DIY Cooltube

temran

boh
Im starting a grow and planning to ventilate 250W HPS with 12cm computer fans, so Im going to need Cooltube. problem is, that they cost craploads here, and Im not big fan of ordering this kind of gear. so, anyone has any solid plans for homemade Cooltube? best that I can think would be empty bottled with top and bottom cut out, which would be on the lamp with tube sucking air out. help me please, is my 250W + 12cm fans plan totally out of question?

best that I can think would be empty bottled with top and bottom cut out, which
Look into heat resistant lexan or glass tubeould be on the lamp with tube sucking air out
Being a glazier YES, do not use any Anealed glass at all in your grow room for any lamps. Explosions of this will take place.
Only a true " Laminated" or " Tempered" Safety glass should be used. Lamimated glass can be cut and sized.
" TEMPERED GLASS" cannot be cut, it is size specific when made.

I was able to find some tempered glass at an Ace hardware nearby. I just gave them the dimensions and they had it in a few days. A 2'x2' sheet was under $20. I made something similar but instead of a tube shape, I made a box from wood, lined it all with mylar, double paned the bottom with glass, and cooled it with two 8cm computer fans. I then screwed the light fixture to the inside of the box and viola! I have been using it for over a year now and it works great and was cheaper than a Cooltube.

Replacement reflector lenses from hydro stores are cheap. I paid $12.00 for my last one. Look for bake-a-round or something simular for a diy kool tube.
Here are a couple pics of one I built.
cool_tube_2_.JPG

cool_tube_and_70watters_1_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom