Drying box and airflow concern

DCn00bGrow

Hello everyone,

first grower here and I'd need some advice on a drying box since the girls are almost ready

I got a 16 gallon plastic tub from ikea, put some strings inside to hang the cut plants but i'm wondering about the ventilation and how it can affect the drying period.

So, i plan to use a 4" 65 cfm duct fan at the exhaust with a DIY carbon filter, and have a passive intake. Thing is i don't have much control on the humidity of my drying place so i'm worried the airflow may be too strong and end up drying the buds super fast, leaving me with chlorophylle packed goodies.

I live in dc so we have pretty high humidity during the end of summer but as i said i have no control on it. It can be 85% on day (DC is a freaking swamp) and 50% the next.

Do you guys have any idea, first on the setup, then on a cheap way to prevent fast drying ? I'm kind of broke so even a humidifier is too much. Water filled bowls ?

Thx !!

I'm in similar RH and still working on it. I'd like to try drying inside a cardboard box as some do- but worried about mold. As of now I regulate the drying time somewhat with my fan. I have a 3" hole on the top of the box. I lay a computer fan on the hole- and slide it to one side after a while- then later remove and dry without the fan - based on how the buds appear. It's an imperfect system. I'm wondering about finding a humidistat and wiring it to the fan. That should work I would think.

Back
Top Bottom