Do we need to change the argument?

Caber1

I'm not sure about you, but I'm wondering if we don't need to change the way we argue about pot.
I'm somewhat tired of the pot, alcohol argument and the supposed prohibition model.
Nobody seems to be listening.
I think that the new driving slogan should be "weed is as safe as wheat".
Get it over to that safe grain and seed area and away from the manufactured drug area.
It's a plant and we don't need any stupid plant laws.
You prove to us, the public, it's unsafe and we'll decide what to do. Instead of us always having to do the convincing.
We deserve so much better.

That's the spirit.
Now once we spend some time getting this ball rolling and get people starting to see the stupidity of busting someone for some wheat or a caesar salad, then we can move on to showing normal folks smoking an occasional joint.

I have to catch myself sometimes, I tend to lapse into arguing against prohibition instead of for legalization or decriminization.

I think all positive approaches will attract more positivity.

Cannabis is healthy and natural and individuals are entitled to make their own decisions

The point about making decisions makes sense to you and me and millions of others.
The trouble is when you talk to opponents you can't get them to agree that it is right for you as an adult to make that decision. Rather than answer the question, they go straight to their hysteria and start screaming about death and destruction.
Makes it hard to have an adult conversation.

I think only covering it's health effects is not enough. We need to talk about all of it's uses. For example with the major discussion of global warming, we should be educating the public about how we are addicted to plastic, in fact there's an island we created somewhere in the ocean that's made from our wasted plastic. Plastic was once made from Hemp which is bio degradable but is now made from oil which is not. Not many people understand that. People should also talk about how Hemp could be used for paper, bio fuel, plastic. People need to come with facts about how many people die from marijuana as apposed to other drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. I was listening to NPR a couple weeks ago were this Shariff tried to lump all the problems they are having with people being put into jail as a drug problem and not a marijuana problem. People should grill them on that and ask for examples. Did that person go to jail because they were on probation and they got caught smoking marijuana? If marijuana was taken off the table, how many people would we have in our jails? I could go on and on but you get the picture.

i dont think we can do or say anything to change the goverments mind. they just need to experince the effects of marijuana first hand. so lets get all those bastards in an airtight room and smog it out till their roaring blitzed.

Narrow focus is that way most people can operate. Remember, the war on drugs=the war on terror, and a large excuse for the 800 bases we have overseas. We are now putting up two more in Columbia. The military-industrial complex will not let pot be legalized, as that would knock out one of their main reasons to exist. Any hopes that the current administration is going to change anything are pipe(or bong) dreams. Any logical arguments put forth are secretly laughed at. While "speaking truth to power" may make the speaker feel good, the rulers just laugh and let the steam be vented.

Back
Top Bottom