Dispute Grows Over Medical Marijuana Plants

Johnny

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- Some citizens were concerned about marijuana growing in their neighbor's yard.

The woman growing the pot said she's a cancer patient and she has a medical card allowing her to grow some for personal use.

But one neighbor said he thinks she is growing more than she needs and he wants law enforcement officers to do something about it.

Vancouver police said they have no evidence of an illegal marijuana grow in the back yard of a home on MacArthur Boulevard.

There are some marijuana plants growing behind one home and a neighbor said he doesn't think the plants are following medical marijuana guidelines.

"I don't smoke pot, and I know people that do and I know that that's a lot more than 60 days. Those are the biggest plants I've ever seen," neighbor Jack Lennon said. "I think if it's going to be grown it needs to be regulated, it needs to be supervised."

But another neighbor said the woman who is growing the marijuana is a cancer patient with a medical marijuana card and told the neighborhood about her pot garden.

"She came to the back fence I guess when the kids were out here playing and told them that there was going to be some construction going on, she had kidney cancer, showed them the cards, you know, if the kids had any concerns she knows we have a lot of kids back here so she was trying to keep it discreet so that the children wouldn't see anything," Michelle Falatovich said.

The woman who is growing the marijuana said that she's never done anything illegal in her life.

She said she was going to get chemotherapy Monday and that the plants are part of her treatment.

News Hawk: Johnny: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KPTV.com
Copyright: 2008 KPTV.com
Website: Dispute Grows Over Medical Marijuana Plants - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

Back
Top Bottom