Drooping leaves

420chris69

I was having some trouble with my leaves drooping when i put my plant in my garage under a 1000 watt MH, i moved it back inside under the LED's and it did great.
I thougt it was stress from switching from an LED to a MH, so i put a different plant, that has always been under a MH, in the garage. The next day i come out and the plant is drooping.

Could this be a problem with the garage? My PH is at 6.2 and im using rockwool formula one A B, with hygrozyme and Hormex, same thing I've always used.

A friend said it could be stale air in the garage. Any ideas??

I only have a pic on my phone, not sure if i can load it from there, I am using rockwool cubes and it seems to be a good moisture level, i water twice a day using an fill drain table. I'm starting to think its a problem with the environment, not sure what it could be tho.

Right now its snowing so its a little colder than normal, About 63 to 70 degrees, when its warmer outside it can get up to 80 if i dont run my fans.

The temp can change quickly if i open the room up or if the fans are on/off. The res. is on a wooden stand, def not on the concrete

Right now i just put one in there until i can figure out whats causing the drooping. Its a Durban Poison and its 4 inchs tall, It's in a 4 in Grodan rockwool cube. It was transplanted into the 4 in rockwool cube about a week and a half ago, well rooted, you can see some roots coming out the bottom of the 4 inch cube.

awflly small for the garage with the temps flucuating like that ...., what kind of nutes are you using for them and how much is important if its lockout you can buy epsom salt i think its 1/2 tsp for every gallon of water...its hard to say how high is your lamp :popcorn:

I'm using Rockwool Formula One Part A and B, Hygrozyme, and Hormex, The light is a 1000 watt switchable using the MH and its about 3 feet from the top of the plant, just noticed that the very tips of the leaves are slightly browning.

they are getting to hot 1000. can cover a 12 by 12 area raise your lamp to four feet go down after a few days but only like an inch a day..you start goin down when you notice they recov. but if you are misting the plant then all those drops become magnifying glasses .

The rest of the leaf looks good. I can barely even see the browning on the tip of the leaves. So basically i should raise my light to 4 ft. Control the climate in the room better, and if the leaves discolor i should flush the system and replace with new water. What would you recommend for temp?

Hell Yeah Justintym2 From the Mile high, 303, MJ capital of the Country

Looks like you've got plenty of help and are getting a handle on whatever was wrong !! I think you'll do great !! Just a shaky start !! 420chris69, hang in there baby!! :peace:

Thank you, New to this site and so far have to say that i am very impressed, Thanks For the help, and if i can figure out posting pics, i'm computer illiterate, ill start a journal.

hahaha thx here to help and learn ,basicaly this is how i do ,i change my water religiously and check temps all the time but the room stays at 78-82 degrees humidity at 60 % and the water 72-75 degrees this includes night they like to have the water consistant when you ghange you res set you water in a buket a day ahead ..i have a tank therm for a fish tnk like 5.00 bucks but it will help you alot get a ppm meter it shouldnt be over 1600 the level ppm meters range from 0-99990 ppms for 25. i just bought one ill give you the info when it arrives ..great store in denver is the big tomatoe

My humidity is not half of that its like 20-30% is that gonna be an issue? Thanks again for the help. You guys are great!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom