catchin up pretty vigorous little seedling.
20201230_065506.jpg

One is peeking out of the cup so probably wont touch this one but some of the others stayed pretty short.

Alright up to date!

I like the idea of planting deeper in the solos! I just dropped a bean to add to a clone run and I am trying 1/3 of a solo cup of soil to start.

Everything is looking good!

I like the idea of planting deeper in the solos! I just dropped a bean to add to a clone run and I am trying 1/3 of a solo cup of soil to start.

Everything is looking good!
Thanks bro. Yea i like to use only a little bit of coco cuz i run alot of seeds and sometime run into really stretchy ones. I recomend it but thats just me. You could also just slam the light on em but i find the plants alot stronger when you do it this way.

Well shit sorry guys i totally forgot about this journal. Luckily they arnt in flower and are still in early veg. A week ago i started to mainline all the of them. I have found 2 males so far so hope these others show sex before they get too big lol. I like to train everything early even before they show sex. I have bo problem choppin up a big ass male lol. Sometime i keep them and make stuff when i have my breed tent hooked up. Anyways well here is what they look like so far.

20210201_070244.jpg

I have 2 of my own crosses on each end. The super fat leafed ones are Neon Fire bred by me.

20210201_070304.jpg

20210201_070332.jpg

Mainline. Now that tge bottoms cought up to the top i can tie them down too. Should give me a fat bush and thick stalks.
20210201_070312.jpg
coco lookin a little dry but they got fed after i snapped these photos. Well thats gonna be it for this one. Still chuggin along

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting in Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom