Does this flower nutrient mix seem okay?

DRM Ranch

in 0ppm RO water
4.9ml/gal CaliMagic
2ml/gal Rhizotonic
5ml/gal Cannazym
3ml/gal PK 13/14
5ml/gal Substra Flores A
5ml/gal Substra Flores B
5ml/gal Cannaboost
0.4ml/gal DripClean

When mixed into one gallon and pH'd to 6.0 using GH pH up or down, the mixture is reading 760ppm (not sure of EC need to check the meter)

Plants are in 5 gallon buckets of rock wool and fed drain to waste with 15 to 20% runoff (or thereabouts).

The girls are under 4x1000w lighting in a dedicated flower room that is climate controlled.

There are a variety of strains in the room, SSH, OSH, Chem 91, Affy, etc.

The plants all seem to respond differently, just one plant (an f1 seed plant from an odd cross breeding experiment, the sister does not show the same symptom) seems to be experiencing N overdosing (dark green clawing fan and flower leaves) while most of the others are showing some form of nute burning and or lockout as well as a stretch that results in soft stems that cant support cola weight without caging and bamboo + lots of ties.

I am just a helper and total new guy in this grow so my ability to assess the situation is at best limited. However...

My thoughts;

The mixture formula has 10ml/gal of flower nutrients and 20.3ml/gal booster/supplement, this seems wrong to me for some reason.

The NPK ratio after the mix is done appears to be 1-1.36-2.61, this also seems wrong to me.

We are testing pH and ppm of the runoff water, which is different for every plant (the grow is perpetual). I've not looked very closely at the data that has been collected (I assume there is some trending to be seen). Reason follows...

Compounding the issue is a failed RO membrane was being used for some time prior to it being changed 5-6 weeks ago. So much of the data I can look at is going to be skewed...this is seriously frustrating to me.

Two day flushing using ph'd water with 0.4ml/gal DripClean is used when the runoff is deemed to high in PPM or the pH is out of whack (the grow operator decides when, he calls it hippy hydro).

I feel there is a boat load of improvement to be had, especially in the yield department. Harvests tend to bring 16oz of dry bud per 1000k light over an average 70 day flower (roughly 4oz per plant that is easily 6' tall). Some plants are topped others are not. there are on average 4 plants under each light at any one time.

Obvious issues I believe I see are: The individual strains are not fed an individual nutrient mix according to their time in flower or strain, one mix is expected to do it all. The pH/PPM readings creep over time indicating salt accumulation in the media. The plants aren't happy.

In general I think cutting the supplements to 1/4 strength while keeping the flower nutrients at 5ml/gal each, and increasing the quantity of runoff per watering would help reduce both the nute burning issue and slow the pH/PPM creep.

I also think that a more refined method of mixing nutrients for each strain and each plant by age would help keep things in check. As is I'm not sure how to go about this.

I am unsure if the plants could go longer between feeding (they are fed daily now), I assume a scale to weigh each plant could shed some light on the subject and at the very least be another data point to ponder.

Any input on the flower nutrient mixture would be great, I feel that I'm not learning much from the grower at this point because the issues the plants are having are not being resolved, and some of the methods he is using are clearly counter to what I understand are the way to do things first class.

DRM Ranch

Back
Top Bottom