Hypnotic420

420 Member
I’m on my second grow and I was wondering if organic is better than regular soil? I have only used organic and I have noticed that the soil stays moist longer than my house plants that have regular. During my first grow, one plant could never dry out no matter what I tried, then developed root rot and died. The other plant I was growing lived until harvest but I cut back the amount of water a lot to keep the soil drying out. Instead of a once a week I was doing 3 days with 1/3 of the water. I’m noticing one of my 3 plants are constantly damp and I haven’t given it water for almost a week. It seems like the same cycle. The only thing I question is the soil.

IMO, If you need to wait more than 48 hours before you need to water then your soil is not aerated enough.
You should have about 35% of your soil composed of Pumice, Rice Hulls and Precharged Biochar.
And put in fabric pots with air space under it.
If you go a step further and go No-Till in 15+ gallon fabric pots and use cover crop and worms then your soil tilth will get to where you will water every single day just like coco.

Back
Top Bottom