Dryin Out Soil During Flowering

MR.BLUNTZ420

I FLUSHED MY SOIL OUT FOR ITS MONTHLY WASH, BUT THIS TIME MY POT IS STAYIN PRETTY HEAVY AND MOIST ITS TAKIN A LOT LONGER TO DRY OUT AND RECOMMEDATIONS SO I DONT GET ANY ROOT ROT OR ANYTHING? :smokin:

MR.BLUNTZ420 said:
Oh Yeah Sorry, My Pot Is A 1.5 Gal Pot
Soil Is Plain Miracle Grow No Fert
Plant Is About 3.5 Ft

It doesn't need a "monthly wash".
2 weeks plain water before harvest is all you need.
Also, keep in mind:
-All miracle grow products are crap.
-Plants need fertilizer. Try to avoid miracle grow. Organic nute's are the way to go imo. Use veg formula until 3 weeks after 12/12, then switch to flowering formula.

what would you recommend? miracle grow soil is crappy? well what should i use next time? and what is the best way to dry my soil out in the mean time? thanx for the info also

I used miracle grow soil it was a waste. I probrobaly would flush it get a out take and a intake fan i even moved the topsoil around so that it dries out faster. I still flush my plants and let it dry out a while before harvesting roots will search for more nutes drying out what is N P K

first, it DOES need a monthly flush if grown in a container or the unused minerals will lock plant up and kill it. secondly, miracle grow works very well if used correctly. add a little fresh soil, you should be fine. peace!

ok... heres the deal..it might need a flush..if there is mineral build up..but this doesn't mean that a flush IS NECESSARY every month!! Pls realize this.. flush only if needed (nute burn, PH is off, plant looks unhealthy for unknown reason) Flushing every month is not always a good thing.. but the only NECESSARY flush is in the last 2 weeks

2ndly from experienced growers..miracle grow isn't very good when being compared to other soils...it might work well if used correctly..but to use it correctly takes more time/energy than if u bought good soil in the 1st place

drboomhauer said:
you probably shouldn't be advising people.....
first, it DOES need a monthly flush if grown in a container or the unused minerals will lock plant up and kill it. secondly, miracle grow works very well if used correctly. add a little fresh soil, you should be fine. peace!

I've probably been growing weed longer than you've existed, and have grown hundreds of lbs. of top quality dope.
Plants DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT need a "monthly flush" if you're dosing properly. I don't flush my plants monthly and they grow just fine.
Miracle grow products are crap, every single bleedin one of them. I know, I used them for years because I didn't know any better.
Nowadays, with top quality info available at the click of a mouse, there's no reason to use it other than it's better than nothing.
One of these days you may try a quality nutrient and you'll see.

There's a reason why experienced growers advise against using miracle grow products. Why do you suppose this is?

The difference between miracle grow and something good like Iguana Grow is like the difference between am/pm hot dogs and a gourmet meal.

RangerDanger said:
I've probably been growing weed longer than you've existed, and have grown hundreds of lbs. of top quality dope.
Plants DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT need a "monthly flush" if you're dosing properly. I don't flush my plants monthly and they grow just fine.
Miracle grow products are crap, every single bleedin one of them. I know, I used them for years because I didn't know any better.
Nowadays, with top quality info available at the click of a mouse, there's no reason to use it other than it's better than nothing.
One of these days you may try a quality nutrient and you'll see.

There's a reason why experienced growers advise against using miracle grow products. Why do you suppose this is?

The difference between miracle grow and something good like Iguana Grow is like the difference between am/pm hot dogs and a gourmet meal.
RELAX--I probably shouldn't have said you don't need to be advising, but what you said, you said as if it was law. A lot of growing is subjective, depending on experience and what you want to do exactly.
just because you don't flush monthly and grow fine, doesn't mean no one ever needs to. I've done both and had better luck, a lot better luck, doing it.

Miracle grow is not at all the best, and I don't think anyone short of a Miracle Gro salesperson would say otherwise. But I bet money that more people have grown fine weed with it than any other fert simply because you can walk in any wal mart and get it. I think MRBLUNTZ420 is fairly new and will probably do fine, if he puts a few more drain holes in the bottom of his container for proper drainage. Don't think he's trying to grow 'hundreds of pounds'. (ie no need to click a mouse and buy what anyone tells him to, that will probably intimidate him into thinking he's screwing everything up)
When I first started out I was waaay overwhelmed by all the people giving advise, and some made it sound like if you didn't do it their way you're doing it wrong. Most of 'em just want to look smart I think. This shit is easy to grow man.
Lastly you don't know me, how long I've existed OR grown, and what quality nutrients I've used but I know something about you...It's really smart to go on a public site and say that you've grown hundreds of pounds of quality herb.

I only use one fert. all natural ,well decayed horse manure.Couple shovel scoops into a 5 gal.bucket.Fill with water,let it steep..overnight,then a gal. to each plant,once a week.Plenty of water,and sunshine.....no flushing required.......

QUEENBUD00 said:
I only use one fert. all natural ,well decayed horse manure.Couple shovel scoops into a 5 gal.bucket.Fill with water,let it steep..overnight,then a gal. to each plant,once a week.Plenty of water,and sunshine.....no flushing required.......
I've heard that before, but was told you get a buildup, maybe potassium, over time. You don't have any problems with that?

Always saw Flushing as a Hydro thang ..
unless I bad a sick baby that needed a flushin' to cure her ...

Like Ranger says, plain water the last couple weeks.
Althou I have been checkin' out the Pineapple thread :)

What I use :)
Sta-Green All Purpose potting Mix (0.13 - 0.04 - 0.09)
Peters
All purpose 10-10-5 (mostly for the Mothers and N loadup before flowering seedlings)
Peters
Super Bloom Booster 8-16-8

Off the shelf at any Lowes or Home Depot,
cheap too and cheap is what I like... overhead sucks

DaMagoMan said:
Always saw Flushing as a Hydro thang ..
unless I bad a sick baby that needed a flushin' to cure her ...

Like Ranger says, plain water the last couple weeks.
Althou I have been checkin' out the Pineapple thread :)

What I use :)
Sta-Green All Purpose potting Mix (0.13 - 0.04 - 0.09)
Peters
All purpose 10-10-5 (mostly for the Mothers and N loadup before flowering seedlings)
Peters
Super Bloom Booster 8-16-8

Off the shelf at any Lowes or Home Depot,
cheap too and cheap is what I like... overhead sucks
green light bloom booster? had awesome results with that...

Im sorry about my last post people.I dont know if should have been giving people advice and that point in time. I am awarded no points and may god have mercy on my soul

drboomhauer said:
RELAX--I probably shouldn't have said you don't need to be advising, but what you said, you said as if it was law. A lot of growing is subjective, depending on experience and what you want to do exactly.
just because you don't flush monthly and grow fine, doesn't mean no one ever needs to. I've done both and had better luck, a lot better luck, doing it.

Miracle grow is not at all the best, and I don't think anyone short of a Miracle Gro salesperson would say otherwise. But I bet money that more people have grown fine weed with it than any other fert simply because you can walk in any wal mart and get it. I think MRBLUNTZ420 is fairly new and will probably do fine, if he puts a few more drain holes in the bottom of his container for proper drainage. Don't think he's trying to grow 'hundreds of pounds'. (ie no need to click a mouse and buy what anyone tells him to, that will probably intimidate him into thinking he's screwing everything up)
When I first started out I was waaay overwhelmed by all the people giving advise, and some made it sound like if you didn't do it their way you're doing it wrong. Most of 'em just want to look smart I think. This shit is easy to grow man.
Lastly you don't know me, how long I've existed OR grown, and what quality nutrients I've used but I know something about you...It's really smart to go on a public site and say that you've grown hundreds of pounds of quality herb.

You were the one was was insistant as per your "it DOES need a monthly flush" edict.
Marijuana is easy to grow poorly. It takes work to optimize yield, taste and potency.

And I'm VERY PROUD of the fact that I've grown lots of weed. What do thinks gonna happen to me?

hopefull nothing will happen to you. I'm not wishing any ill will on anybody, but like I said when I 1st started out responses like yours confused the hell out of me and almost intimidated me right out of growing. Again even if you have healthy plants, a good monthly flush won't hurt for sure. Call it preventive maintenance, but from my experience I always got bigger healthier plants from doing it. peace

drboomhauer said:
hopefull nothing will happen to you. I'm not wishing any ill will on anybody, but like I said when I 1st started out responses like yours confused the hell out of me and almost intimidated me right out of growing. Again even if you have healthy plants, a good monthly flush won't hurt for sure. Call it preventive maintenance, but from my experience I always got bigger healthier plants from doing it. peace

I live in CA. and since '99 I've been growing legally.
Prior to that I grew illegally, but the statute of limitations has expired on all of those.
PLUS people lie all the time on the internet. I don't believe any leo's would be thinking "hey let's spend manpower on this guy who may be lying and in any case can no longer be prosecuted".

hey bud, the only time you need to flush is when your ph is way off and indangers your plant. what your doing is leaching all the nutes and pretty much everything out of the soil.

Back
Top Bottom