Dozens Charged In N.Y., Fla. Marijuana Ring

MedicalNeed

NEW YORK - Federal authorities say they've rounded up more than 40 people in New York and Florida, including one of the founders of the Roc-A-Fella rap label founder, during a takedown of a wholesale marijuana ring.

Investigators say those arrested include Kareem Burke, who founded the label with Jay-Z and Damon Dash in the 1990s. An employee of High Times magazine also was charged.

Jim Hayes, head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in New York, said on Friday that the arrests were the result of an 18-month investigation. He said agents seized $1 million and almost 200 pounds of marijuana.

Authorities say the marijuana was grown using hydroponics in Florida and smuggled to New York for street sales.

The name of Burke's attorney was not immediately available. There was no immediate response to an e-mail sent to the label.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:heraldtribune.com
Author: The Associated Press
Copyright: 2010 HeraldTribune.com
Website:Dozens charged in N.Y., Fla. marijuana ring | HeraldTribune.com

Wow.

For goodness sakes people this is 2011, two thousand eleven why is this still happening?

First of all they are doing it all wrong. I just moved to FL from NY. NY laws on bud are very laid back, as long as you have the money for the laywer you can get out of most everything, but FL is a whole other situation! FL lawys are strict. had a cuz get caught with an eighth and cost him 3000, 3 days in jail, 5 drug tests and 12 hrs of couseling and he can only complete a half hr a week. Tell me that aint some bull! So i dont know why they where growing it down here to begin. always start your set up in a state where the laws are on your side!

Back
Top Bottom