Does anyone have kids?

I have one 16 year old boy, who smokes and knows I do. He's a good boy. Good student, swims for his school and has a heart of gold. When one of us is dry, we smoke out the other. There are those who would call me a bad parent and I say fuck you to them. We talk about EVERYTHING. He puts me on the phone to talk w/his friends who need an adult ear, maybe just to talk, sometimes with serious problems. He knows he can trust me and I him.

I tried to keep my cannabis growing and smoking out in the open when my kids were younger. A change came when my eldest son joined the Australian Army to undergo officer training. I all of a sudden became a pariah and my son would have nothing to do with me. I was faced with a choice of having cannabis in my life, or my son. I had a difficult time with this at first and initially tried to keep my weed smoking a secret from my son. As others will agree, it is impossible to keep weed smoking a secret from a close family member. My son would pick up on odours, paraphrenalia, which friends I was seeing and what was growing in the garden. The Australan Defence Force has a zero tolerance policy to drugs and this is drummed into young officers from day one. Any other attitude besides total abstinence was unacceptable.
I was faced with losing contact with my son, or going deeper into deceit.
I decided to give up weed while my son was in officer training and only took it up again after he had graduated as an officer and was posted out of Canberra. I hate the deceit but I love my weed. I still have the battle of conscience.

Huh, a grampa now... my daughters are 21 and 20 - two granddaughters by one already. Makes you proud, even if your just an old stoner.

One has 2 girls, is in EMT and nursing, and the other is a graduate of cosmetology... they have known their dad smokes almost since their memories began (and an ex to remind them). They are the best thing you could ever do.

proud grampa

For you parents:

I THINK YOU'RE THE FATHER OF ONE OF MY KIDS..........

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful woman wave at him and say hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place where he knows her from.

So he says, "Do you know me?"

To which she replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says,

"My God, are you the stripper from my bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching, while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery???"

She looks into his eyes and calmly says, "No, I'm your son's math teacher."

:laughtwo: :peace:

I was wondering if anyone here has kids? And how do you deal with them smoking pot too? And what if they start doing other drugs?

Don't know how to answer that one. I have 2 daughters, one 35 with 2 children and another 25 with one on the way. I know my youngest has tried it in the past but has no interest. As for myself, well I don't smoke personally but my lady friend is an old pot head. Doesn't smoke much anymore but claims it takes the pressure off from those stressful days in the office. I got tired of her paying $180 oz so I rigged a smiple 4' shop light with daylight bulbs and started growing 4 plants. Believe it or not they are growing like 'weeds'. I don't have a clue what breed they are but she says they look great. I did buy some Lowryder seeds from a chap in England but so far only 2 out 7 seeds have sprouted and those died shortly after. My fault, I over watered them. I think the lowryder will be the way to go.
As for dealing with you kids when the time comes. It is all in who they hang out with.

I have a soon to be 10 year old son... I never smoke in front of him and leave no evedence... if he smokes weed when he gets older thats fine with me but he won't get it from me and I hope he never does anything harder then weed. (I would be more worried about him drinking then smoking):allgood:

I agree!

My kiddos are way young. I have a 4 and almost 6 yr old. They look at us smoking as "Daddy's medicine". We don't smoke where they can see us or anything. At one point we did, and it was not a big deal. We just told them it was medicine, cause it is in our house...MOmmmy gets nicer and more patient and Daddy gets pain relief ( finally).
We want them to know it's safe, but to be safe when they or if they ever do it. Alcoholism runs in my family so I would much rather them somke than drink.
I agree with Big Smokie..I hope they don't do anything harder than weed. And if they do, they are just trying it Ie: a one time thing. In reality I just want them to be happy and healthy. I'm not exactly excited about them growing up, so it's strange talking about when or if they'll try herb! lol!
I hope I'll be supportive and in a healthy way...and if they share I can see that happening! hahaha!:laughtwo:
I jest about sharing herb...but I dunno how cool I'd be with that. I am kind of old fashioned with some things. I also agree that they will not get it from me...but on the other hand I'd rather them get it from me, where I know it's safe. I hear some psychos lace herb with ajax and such. So as much as I wouldn't want to give them my stuff, I would over them getting hurt from a dumb As$ on the St.
So I'm torn I guess you could say. Thanksfully I have some time to think about it.
Great ideas mentioned in here though! you all are always making me think. i like that!
:peace:

Wrong page.. but Mr H was talking about his stepson and having a baby and I was going to say Good Luck and enjoy, you won't regret it.

"Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist."
-Michael Levine

:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I don't have kids, but I was the first child of two of the biggest heads I've ever known. I was a pretty mature kid, and even in elementary school I had a huge drive to do something big. With no help from my parents (believe me, they were pre-occupied wit other things I'd rather not discuss) I did my school work and realized before I hit middle school that I am the only one in this world that gives a fuck about me. I was 8 years old when I decided to raid my parents stash and smoke that pretty shit they get to toke on all the time. That's the day I started, by myself, just from watching my parents. They knew, I didn't try to hide it from them cause they didn't give a fuck. Growing up, I discovered all the other real drugs that people did, and I even tried some of them, but I loved MJ, and nothing else. I was the first in my family to graduate high school and go to college. I'm 19 years old now, I am in college, never failed a class in my life and I have no regrets. My biggest dream is just to live in Holland, and get to work in Amsterdam. I have been growing my own herb for about 6 years and just started a new experiement, but that will be for a different thread....

I don't have kids of my own, but found this thread very interesting and it made me think about something. For the mothers in here, did you quit smoking marijuana while you were pregnant? For the fathers, did you wife quit? Also, does anyone know anything on how it affects the fetuses growth and how safety of it. I could find some info on it, but I'm not sure if it is true or not because a lot of it sounds like it's coming from people who look at marijuana as something horrible and just take the standpoint that's more acceptable in society.

Here's a little of what I read.

"Marijuana: Whether use of marijuana during pregnancy can harm the fetus is unclear. The main ingredient of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol, can cross the placenta and thus may affect the fetus. If marijuana is used heavily during pregnancy, newborns may have behavioral problems.

Smoking marijuana during pregnancy may affect your baby's growth and the development of his nervous system. Studies have shown that children who were exposed to marijuana during pregnancy sometimes have problems focusing their attention and solving problems.

Children of heavy pot users may also have problems with short-term memory, concentration, and judgment. (There's no evidence so far, however, that marijuana use during pregnancy causes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)."

Hey there. My wife smoked weed through both of her pregnancies and she produced two beautiful and healthy 9lb baby boys. One of those boys is now a lieutenant in the Australian Defence Force and my other son works for a large corporation. They are both well adjusted and have a bright future
If I had to do anything different in hindsight, I would have gotten my wife to use a vape instead of smoking.

Granddaughter is 6 and we've had many discussions about what to tell her. I think her folks will say no to EVERYTHING till she's grown and explain it's because her brain and body hasn't finished growing. That's the plan anyway LOL. We'll have to wait and see if she'll go it.
I want them to tell her I use medmj before she catches me. I bought the book "It's Only a Plant" to show her later.

I don't have kids of my own, but found this thread very interesting and it made me think about something. For the mothers in here, did you quit smoking marijuana while you were pregnant? For the fathers, did you wife quit? Also, does anyone know anything on how it affects the fetuses growth and how safety of it. I could find some info on it, but I'm not sure if it is true or not because a lot of it sounds like it's coming from people who look at marijuana as something horrible and just take the standpoint that's more acceptable in society. "

I quit when I was pregnant w/my son because there just isn't enough info on the effect on developing fetuses, IMO. But I also quit having that glass of wine, Tylenol, caffeine.......you name it.

My SIL's OB told her a toke or two for sleep wouldn't hurt in the last trimester, but I had lost one baby to miscarriage, so I was scared shitless about everything.

In retrospect, had I not had the miscarriage and knowing what I know now, I would probably indulge for medicinal purposes.

Gee you guys have it rough over there in the States. The laws are so draconian. I am so glad i live in the UK. Our laws are a bit more relaxed toward marijuana and people are usually only cautioned for possesion of small quantities of weed say a quarter of an ounce.

Back
Top Bottom