Starting outdoor grow indoors?

ezyb925

420 Member
This is going to be my second outdoor growing season grew from clones last year and I decided to grow from seed this year my question is I have room mates so don’t have room for an indoor grow tent but I do have a 5x8 shed outside was thinking about starting them in there so come mid June when the sunlight and weathers better I can get them outside in pots but I’m also trying to keep my electricity down will it harm the plant if I put them outside in the sun until around 6:30-7pm then throw them in the shed under a light for another 4-6 hours another problem is there’s no insulation in the shed so it gets pretty hot in there with the sun on it but it’s cool when the sun goes down

Appreciate anyone’s input

Hi @ezyb!

As long as you have the correct type of lights that should be fine. The extra few hours of light under the lamps should keep them in veg until the days are longer, but the plants still benefit from the direct natural sunlight during the day.

Have a wonderful grow season this year! Cheers!

Hi @ezyb!

As long as you have the correct type of lights that should be fine. The extra few hours of light under the lamps should keep them in veg until the days are longer, but the plants still benefit from the direct natural sunlight during the day.

Have a wonderful grow season this year! Cheers!
I was planning on using a ceramic metal Halide....would you recommend something else

If you want to start out on the very inexpensive side of things, you could just go to your local hardware store and purchase a couple LED "full spectrum" grow light bulbs. I paid $5 for a timer, $10 each for a couple clamp-on fixtures, and $15 for each light bulb. The lights only draw 9 watts so electricity is minimal. Here a pic:
I kept them under these lights for about 3 or 4 weeks until the weather outside was nice enough. I used this setup last year and yielded plants that were 4 -7 ft high and approx a pound of cured bud from each. Also using it this year. You can check out last year's and this year's grow journal for pics of the plants (link in my signature).

Good luck on your grow! :Namaste:

Alright you can check my journal out, I am doing the same thing. First off if you have heat issues first off don’t add more heat to the mix. You can get cfls or led bulb lights that will do some magic. I used 23 watt cfls at 6500 kelvins. For the heat in your storage building I would leave a door cracked with a fan constantly bringing in fresh air. You could set it up to a thermostat timer to help lower your electric bill rather than having to manually turn on and off the fan all the time. I also top once the plant hits the 5-6 node, clone I topped once roots was established. That’s if you want bushes, If your going to grow trees leave em alone. If you have anymore question ask away and I’ll give you my opinion, best wishes.

I just seen your lights you might want to get a couple more to get some different angles of light exposure. Also next time get the clear cups and cover with the red cups so you can watch the root growth. My clones are all in the clear cups with no covers and I don’t see my roots effected to much, but I do have 57 in a cluster.

I just seen your lights you might want to get a couple more to get some different angles of light exposure. Also next time get the clear cups and cover with the red cups so you can watch the root growth. My clones are all in the clear cups with no covers and I don’t see my roots effected to much, but I do have 57 in a cluster.
That’s another members set up I’m using a 315 watt cmh with pretty much zero heat issues

This is going to be my second outdoor growing season grew from clones last year and I decided to grow from seed this year my question is I have room mates so don’t have room for an indoor grow tent but I do have a 5x8 shed outside was thinking about starting them in there so come mid June when the sunlight and weathers better I can get them outside in pots but I’m also trying to keep my electricity down will it harm the plant if I put them outside in the sun until around 6:30-7pm then throw them in the shed under a light for another 4-6 hours another problem is there’s no insulation in the shed so it gets pretty hot in there with the sun on it but it’s cool when the sun goes down

Appreciate anyone’s input

Back
Top Bottom