Doliz First Grow - LED - White Widow XTRM Auto Fem

Don't forget to cut an intake in the door. For 4" blower should be at least 2 X 4" intake vents. I bought a 4" fan/filter combo off ebay. Thinking it was about $125 for both. The filter lasted until about week 2 of flower and I replaced it with a Phresh filter. That was $80. That filter even broke down near the end of my grow. I have to be stealthy so smell isn't an option. I bought a 5Lb bag of coconut carbon off ebay to repack the filters for next grow. Gotta have the speed controller. Mine is a router speed controller and it was about $20.

My apartment gets quite cool during the winter so I turn my main fan off on my tent and only have one small one running inside the tent with the vents open.

I just find it helps keep the heat up.. especially living in Canada with cement floors.

Afternoon Doliz. You might consider the Ductstat Plug-In Thermostat. Plug your exhaust into it and you can really fine tune your temp and humidity. Honestly, where I live it's a nesesity. It's worth your time to check it out anyway. The one I have has been flawless ✌️

How goes the babies

Hey there everyone! Today is about day 6 for the little gals. I gave them a nice watering about 3 days ago as of midnight tonight. I'm trying my hardest not to over-water them, but I feel like they are going to need a good watering tonight. Here is a few pics of them so far. Not the best, quick pics before I left for work :) Still no exhaust fan, hopefully can order that tomorrow.

8O7mxll.jpg

vsT3qpU.jpg

gcvhFIv.jpg

I have a small fan that does not move, I plan on getting a oscillating one soon though. Yeah I will have to look into the auto-temp thing Flyby was talking about. So far the temps have been between 70-80 degrees mostly. It's going to be getting cold soon though also.
The DuctStat works great. I used it all threw Veg and 3 weeks into flower. Currently I'm running always on exhaust tho. To many colas to close together. Anyway just use it like a thermostat. Keep edging it up or down until you hit your numbers. For me it usually came on for 2 minutes every 5 minutes. And at lights off every 10 minutes for like a minute. Its cold and wet here on the coast.
Are you going to have a SCROG?

The DuctStat works great. I used it all threw Veg and 3 weeks into flower. Currently I'm running always on exhaust tho. To many colas to close together. Anyway just use it like a thermostat. Keep edging it up or down until you hit your numbers. For me it usually came on for 2 minutes every 5 minutes. And at lights off every 10 minutes for like a minute. Its cold and wet here on the coast.
Are you going to have a SCROG?

I was going to look into making a SCROG soon to put in. Was not even sure what it was called :p I am throwing back and forth if I need to get a speed controller for a 4'' hurricane inline fan. I hear I may not need it, but I have a good temp currently and I think full power might remove too much heat. Any thoughts on that? I might not even need the controller if I get that DuctStat you are talking about eh? I just ordered the fan today, should be here Sunday.

I did just get a little humidifier today. So low humidity will no longer be a problem :)

I was going to look into making a SCROG soon to put in. Was not even sure what it was called :p I am throwing back and forth if I need to get a speed controller for a 4'' hurricane inline fan. I hear I may not need it, but I have a good temp currently and I think full power might remove too much heat. Any thoughts on that? I might not even need the controller if I get that DuctStat you are talking about eh? I just ordered the fan today, should be here Sunday.

I did just get a little humidifier today. So low humidity will no longer be a problem :)

Controllers are cheap. And your conditions will for sure change with your plants. You don't Need one but I guarantee you it will be far easier to control heat and humidity. But after a couple weeks into flower you should be constant on exhaust in my opinion. Did you do the numbers on The cfm of your fan to your room? If your fan is way to much a controller will help also.

I don't actually use one tho. My exhaust has 3 speeds built in. So I didn't have to buy one. But I did buy one for the oscillating fan which is 3 speeds. And it still hangs on the wall brand new never used.

Hello all! Here is a update on how things are going so far. I did get a 4'' inline fan, but I have not yet been able to get the 4'' hole into my ceiling to my attic, its in a odd spot, where the roof angles up. Hoping this weekend me and a buddy can get some better tools. So that sucks. But I did get a nice oscillating fan in the room. My nutrients will be arriving today in the mail also, but I do not believe I will need them for a few more weeks. Got the Fox Farm triple pack.

Here is a few photos, tomorrow will be 2 weeks old. My plant "D" is showing some discoloration though, anybody know why? I have used the same soil, same pH tested water, on all 4 plants. But plant "D" is the only one showing it.

