KVD4450

420 Member
2D16BB9C-8F7B-41E7-8D58-F26214345799.jpeg

Thought I’d post this make shift diy air cooler I made on a budget I found a video of a similar cooler on YouTube and thought I’d share my version . It may help another first time Grower like myself who is battling temps. I’m growing in a loft so I can have temp swings weather induced. It has saved my ass until my new cooler arrives anyway so job well done I think

Cooler box, old 45degree drainage fitting and an old 150mm hobby fan I had laying around. I filled the box full of ice, plugged in the fan and connected to a spare inlet duct on my tent. :)

Nice build! I had considered a similar build, only I wanted to use one of those plug in coolers.
Has it been helping?

I'm not having heat issues, just wanted to compliment your build!

2D16BB9C-8F7B-41E7-8D58-F26214345799.jpeg

Thought I’d post this make shift diy air cooler I made on a budget I found a video of a similar cooler on YouTube and thought I’d share my version . It may help another first time Grower like myself who is battling temps. I’m growing in a loft so I can have temp swings weather induced. It has saved my ass until my new cooler arrives anyway so job well done I think

Cooler box, old 45degree drainage fitting and an old 150mm hobby fan I had laying around. I filled the box full of ice, plugged in the fan and connected to a spare inlet duct on my tent. :)
How long does the ice last ?
Do you have to add ice to it ? How often?
Thought about doing this just haven't got the time yet lol.

How long does the ice last ?
Do you have to add ice to it ? How often?
Thought about doing this just haven't got the time yet lol.
Not worth it IMO I did this last year and it was such a hassle to deal with. I had to use my whole freezer to freeze ice and it only last 3-4 hours which takes me longer to make ice and it also brings RH up cause your blowing moister, it cost me $70 to buy everything and make it but this year I just went to Kijiji and bought a used AC unit for $100 and it's hassle free and does a better job, do yourself a favor and just buy a used AC unit for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom