Does weed get old?

Hobos Bandaid

i just got some decent mj but i cant smoke it till the month is over =(. so does it get old, like i imagine it getting crispy or something. is there a way for me to keep it fresh without altering the buds in any way?

ahhh ok. i image googled it, now i know what they look like. thanx! HEY! could i use a prescription bottle to store it? or am i better off with one of these jars?

that link isn't a specific picture :( I don't know what I'm looking for!

edit: Look at my jar I keep my bud in -
photo_7_3.JPG
These jars are pretty cheap and they work really well!
Edit 2: Sorry for the sideways pic

If it's just until the end of the month, don't sweat it - just double-bag it in ziplocks and put it in your fridge-freezer - just make sure the freezer you use doesn't 'defrost' or else you'll be in trouble. Keep it cold and it will retain potency and moisture - if it can use more curing, keep it in a sealed jar in a cool dark place.

That'll do. Plastic's good, glass is better.

(Side note) If you have a grinder with a kief screen, it'll help to keep that in the freezer too. Collects kief more efficiently, for what I feel are obvious reasons.

(Side note) If you have a grinder with a kief screen, it'll help to keep that in the freezer too. Collects kief more efficiently, for what I feel are obvious reasons.
I did not know that! Thanks for the info! How does it collect kief more efficiently?

In a few ways. The "crystals" become more brittle and break off more easily if you freeze it with weed inside. Also any keif that gets clogged in the screen or stuck to the sides or anywhere else will unstick and fall through the screen, which is itself smaller(thinner) for being so cold.

Just leave it in there for half an hour, pull it out and shake it a little(not up and down) maybe slam it down on the counter to shake anything stubborn loose and check it out. This method makes kief seem to appear out of thin air.

Always happy to help! Lemmie know if you get good results! My friend showed me this a few months back I don't know why I never put it on the forum. Increased the heck out of kief collection.

Long ago..... I found a bag of weed I had stashed when I went in to the military..
It sat in a heater vent for 6 years....It was dry as a bone and burned like flash paper
but..I still got high

Long ago..... I found a bag of weed I had stashed when I went in to the military..
It sat in a heater vent for 6 years....It was dry as a bone and burned like flash paper
but..I still got high

Lol, I did something similar but the end result not as fun. My bedroom in high school was in the basement and the crawlspace under the stairs was in the back of my closet. I used to stash my stuff in there. I joined the USAF in 1980 right out of HS. Parents divorced and moved out about 1 year later. To this day I know for a fact there is a $40 ounce and a $20 bill in a bankers bag stashed behind a loose brick in that old crawlspace........ unless somebody or their kid got lucky and found it. If not a 30 year old lid and a $20 bill await somebody.

WillyB

Back
Top Bottom