Dinafam Cheese - Purple stems in hydro - Help please

stickydank

420 Member
3 week old cheese clones under 600 watt LED full spectrum light. I'm using Maxigrow from general hydroponics right now at 460 ppms. Ph at 5.7-6.0. Flooding 5 times a day. Ebb flow. Clay pebbles as medium. Temperature high 77-78. Humidity 50-60. They started off very nicely everything green I did not change or do anything different and hey suddenly started to get purple stock and stems, and yellowing leaves. Using tap water at 200 ppms out of the sing adding 260 of Maxigrow.Here are some pictures. Can anyone help me?
View album 18810

Your pictures are not coming through. When you create a new album it automatically defaults to private which only you can see. You have to uncheck the box that says private. Unfortunately once the album is created it cant be modified.

Can see the pictures now. Actually to me the plants don't look all that bad. The only thing I can see is that your PH in your picture is a little low for Hydro. Your planned PH of 5.7 to 6.0 would be ideal. At 5.4 you are locking out Potassium and Magnesium.

I would raise the PH a little possibly and you should be supplementing with Cal-Mag if growing Hydro.

Can see the pictures now. Actually to me the plants don't look all that bad. The only thing I can see is that your PH in your picture is a little low for Hydro. Your planned PH of 5.7 to 6.0 would be ideal. At 5.4 you are locking out Potassium and Magnesium.

I would raise the PH a little possibly and you should be supplementing with Cal-Mag if growing Hydro.

My Ph is 5.9 on the picture you just have to click on it. That's why I was asking for help because there are purple stems. They are also dry to the eye and the touch.

I would try bumping those puppies up to 600 PPM.

Why Are My Marijuana Plant Stems Purple?

If your plant seems to be in good condition aside from the stems being purple, refrain from making any changes for a one or two weeks. The majority of the time the plants will turn green fairly quickly. Provided that your leaves appear to be healthy and there aren’t any of issues you are aware of, most likely the purple stems are nothing to be concerned about.

If you suspect that your marijuana plant may have a nutrient deficiency, maybe because the plant growth has slowed down or the color of the leaves is fading, then your plant could be magnesium deficient. This can sometimes create purples stems.

Back
Top Bottom