Did low temps stunt my growth?

Herbie2020

Hi all!
Posting for the first time here, haven´t had the need to since there is such a wealth of information on this site.
I´m growing one bubble gum auto in a 2 gallon pot with soil (50% generic soil with nutrients, 40% perlite, 10% coco). She´s (yes.. its a girl!!) 17 days old out on my balcony. She´s looking pretty healthy but we had some uncharacteristacally bad weather for the last 3 days so she hasn´t been getting much sun. Up until this point I´ve noticed very regular growth everyday but these last few days she´s slowed down a lot. This is probably due to the lack of light, but could the lower temperatures have permanently damaged her?
My instinct, now that the weather is improving is to give her as much sun as possible, but should I get her used to the sun again in incremements?
Also, just before the weather shifted she got her first full watering so I´m worried she was cold and wet. For the future, if I know there will be a drop in temperature, is it better to hold off on the watering? Is cold dry better than cold wet? I know I´m probably over-reacting a bit since she looks fine but an answer to the last question would help me out a lot for the future.
Thanks for reading,
Happy growing!

How cold is cold,my Cherry hash plants were out when the weather went down to 39 and they survived just fine.Your plant should not need to be reintroduced to the sun after only three days.As for water,since most cooler air tends to be drier,I would want wet &scold rather than dry. Happy Growing.

Hey!
Just like you the temperature went down to 39 at night (they were normally at around 55), I think its the sudden drop that kind of worried me. Thanks for the advice, I´ll give it as much sun as it can soak up unless it gives me signs of heat stress.
It´s hard not to worry, its my first baby :)
Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Back
Top Bottom