Do I need to decapitate my plant?

Kabakcilar

Do I need to cut off the head of my plant? I want to do LST and is it necessary to cut off heads in this application?

IMG_6740.jpeg

Do I need to cut off the head of my plant? I want to do LST and is it necessary to cut off heads in this application?

IMG_6740.jpeg
Good morning Amigo.
Your knee deep In LST already.
I wouldn't top her just keep spreading.
Beautiful work, the only thing is she is a touch hungry :Namaste:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

no it’s not necessary,

topping breaks apical dominance but plant will slow down for recovery, lst does the same thing it breaks apical dominance but since there’s no cut - no recovery time is needed.

Apical dominance works this way, the tallest branch gets the most auxins or the most growth hormones. If you elevate the skinniest branch to be the tallest, it will outgrow the others…

Instead of having 1 giant cola aka Christmas Tree style plant, we use lst to give an even canopy that way all the branches get the same amount of auxins

your training looks great!!!

I don't understand, is it necessary to cut off his head once?
You are way beyond that.
Some do it to younger plants to split them.
But yours is flat and well trained.
As @013 :ciao: mentioned doing it slows her a bit.
You skipped that and just went straight to training, which is faster imo.
Keep on going :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

No. LST usually stands for Low Stress Training which is what you have been doing by gently bending over the stems.

HST or High Stress Training is the technique when the growing tips, especially the main or larger tips, are cut off.

Back
Top Bottom