Does anyone in N CA know what day the light changes to 12 hours?

Lusi

Hi Everyone!

I'm trying a double outdoor grow this year, a bit last minute. I have several small (for outside) plants in my greenhouse that I started inside then put out to bloom. I should have started the bloom first inside,mbut oh well. I need to know when the light gets close to 12 hours so I can bring these plants in and put new ones out to veg.

Does anyone in midNorth CA know what date this is or have a chart? Do I need to go off the sunrise and sunset, or like a flying chart with twilight times? I guess these give the actual visible light times you can see enough to fly. That I can get, but the other I haven't found. If anyone knows, plz LMK!

Has anyone else done a double outdoor grow? I'm curious when you start the first plants inside and if you bloom them a little first. Heck, I don't even know when you start the second set! I'm planting the seeds directly outside this year unless the first set finishes in time to free up my tent. I also have company the last week in April and had to hide my tent and supplies. I buillt a tall locked enclosure to hide my plants in, hoping they don't get really nosy! The fun of growing outside! :)) Now that I've had three outdoor and three indoor grows, I'm never going back to indoor alone. Bummer, I just won a 1000W light and ballast I don't need. Lol

If anyone in my area knows where I can get CBD high single seeds or clones, LMK! I'm really frustrated with shopping at single seeds.com every year. Their search engine blows, no customer service to ask questions, and I can't find plants high in CBD in their website. :( There is a seed company called CBD, perhaps two. Their strains are few, not really CBD high and not on my list of award winning or noted CBD strains. I don't consider 1% CBD high or worth the bother! Harborside says they do, but when i go there (long drive) they don't. Their seeds are 10 for a crazy price and i only need one darn seed! :( Any suggestions are welcome!

Happy growing folks!

Lusi

:thanks:

Thanks JJ! This is exactly what I needed! :)))

I'm a bit worried... It's already over 12 hours, yet my plants went into bloom when I put them out a few weeks ago. I can't take them back in until the folks are gone. I guess this grow is toast. Another grower had said not to put out new plants until mid May. Bummer! What a huge loss! Next year, I have this calander! Lol

Ty! :Namaste:

June 1st... that's far from April 1st on the calender! I have heard May... I wonder if the Sunset and sunrise times are what matters. I know people in my area get two grows, but my info is second hand. Darnit. My plants are still blooming but not progressing much. :'( I put my summer grow out in May last year with no problems but giant plants. :thumb:

HAppy growing!

Unless there is another factor in blooming, don't fallow the calendar!!! The calander says I am at 14 hours of daylight today, but my plants have been in obvious full bloom for over a week and offset branching for longer! There must be another factor missing here. They get grow nutes and live outside... I thought partial shade would be it, but the plants in full sun are blooming too. If the light from a window can effect a plant, then partial shade is still more light than this... Is there a different time for usable daylight?

Well this year is certainly a mini grow. Usually I can fit 6 8' plants and my 15x7x9H grow house, but I have 11 tiny blooming plants and could fit in another 6 now. I didn't get clones in there until July and they grew only a foot before blooming. :(

If any CA growers know how this outdoor blooming times works, please let me know. I'd still like to plan for two outdoor grows next year!

Thanks!!

Lusi

:surrender::surrender::thanks:Another bizarre twist... I'm still at 13 hours of light. In my garden, I have 11 plants. 1 Autoflower (Candy Kush) from seed which bloomed immediately as it should. 2 Girl Scout Cookie plants from seed are not even pre-flowering or showing offset branch growth yet. Logically at 13 hours these plants are as they should be... 2 clones of dif strains, from one dispensary and grower planted in early July are in full bloom and 6 clones (2 Blueberry, and 1 ea of other strains from different growers) from another dispensary in mid July. All the clones are in full bloom and were not when I bought them! I have one neglected re-veg still alive in my dead plant heap outside. It is not blooming yet.

So how in the world can anything be blooming but my auto flower? Why are the two from seed not in bloom too? None have Ruderalis breeding or are 'early' strains.

This is August 10. Is there another outdoor grower out there in climate zone 8 or 9 at 13 hrs light according to the map? Are your plants in veg still? Clones or seeds?

Well, I'm confused! Any light on it would help. I still think the calender is not quite right for MJ use. My outdoor strains are usually ready to harvest mid Sept to Early Oct. They do not bloom in late July or show by Aug 1. I've also never had plants flowering at different times! This daylight calendar isn't the only thing not making sense...

If my health lets up enough I can get out of bed and take pics I will try... TY to any info!

Lusi

If they are not auto flower then they are photo period plants , will have to look at the zones you mentioned I have three Blueberry clones a mad shack clone and a sour boggle from seed, all put out in April and all are flowering right now. It could be the genetics plus even if the calendar says 14 hours is t he plant actually in the sun for those 14 hours. With mine they look to be right on track for about 9 weeks which would be very late September, but more likely early October. Peace OG

I love in colorado and according to my weather app i am getting 14hrs of daylight. I have 6 ladies outside (dank sinatra, c-99, jtr, templer, upgradde, el Alquimista). All were clones n i put them outside late june. They r doing good but the dank sinatra is already in bud mode while the rest r not. She started budding about 2weeks ago. Im not worried just curious as to y the others arent in bloom yet. Im thinking the 5 r on schedule n the danksinatra is a early bloomer. I believe i still have about 2 months b4 harvest on the other 5 so im not too worried about them. Im just going to have to keep a eye on danksinatra to see when its done.

Dear brothers in green :)

It's not as simple as watching the calendar unfortunately. When your females start to bud depends on two things:

1.) your genetics (sativa or indica?)
2.) maturity (when you've put it out)

For example, pure indicas tend to show preflowers quite early (beginning of August), but most of pure sativas won't show them until middle of September. Then some say that if you plant them later, they will start flowering sooner while other will claim exactly opposite to be true. It's all about your experience with different varieties. Over years you'll find out which ones start to bloom earlier and later in your geographical zone. If you're impatient or lack some weed - like me - think about forcing them into flowering. It'll work for your garden and balcony plants, but might be difficult if you grow guerilla :) good luck!

Thanks guys!
1) How does shade factor in the light cycle. It is indirect light, but still more than a light leak from a window. I have one blueberry in the shadier side of the garden ans one on the full sun side. Both bloomed at the same time as did my two Hilltop Cookies which are still not in bloom. ?!

2) maturity... 8 of my plants were the same sized clones with similar root growth. These are all in bloom now. The 2 Hilltop Cookies are from non-fem seeds and still not even pre flowering. My one autoflowe seed and two blueberry clones are only a few inches high while the rest are double that size.

3) genetics... My Indicas are certainly blooming sooner and heavier than the hybrids or Sativa. Indoors, it is true Sativas show blooming later and bloom longer than indicas, but neither blooms before the lights fall below 12 hrs! You can keep mother plants on 14 hrs of light and they keep growing and not blooming indefinitely. Once you switch them to light below 12 hours, they will start the bloom cycle even though it could be a few weeks before they even show signs of bloom, depending on the strain. That part is certainly based on genetics! You could have these mothers 8 months and they will not bloom without the light change!

So the question might make more sense if I ask how is it possible for any non-auto plant to flower while they are getting over 12 hours of light. I've always heard just a tiny indirect light leak can send part of a grow into bloom. This makes me doubt partial shade make a difference. Right now, a neighbor has 6 White Widows in full sun in full bloom for a few weeks from 14 hrs light!

Hopefully my question makes more sense now. :) If indoors the light/ bloom schedule black and white 12/12. Why is it different outside?

Ty!

Back
Top Bottom