Ebb & flow 2 organic soil

Bruceleaf

Hello, I'm here to take any advice from any new or very experienced growers. I'm going from ebb & flow to organic. was wondering what types of soil and base veg and gro as a beginner to this type of grow. i have seen better results from organic from a few people that would go great for the new strains i have.
any info is helpful. Thanks

organic fast & cheap pro mix soil then Geoflora organic dry mix ferts (2 bags one for veg another for flower) best part GF is a sponsor here.

but real organics take time & money to buy ingredients, mix it up and cook the soil for 30 to 90 days. Note there is a difference between supersoil and living organic soil - to dip your toe in look at website build a soil dot com and then scroll over to @Nunyabiz here at 420 for a great LOS journal

whatever you do follow a well known soil recipe - this is not something you want to experiment with by mashing up various amendments you think might work

Okay that seems like a good start I do agree what's the starting off small something I can wrap my head around being that I've never done soil appreciate the advice I will look up some good organic I will have updates in a few weeks

Pretty much like me starting for the first time even though I have tried a few ebenflow a few times just have not got the quality that I'm looking for only quantity and which I'm not looking for only personal so this information helps out a great deal

By starting small that means number of pots not size of pots.
If you want to do LOS you really need to go with 20+ gallon fabric pots.
So a good small grow would be to get two 20 gallon fabric pots, do not get plastic pots.
In LOS you are growing SOIL, you let the soil grow the plant.
The most critical aspect is the soil, its composition, balance of amendments, and very important is tilth.
If you want to just buy your soil which is what I do then I would highly suggest to go with Buildasoil V3 soil.
Perfect tilth and rich in nutrients, it can be a totally water only soil if you wish for the first grow as long as you're in 20+ gallon fabric pots.
If you build your own from scratch that could take months unless you buy aged compost.

You also need a small bag of cover crop, small bottle of Yucca extract, some mycorrhazae inoculate, I prefer Rootwise Microbe Complete.
A small bag of Colorado Worm Company castings and just hope you get worms and rove beetles in it, that will save you money.
Also need a bag of barley straw mulch.

When you put the soil in the pots do so about an inch or two at a time and moisten each layer with non chlorinated water with Yucca Extract.
That way there are no dry spots and soil is properly hydrated to start.
Mix 1/2 the worm castings into the top 2" of soil then sprinkle just a little bit of cover crop and then lay down a thin layer of barley straw at first, add more straw as the cover crop get bigger.

After the cover crop gets established then inoculate with mycorrhazae.
Then you start your seeds.
I would put them into a glass of non chlorinated water with just a tiny pinch of mycorrhazae inoculate and aloe vera if you have it.
Put the glass in an 80⁰ area like a router, laptop, top of fridge etc.
Usually between 12-18 hours the seeds will crack, do not wait for the tap root to show.
Fill a solo cup with seedling soil do the same as you did the pots, make sure the soil is moist top to bottom.
Plant seed 1/8th inch deep root down, in 12-18 hours it will pop above ground.
In 7-10 days the leaves will hang over the top of solo cup and thats when you transplant into 20 gallon pots.
At this point you completely ignore everyone saying to water only after soil is dry or pot is light etc.
This is a proper soil with good tilth, not mud.
It is alive and it needs moisture DAILY.
In general you water with roughly 5% of the soil volume so in 20 gallon pot thats 1 gal of water DAILY.
The first week or so you can probably do a less than a gallon like 3/4 gal but really depends on how your cover crop is growing and how warm your environment and airflow etc.
You should be at 77-81⁰ with 65-75% humidity all through veg for a proper VPD.
But you want to keep the soil moist at all times, never dry, not even the top 1/2" thats what the mulch is for.
There are times especially in flower that 1 gal a day will not be enough when plants are growing fast and transpiring a lot, you might need an extra quart or two per day.

Thats basically it except for LST and SCROG if you want good yield.
You don't need to add nutrients nor bother with pH.
In a 20 gal pot, LST then SCROG then you should expect no less than 8 0z per plant.

Okay so I will try the Buildasoil for this first run to make it little more simpler on myself and not so confusing being my first organic grow I will have updates and more questions if you don't mind I will be in touch appreciate the information this website is so great for communication among Growers educating and learning so much about cannabis

Okay so I will try the Buildasoil for this first run to make it little more simpler on myself and not so confusing being my first organic grow I will have updates and more questions if you don't mind I will be in touch appreciate the information this website is so great for communication among Growers educating and learning so much about cannabis
It may seem expensive at first but remember that if done properly with a few amendments between grows each of these pots should be good for 6 to 10 grows before you need to change the soil out.
If you used larger pots or a 3x3 bed then would last even longer.

Back
Top Bottom