Does this look good for only 1 week?

Here's a few pics on how she's doing now and it is a female
IMG_20150320_144018.jpg
IMG_20150320_144010.jpg
IMG_20150318_1928101.jpg
IMG_20150318_150432.jpg

your lights look close to your plant. i'm going to build a box seeing what i'm seeing. i suppose you'll do one more transplant?..tell me your overhead lite seteu . and now it's warmth and lumens for these guys. i have since dropped 5 more seeds into water. i need a crop for my own enjiyment.

Looks great bigred1991!! Keep doing what you're doing! Gonna start stinking soon.....

Good luck

Yes my lights alot close. I'm growing with cfls and I'm able to keep my lights 2 to 3 inches away. My light setup is pretty easy. I'm using a baking pan for a reflector. I cut holes and pit split adaptors with two builds in each spot. During veg I ran 8 23 watts cfls that put off 6500k and now I switched to flowering I'm using 12 cfls 23 watts at 2500k. My box you see is actually a old gun case that I just rigged up.
Is the you first time growing amdwolfman

And no I'm not transplant. That's one of the main things I think that help my plant. When I germinate my seed I put it straight into a 5 gallon bucket. And let it grow from there I didn't want to be transplanting serial times or risk putting stress or putting the plant in shock so I grew it from seed and how you see it now in one pot never transplanted my plant

yes this is my first grow. so your cfl's, watts=lumens are they ? and i am going to do the same thing when my start to germinate. just put one seed in the bucket,you were lucky to plant one seed and it being a female. but great. the one that i snipped the head off of is not well

My kites I'm using are exactly 100 watts equivalent 23actual watts 1600 lumens and 2700k. I'm running 12 of them in flowering about 2 inches away
Yeah sorry to hear its not doing well. Have to think the plant was already hurt then when you snipped it just added more stress that the plant didn't need

maybe I should not have not snipped it eh?,but to see it now the leaves are spreading out . so much for my 1st try.but I'm not done yet. ,I will be at a friends building a box similar to yours. did some peeps think your plant was not female?..i figure on just making oil with mine unless I get some fine smoke from it, :high-five:

that's sweet . how long now from day1 to todayhas it been with your setup. is it going outdoors? it looks big maybe run out of room?,,,just wondering have you ever vapourized your own smoke?

No I don't think so. The plant was in veg state for 3 months just now been in flowering for almost a month so no it takes a little while. It is a female I have serial forum on here everybody told me it's a female. It's not like you can just put a seed in the ground and it will start to bud it doesn't work that way unless you have auto flowering seeds and it still takes awhile with them. You will find out it takes more time then what you think unless you have aloof experience and can make the plant grow at 100%. So good luck with your grow hope everything goes just as good for you. Have Amy questions I try to answer with what I know.

Thanks foodeefish. It's done came a long way since then it's in going on 4 weeks in flowering now. Let's see a pic of yours

At the starting the thread, On my way. one advised to watch for hermies because it's bag seed.

Into that logic off? I thought feminized seeds came from hermies. If he get a seed from a hermie, wouldn't that just be a feminized seed? Or am I missing something?

Yea I get exactly what your saying. The same as looking what came first the chicken or egg. Just because it's a bag seed doesn't mean it's gonna be a male female or hermie. I guess its the luck of the draw. A hermie can come from many different things. It could be just in the plants genetics or you put stress on the plant when it's in flowering. That's what I've been told. I myself are a first time grower. Don't have much experience besides one this one plant.
I've been looking for signs of hermie but nothing yet just white pistols. That's why I been posting pics where if anybody can see anything with more experience.

BigRed:

Are you named because you're a ginger or because of the local soda we drink with our post-hangover Sunday barbacoa?

I'm a bit of a rookie myself. I've brought 3 plants to harvest, have 2 more about to harvest, and have 10 more in various stages of growth. From what I'm looking at, you've got a solid low budget grow going there. Just keep feeding and watering and see what happens. Worst thing you can do is grow some weed....

If I were to give any constructive criticism, more light and use a clean bucket. You can rarely go wrong with having too much light and I think your plant will respond well if you add some side lighting. I believe CFL has terrible canopy penetration and side lights are almost mandatory on anything taller than a dwarf

My bucket comment is based on my home brewing experience. Cracks and scratches are places bad things can grow, and bad things near your good plants can't be good. I've used brand new Home Depot buckets in the past and they work just fine, but I recommend getting some cloth pots for your next grow. Roots love them and they're cheap & re-usable.

Good luck with the rest of the grow.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom