Drooping leaves please help ASAP!

spencermethen

Hello Everyone,

I just planted these babies 2 days ago, I got them from a local dispensery & I believe that they are about 3 weeks old. I have them in 5gal pots & the soil is 60% FFOF, 20% FFLW, & 20% perlite with 1/2lb of mycorrizhae. I placed them in their new homes with the rockwool cubes that they came in. PLEASE help me figure out why they are drooping so much! I am very worried about them as these are my very first plants :)

Any info on why they are so sad will help me out a ton!

were they rooted clones or just cuttings?
second question are you overwatering? that is only if they already are showing roots
the pot needs to be fairly dry before you water so the roots reach and stretch looking for water
its good to know the dry weight of the pot with the soil

relax - transplanted plants are working hard below the soil, growing roots, the top leafy part might look like nothing is going on.

I don't see major droop - I have seen plants that were watered too close to lights out (roots need oxygen/air), watered too much, leave curl caused by nutes (I thought I saw it on one branch, not overall the plant) - make sure you are just watering the plants - the soil mix should be able to feed that plant for about 3-4 weeks with plain water. When cloning or transplanting - make sure the soil is warmer than the air temp.

DN

were they rooted clones or just cuttings?
second question are you overwatering? that is only if they already are showing roots
the pot needs to be fairly dry before you water so the roots reach and stretch looking for water
its good to know the dry weight of the pot with the soil

Im not sure what the difference between cuttings or rooted clones are but they came in rockwool cubes already about 7 inches tall each. I gave them some water when i transplanted into soil & gave them a very very very little amount of hi-brix molasses for plants. I then waited 2 days for the soil to dry and gave them a good watering this morning (about 7 hours ago)

relax - transplanted plants are working hard below the soil, growing roots, the top leafy part might look like nothing is going on.

I don't see major droop - I have seen plants that were watered too close to lights out (roots need oxygen/air), watered too much, leave curl caused by nutes (I thought I saw it on one branch, not overall the plant) - make sure you are just watering the plants - the soil mix should be able to feed that plant for about 3-4 weeks with plain water. When cloning or transplanting - make sure the soil is warmer than the air temp.

DN

thanks nomad, I hope they make it. & i have done some reasearch online for drooping leaves, I know mine is not the worst ive seen lol but I am just worried since they were not like that when they arrived here

the key here - is you 'transplanted 2 days ago' if the cutting was rooted in the original container (meaning you saw roots) - then you just did a normal transplant. Transplanting is stressful to the plant and the plant is switching from growing leafy top stuff to white roots in the soil.

I can tell your plants are rooted due to the small growth close to the main stem. I can see the 'old cut on the leaf' made during the cutting.

The main thing here is - make sure the soil is not cold (its polar vortex in michigan! many closets are chilled), and do not over fertilize - the new soil mix can support that plant for about 30 days on plain water. Do not water too close to lights out.

Keep us updated - you should see improvement - or worsening within 3-4 days.

DN

cuttings - fresh - no roots seen on root ball. Do not transplant yet - need roots!

Clones - fully rooted - you can pop the root ball from the container/dixie cup - and see roots all over the ball of soil. You can transplant or sell as a clone.

Do not sell cuttings as 'clones'. People want clones that are rooted.

DN

They look fine to me. Looks like they were just watered. Reason they do that is you went over the 80% field capacity of your soil. MJ loves to be in 70% to 80% field capacity. All field capacity is, Is how much water your soil or medium hold. When soil cant hold any more water it is 100% field capacity. Once the field capacity gets down to 80% your leaves will pop back up. Since your in soil you might want to use less water when watering at least at this stage.

Im not sure if i could see the roots when i transplanted them, I didnt really pay attention to that =/ and I definitely will keep updated, I have already started a grow journal on them, please subscribe :D and I have them under 400w mh 24/7 for veg. I want them to be about 18" before i start to flower.

Just a personal preference - try it yourself - I prefer the 18/6 light during clone and vegging. I just come to believe that lights out is the plant's time to focus on its root ball.

Interesting new word - "field capacity" - must be a farmer ; ) . I also agree - you don't need as much water and nutes during this stage of transplanting. No need to waste water and nutes in soil where there are no roots yet.

DN

Interesting new word - "field capacity" - must be a farmer.

Close but no i worked golf courses so i guess you can say i have grown tons of grass. :thumb:

Since your new i would suggest getting a hydrometer that you stick in the soil. This will help with on how much to water and when.
738390340_o.jpg

water till you hit 8 on the scale and wait till it get to 5 to water again. I think you will find that at this stage your going to be somewhere around every 5 to 6 days between waterings.

Just so you know it is good to do 18/6. During the light period, a plant goes through a process called PHOTOSYTHESIS. During this process, a plant makes carbohydrates from the CO2 in the air. these carbohydrates are stored primarily in the plant's leaves. But every plant has a LIMIT to the amount of carbohydrates it can store.
This means that they have to get emptied out somehow.

Now, during a night cycle ( really called a CALVIN CYCLE), the plant transports these molecules to the roots and the main stalk. this promotes root growth. Essentially emptying the stored up carbs in each leaf and allowing for new production to take place during the next light cycle
I hope some of this info helps you. Happy Growing

Back
Top Bottom