DIY SCROG Net - How does it look? - Need advice please!

noob1457

These blue dream are about 3.5 weeks into veg now and were at the point were I felt like they needed for me to add the scrog net. I am concerned it may be to high from the pots top. My thoughts were that I would start to weave the top branches through the trellis and wait for my bottom branches to come up and reach the net. I am shooting for the net to be at about a 70% capacity when I switch to 12/12 which I am hoping I can do in 10 days or less. Let me know what you guys think.

:thanks:
11_38.jpg
11_37.jpg
11_36.jpg
11_35.jpg
11_34.jpg
11_33.jpg
11_32.jpg
11_311.jpg

I have found that an adjustable height scrog net is much easier to work with, and is easy to remove your plants from if you have to get in and clean or diagnose etc.

Although, aside from the height I'd say the squares are just slightly large.

Other than that, I've learned that any scrog net, if used to its best ability, is way better than allowing it do grow naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

yea.. i was thinking a 2nd screen. Definetely right about only 2 plants... they are totally out of control growing like 3.5inches a day now that they are getting enough nutes. On that scrog you did when was ur last trimming of the underside of net? how many weeks into flower?

I trimmed it up good about 3 weeks into 12/12, but constantly trimming here and there to maximize light penetration. I probably spend about 10hrs a week with my ladies.

so you mean when a branch is tall enough take it out of the 1st tuck I did and tuck 2 squares away so its only through 1 square?

Correct. just keep them below the screen and they will grow outwards horizontally. When a top pops up. Push it down to the next square away. If it wont stay down give it a day or two and it will reach.

Also some pipe cleaners can be handy sometimes to loosely tie limbs to the screen- especially around the time the stretch finishes and the limbs get less flexible.

hey guys just switched to flower and have a question about light during darktime. I know it can cause hermies. I got a grow tent in a closet with a closed door however there are obviously cracks around door and tent has small light leaks surely.

I have a low wattage cfl house ceiling light about 12ft away from this closet. Wondering if the light intensity that far away is not enough to affect flowering.

You'll hear different opinions about light leaks in flowering causing hermies, and in reality it also has a lot to do with strain genetics, as well as other factors like the spectrum of the light and how steady or sporadic it is, blah blah blah. Some people get away with it. I never have and the light leaks I've had directly corresponded with getting nanners on the buds. Red indicator lights on electrical devices have been a common cause. I say - no light leaks during flowering. And that means absolutely none. But it's more important later in flowering and somewhat less urgent right now since you just started flowering and you have a few weeks to work on it.
Green lights are the exception. A green light will not affect the plants and I use green led bulbs and a green led headlamp when I have to work on the plants in the dark period.

Back
Top Bottom