drying/curing

So do I need to cut each individual bud off the main stem b4 it gets thrown in jars since the main stem retains so much moisture? Or can I leave these big awesome buds intact on the stem in the curing jars?

I don't think you need to. Once dried the stem should be dry enough. I've left some stem, and didn't have a problem. But keep in mind I was the one asking the questions.....

Well my stems aren't so dry that they "snap", it's more of a crackling bend than anything. I'm just afraid of the stems having too much moisture in them for a successful cure.

I don't want to mislead you. Probably not the expert you need. I can tell you I've been using broveda packets, and they seem to be keeping it in great shape.

Well I appreciate your input anyway. I think I will find some packets. Been hearing lots of good things about them. I've just been stuck in the tried and true ways, maybe it's time to update a bit!

I just finished my 1st grow and have currently got my 1st harvest hung in my wardrobe. Due to poor planning on my part I'm going away in a week and the buds have been hung up for a couple of days. I was wondering say when i go away they weren't completely dry would just leaving them in cardboard boxes along with some newspaper and some vent holes in the sides be a complete disaster?
Thanks in advance.

I'm not an expert, I've only dried a few batches. I use paper grocery sack, and put in just enough for a single layer, touching but not piled in, in a cabinet that has air flow. With sack almost closed it usually takes about 5 - 7 days for me. I would think if you closed bag, and don't pile them on top of each other. Maybe that would work. That's what I would do, but I hope you get more input. Hope it works out 4 u.

You know what is hilarious ? I just right now realized I have the identical situation you have. I have to cut tonight, and just remembered I am working out of town for a week, two days from now. Sooo....I guess I will do what I told u. That's just weird. Let me know how yours turns out and what u did. I will do the same.

Ok. So I just got back and jarred it. I left the paper sacks folded half way, maybe 1/4 - 1/8" gap open. Temp. Avg- 68. And they seem ok. If anything little crisp. I'm hoping for the broveda to get them where they need to be. How u do Henry?

Back
Top Bottom