Diy 4" drain pipe ebb & flo

El Gusanito

New and Improved hydro system this is deep water culture using 4" drain pipe filled with hydro tons and pearlite .

Materials list
1 stick of 4" drain pipe
12 4" tees
9 4" caps
6 drain kits
1 can of glue
6 1/2" mthdXfthd 90 degree
6 1/2" mthdXbarb
4 slipXslip 90
2 slipXslip cross
1 22 gal tub as resivior
12 4" root covers
396 gal water pump
2 out let air pump and 2 6" air stones
40 liters of hydrotons and pearlite
full nutes from fox farms
Girls????????? still looking for new crop

new_hydro_2-11_006.jpg

this is the set up on the floor it will be in rows of 5 then 4 then 5 for a total of 14
the center of the tees are 1 ft. spacing the space between the pipes can be spread out for more room as the plants grow
the whole thing is going to be set up a 2X4 frame screwed to the wall and leveled
all the tees will be painted black to keep light out
will up date with pict as the room go emt can hardly wait.

I do not know what will go in them yet just getting ready the girls in there now are only out a few more days for most of them but getting ready.
I hope for grand daddy purps to go in there

There here and they are realy good looking Grand Daddy Purple 12 of them thy are in 6 inch grodan cubes so I am taking 1 4 " can with the one edge cut off and just cutting the cube in half use the can to take a plug with the clone in it.
this this ebb and flo system looks like it will work good have the flo adjusted the top of the pipe you can see the water flow thru it holds about 8 galons altogether in the system using a 18 gallon tub will add another one as needed.
if intersted fallow my journal.

new_hydro_2-11_028.jpg

new_hydro_2-11_024.jpg

this is the tubes in role but they will be spread apart when the girls get bigger.

Here are some new picts also added cd for topps of the cubes.
Finally managed to stableis my ph to 5.9 and holding for 24 hour period. they have doubled in size they look good except for 2 that where the smallest to begin with.
Changed nutes on monday after flushing that worked really good wish i had RO water.
new_hydro_2-11_036.jpg

added cd to block the light

new_hydro_2-11_049.jpg

ph damage and nute burn hopefully thats done with ph is stable now.

here picts of the ends they all feed from the far end and drain into the resevesior the flow is controled thru 3 valves to adjust the level of the water in the pipe .

new_hydro_2-11_059.jpg

new_hydro_2-11_058.jpg

and this is what they look like 3-9

new_hydro_2-11_056.jpg

just went 12/12 and 30k lamps will be addding HPS next as needed.

Interesting design concept I'm in for the long haul. Looking for advatages disadvatages you find over the course of your grow. As well as any improvements changes you might make

new_hydro_2-11_084.jpg

4-5 this is them sorry about the light it's light's off right now.
oneof the advantages in this system is thats it's modular took them out the other day to trim and do a vissual check just unplugged and bring out. Then just plug back in and done. thye arte starting to fill out after the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom