Difference between these 2 leds? (both from MarsHydro)

HydroDyna

67101.JPG

68100.JPG

I've finally decided that I want LEDs but I don't know really know which of these 2 is better if there's a difference at all.
I've found out they're a sponsor here but the bad English still seems a bit ehh..
So is the Marshydro 180W UFO fine for a 4 square foot grow box?

Thanks in advance.

Not enough light IMO. Only 22.5 watts per square foot. I would aim for at least 30 watts per sq ft.

I would also buy direct from the manufacturer: Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants You get a 3 year warranty. Not 1 year.

Thank you very much for the quick answer. :thumb:
Guess I'll buy the old model 100x3W, it barely even costs more.

On a side-note, I also have an interest in growing chilli peppers are led-lights also suitable for the grow of pepper pods?

I have two of those 100x3 old model lights, they work great. I'm using them in a 26"x40" closet.

One of those lights will give you 37.5 watts per square foot in your 4 square foot grow space, so that's going to be a much better match, and will give you better results.

The LED also doesn't produce much heat, so you maybe only need a small exhaust fan to handle smell filtration and circulation, and might not have to worry about heat at all. :thumb:

As for the chili peppers, I'd assume you could grow them without issues, but for any specific information, like training, light height, and things like that for growing chilis, I would seek advice from indoor chili gardeners.

Back
Top Bottom