Diamond 100 Watt LED

nibec

so im looking for an LED light for my 1.5x3 (i only have 3 feet of height also)... and im looking on advancedledlights..

i see this

DS100 2.5ft x 3ft 2ft x 2.5ft (50) 3w High Output LEDs (single chip) 92w

it states the footprint is 2.5x3' and the core coverage is 2x2.5

but it doesnt state the acutal size of the light...

i currently run 300 watts of cfl in there, and would love to replace it with led.

the issue being, i dont know how big of a light i can fit, and 92w of acutal draw, seems like ill be downgrading on yeild..

i want to run a scrog, in there (like i already do.. pulling about 4 ounces currently) but i feel IF this light fits... 92w isnt nearly enough to get the same weight from my space...(or is it?)

im very temped to buy the ds300, but that means i would have to build a whole new enclosure, and use more plants.

anyone have any experience in micro scrogs with these lights?

love to hear it.

Re: diamond 100w LED

Thanks for the input I think I'll save for a ds300. Then build a new box. The cfls will have to do for now. I looked through a lot of journals, but people growing with LEDs don't seem to scrog much..

Anyone running a ds300 In a scrog reading this.. If you don't mind posting a link to a journal or some results you've got. Would be awesome.
I know watt for watt led blows cfl out of the water, but. I'm curious as to how much

I skipped all the banter so I hope I didn't miss anything important, after reading the important stuff.

IMO if you're getting 4 oz a plant right now with your cfl's...keep rocking that brother :thumb:

When/if you build a new space, go HID lighting. I'm not knocking LED's, but no one can argue yield is better with HID lights. Then there is the price issue, and quality issue...

Just my 2 cents!

I skipped all the banter so I hope I didn't miss anything important, after reading the important stuff.

IMO if you're getting 4 oz a plant right now with your cfl's...keep rocking that brother :thumb:

When/if you build a new space, go HID lighting. I'm not knocking LED's, but no one can argue yield is better with HID lights. Then there is the price issue, and quality issue...

Just my 2 cents!

i have gone HID, and would love to again.. however, i just dont have the space, and i want it 100% stealth right now. I dont like the idea of people knowing its there. MMJ card, or not.

once i have the space to do so, im 99% sure i will go back to HID, that is, unless there is a major breakthrough in LED, and they all of a sudden match or beat HPS.

till then, ill run cfl, and probably test an LED panel, hopefully ds300 if all goes well.

and its not 4oz a plant, with cfl that would take ages. lol. its 2 oz per plant, and even that takes some time (1.5 month veg)

I`m using an Advanced Diamond Series 300. Right now I have 7 plants under it. They are doing awesome!! Best looking plants i`ve grown. First indoor grow, but did 3 outdoor ones. Plants are 9 weeks old. All 12"- 14" tall. They haven`t shown sex yet. Oh yea they`re bushy as hell too.

I`m thinking about starting one. New to computers. Don`t want to screw up this site as i`ve learned too much on it by reading. Maybe this OLD dog can learn some new tricks.

The picture taking & posting them has me baffled. I`ve read about it on here but I guess i`m too thick headed to learn how.

Here's a grow 200 watt LED vs 250 watt HID, you may enjoy the conclusions.

Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

I don't think LED's have any "quality issues" as long as you go w/ name brands, not fleabay. They are def more stealth. They do cost more up front, but that is paid back over time in reduced cooling costs (fans and ductwork and electricity) and eliminated relamping cost. HID's are great if you are going big, but LED's rule for going small (and stealthy).

This will be 24/7 lights on until I decide to flip.

I'll check ph & ppm daily.

7-10 days after planting and every 7 days thereafter I will do full res change. only feeding and topping off in between unless there is a problem.

I may do a small amount of LST. But I expect to top/fim a fair bit as well.

Depending on how the germination and grow goes, and if the light coverage allows, I'll add a 3rd planter (5gal bucket) and plant two new seedlings at about week 4-5 for two mother plants to clone from.

I do not intend to change strains during the grow or mix strains.

I have cleaned the room the tent is in well led strip and sprayed Home Defense for critter prevention 5 times, including the hallway and adjacent room over the last two weeks. Flexible LED Strip Lights

If I've taken the proper notes Outdoor LED Lighting , and prepared well, this grow should go fairly smoothly. I'm bound to mess up at some point on feeding, ph, whatever. But hopefully we'll all be able to read the problem fast and y'all will get me back on track.

Hey Nibec are you have you done any journals on your CFL grows?

i have, just not here, im having my first battle in hydro, and after tweaking everything over the past month, have pretty much got the hang of it.

my girls were pretty stressed through the learning curve of switching from soil to hydro, and i'v battled root rot, and i lost one, but, the other is making a great recovery, and a couple days ago i took a couple clones off her, and am planning to mother one in dirt, and put the other in the spot my other plant was.

once they get big enough to touch my screen, ill probably start a grow log here.

Hello there, I'm interested in purchasing 2 DS100's or a single DS200 as well for my 2'x4'x5' tent.

I noticed that you mentioned that you only have 3' of headroom, while I've been researching these lights I've found that for the smaller units like the DS100-300, it is recommended that 20" above canopy is best. If you only have 3' in height, having the light 20" away from your canopy would only leave 16" not including the plants container. With your CFL's you keep them 1-4" away from canopy which gives you a lot more headroom in a small area like that.

Hello there, I'm interested in purchasing 2 DS100's or a single DS200 as well for my 2'x4'x5' tent.

I noticed that you mentioned that you only have 3' of headroom, while I've been researching these lights I've found that for the smaller units like the DS100-300, it is recommended that 20" above canopy is best. If you only have 3' in height, having the light 20" away from your canopy would only leave 16" not including the plants container. With your CFL's you keep them 1-4" away from canopy which gives you a lot more headroom in a small area like that.

well, the way i see it, is i run a scrog, and the 3" of room, is acutally from the top of the pots.

the way my cab is set up, is its 5 feet tall, but it has a shelf that i have sealed 2 feet up, then cut holes for the tops of my net pots, which also act as my passive air intakes.

so the bottom 2 feet, is my dwc setup, with its own doors, and the top, is my scrog.

this allows me to work on the nutes/water, res changes etc, even while the lights to my upper chamber are on the dark cycle. (works great for me, due to the fact i work many call in shifts, ontop of my 40 hours a week.)

anyways, this allows me for the following

1 foot from the top of the pots to the screen, and then i have 2 feet to play with for my lighting. so i could just squeak by with a LED.

well, the way i see it, is i run a scrog, and the 3" of room, is acutally from the top of the pots.

the way my cab is set up, is its 5 feet tall, but it has a shelf that i have sealed 2 feet up, then cut holes for the tops of my net pots, which also act as my passive air intakes.

so the bottom 2 feet, is my dwc setup, with its own doors, and the top, is my scrog.

this allows me to work on the nutes/water, res changes etc, even while the lights to my upper chamber are on the dark cycle. (works great for me, due to the fact i work many call in shifts, ontop of my 40 hours a week.)

anyways, this allows me for the following

1 foot from the top of the pots to the screen, and then i have 2 feet to play with for my lighting. so i could just squeak by with a LED.

I still don't see how it would fit. Your DWC setup is 2 feet, screen is above a foot. That is 3 feet which leaves you with 2 left. With the Light 20" above the top of the canopy at all times, including the 3" of the grow light, you have a whole inch to grow your plants?

I'd just drop my screen 4"and build the led into the top of the cab, so the heat sinks and such are on the outside, leaving me with about 8 inches.

Back
Top Bottom