7EqvOKR.jpg

cvZW2W5.jpg

LMDUpto.jpg

Lf17cnJ.jpg

Hope to hear back from ya guys and gals :)

Wow man, things are looking awesome! Not sure about that's going on with that one plant, there is a picture chart somewhere one here that shows pics and description of possible deficiencies, i ll have a look again for it if you don't find it first. What are the nutrient levels on that soil? You might have to adjust your FF feeding schedule according to what you already have. That's why I run as close to zeroed out medium as possible, so I control what goes in and can measure what the runoff s at. I always over water about 10 percent to make sure the souls saturated, to help prevent nutrient buildup and it gives me an opportunity to test the runoff water to see how the plants using nutrients and checking ph lvl s. Always water once then feed the next time, alternate as not to burn up your plant and it also lets you see how the plants using up nutrients when you check EC/TDS after a watering(results should reflect from your last feed) For this you ll need an EC/TDS meter to measure the ppm, it sure helps if your diagnosing a problem and getting to know your water supply and nutrient levels. I also use it to check the runoff after a flush before harvest to make sure the nutrients are all gone. These EC meters are cheap, Amazon for like 10 or 20 bucks:thumb:
I had just taken a screen shot of the FF nutrient schedule but just erased it, it should be on the box on come with the it. I post up mine right above where I mix nutrients just to have it handy and for a quick reference. Your on your way bro, just watch the temps/RH and don't over feed and you ll have some beauty plants!

Thanks for all the tips. I did see a picture chart somewhere, and from what I could tell, it looked like a pH deficiency. Which I thought was kind of odd, considering I have used the same medium and pH tested water on all 4. Currently I only have a water pH testing meter. I still need to get one for soil. Also I will look into those other testing meters here after Christmas. I've spent a lot so far :p

My watering schedule was a bit odd, because I did not pre-soak the pots they went in. So I was just slowly watering them when I thought it needed it. About 4 days ago I gave them a good watering, no run off though. My next watering (Maybe tomorrow depending) I will put enough to run through all 4 pots. I wanted to let them get big enough before I water them that much, I guess.

My 'best looking' gal so far I would say is quite short. The bigger leaves on the bottom are almost about to start touching the soil soon, it looks like. Would it be a good idea to leave those leaves on? Cut them off? I guess I need to start researching some info on that stuff.

Yea when you water make sure you saturate the soil, you don't want dry spots in your medium. Just put a tote lid or something under your pot to collect the runoff, then you can test that for PH and TDS. You don't need another ph meter if you do it this way. No worries about those bottom leaves, leave em be until they yellow or until you start to lollipop your plant( if you are doing that) plus your probably gonna transplant to a bigger pot in a couple weeks anyway right?! Pot size reflects plant size so don't be too small:thumb:

Nope won't be transplanting them, apparently Auto's work great just planting directly into their final pot. I went with 3 gallon pots, read a lot that said it won't make much of a difference on auto's going bigger with pots. Maybe next time I will try one or two in 5 gallons. That is why my watering cycle was so off at first, I did not want to over-water the small plants in the large pots. Next time I will for sure pre-water the whole pots.

Things are looking great. If you used fox farm ocean forest. Be careful about using any ferts to soon. That's stuff is loaded pretty hot. I made that mistake in the beginning. I could have waited a month before I fertilized. It's even to much for seedlings. Read around.

I'm using the same soil and fertilizer you are. Actually we have similar setups. Except for the auto thing.

✌️

Hey man what's poppin. Updates. Give us all the gory details

It's getting there :p Finally starting to see some nice change every day. Still no inline fan installed :/ Hopefully this weekend I can finally get this hole cut. It's in a hell of a spot. Heres a few pics I snapped this morning.

Whats the best way I can go about moving leaves out of the way for other leaves to get better light :p Also these LEDs are nice, but they are just short on being able to do both pots with 1 light, so the plants keep leaning to one side. Its working but I bet 1 LED per plant would be great.

The smallest plant was my largest starting out. Not sure what happened lol. It still is not very tall, but it is growing great. The larger bottom leaves are starting to rest on the soil.

2dQOMwB.jpg

wfyYxyc.jpg

wfyYxyc.jpg

yzVP8Od.jpg

KvCXmMG.jpg

Great job so far happy ladies im in.u could top ur ladies at the 3rd node will turn them into bushy monsters;) or look up ponytailing on here .his name is atrain.;) we are both very experienced auto growers.we grow monster plants;) il be watchin.best of luck with ur grow dude;)

Back
Top Bottom