Drying harvest

I nvr grown too much from seed judt nursery clones. 1 day though. Think its day 8 or 9 aks getting trimmed. Just waked n baked with it. Stuffs dry enoughbto cure. I keep having to relight the others thoigh so im thinking maybe wait till thursday for the 9 pound and friday for the blue cookies. Im guessing if u got hay smell hanging now a little bit then its prolly cause it had alot of moisture in it when u cut. Im not 100% cause ive had that same problem but i beleieve if we let it dry a few more days under good rh and temps that hay smell will dry away and hopefully nothing but the sticky terp smells will stay. Id rather have good smelling tasting dry stuff rather then wet stuff heh. Ive had alot of wet stuff in the past but i believe my buds not all of em but alot of em i didnt dry right cause of weather c9nditions or just worrying too much and making a mistake heh. But im feeling good this harvest and i dont think letting em go past what i thought was dry is a bad idea so ill just let em go lol. I took these bowls from those tops yesterday smoking like a champ lol frosty smelly sticky goodness heh.

Attachments

• 15911114014672059541943128161873.jpg
    15911114014672059541943128161873.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
That's some nice looking bud. 1 of my trees I think is ready top small nugs as re breaking off. And I tried breaking 1 big one and had nice solid sound when breaking and smelled beautiful couldn't resist so i had to try it .. taste is good and I can tell that is getting there . I'm thinking of leaving it and trimming tomorrow just to give it an exta day

Ty 2 brother. Were in this together lol. Ya man dang your buds look so big and at the same time fire lol resiny. People say its the strain. I bet. Think im on my 20th strain and yet to get some big doney dick buds heh. Ya man that snap is great. Bro you got some good buds if they snap after 9 days. I dont think an extra day or 2 is gonna hurt those but even now after sampling im sure its good to go but 2 days would make it even better. Those dense buds hold moisture quite well . My other strains arent snapping like that yet think their more tighter then the ak but the aks. Ya man im starting to understand more clearly now when people told me to stick with the strains you know have the potential to be great once dialed in. I got dj shorts blue that failed. The green crack failed and few other strains i picked up from the nursery from time to time. Right now im learning how to get better at the 3 right now. I plan on trying gg4 headband and platnum yeti my next grow. I grew the gg4 and lost the clone.. but i got the same 1 back from the nursery and i know it grows tight and white and wonderful lol so its gonna be my 4th staple. Hoping the headband and platnum yeti make 5 and 6 hehe. I notice most experts here grow from seed banks im sure thats where the good stuff comes from but it just seems like so much work and trial and error. Be nice to try it sometime. Happy smokin bro.

Trimming the 9 pound today. The buds r tighter and denser but there done drying . The bud snapped just now like the ak 47. Its a tiny bit wet from the stickiness but it burns hella good the taste and high is way more towards what i like between the ak47 and 9 pound dont get me wrong that ak47 is wonderful sticky and resiny smelly tasty to the last drop but this 9 pound is way more stonier heh. Its super stick and tightly dense at the same time. Definately gonna make more of this really soon. Think its eirher dsy 10 or 11 on these 2 9 pounds. Tbh i coulda let it go 1 more day but shes totally covered in white crystal now and dense when squeezing so if anything ill check rh in jar later after its closed awhile and see wherr the rh jumps to . Its not wet just sticky super smelly olmost makes me feel dizzy just trimming it heh. Put bovedas in both jars of my ak yesterday. Rh in the 2 ak jars at 62 and the bigger buds at 65 so perfect. Expecting this 9 pounds gonna be in the 65 to 67 range which is great . Im worried about drying to some point hanging if the stickiness that gives off that terpy taste and smoothness would somehow evap lol so i figure todays perfect heh. Blue cookies looks more dense so it might actually need till friday or longer. But it smelt great too when i smelled it earlier today sticky to the touch. The blue cookies had a massive scent of the blue strain like blue dream smell. But its tighter denser buds. Overall my best harvest yet on all 3 strains. By no means the buds were as big as i would of liked but theyre top shelf stoney and surprisingly smooth with the 2 im sampling so far. I taste no green taste hay nothing but sweet smooth weed.

Attachments

• 1591155097122311835793488073999.jpg
    1591155097122311835793488073999.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 66
Im so happy brothers me n my friends are surprised lol. The ak and the 9 pound heh. Cheers.

Attachments

• 1591224673808813936284496423050.jpg
    1591224673808813936284496423050.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 15912247471341400685562485298671.jpg
    15912247471341400685562485298671.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 65
Day 8 just trimmed whatever small buds where dry and tasted my critical kush smokes and tastes amazing. Left everything else in there maybe tomorrow or Friday I trim the rest. I got one worry though I filled up a 24oz jar to 3/4 full added an 8gram boveda 62 in there after 2-3 hours checked the hygromwter inhale in my jar and humidity is at 54rh is that good or bad? Also added another 8gram boveda 62 and that helped raise to 60-62 In jar. Any thoughts would be helpful. By the way corinth buds looking good.

Any chance I over dried ?? Stems where snapping but bot breaking and they don't feel that dry the rest that I left to dry for a few more days are almost ready to snap so if I over dried this ones I'll trim the rest tonight . Nice crisp outside and whem squeezed it doesn't turn into crust

Hmm 50s rh was it the larfy buds right. Most likely your larfy buds if u got ne . I know the bigger buds or even tighter and denser buds hold alot more water then the popcorn and popcorn dries quick. Check a small denser bud maybe so u can see if u taste water still if it doesnt hit right theres still some moisture . I noticed with the 9 pound i trimmed all today i can hit it and pull clouds and even the smallest piece seems to last awhile. Kinda feel like its super fresh borderline wet but from the resin only. All waters gone. I got it all basically sitting in a bedroom in open jars and a platter of the rest of the untrimmed. I smoked like 2 or 3 bowls of it earlier smoked like that. Buddy came over and he says he prefers it. So ill jar it all tonight wait 2 hrs and i expect it to be in the 65 67 range but then again the ak 47 those big buds came out at 65 and the larfy popcorn was at 60 and boveda has it at 62. But the larf was completely water free and just contained resin . It was all stick though both strains. Wasnt like smooshy like it had some sticky density to it. My temps kinda been sticking around 65 70 right now it may be 72 73. Warm for where im at ac kicked on to stabilize a cooler temp. Dehumidifer running like 65 it pulled near 5 gallons in the time i started drying 10 days? Think dehumidies kinda like just to keep it from going way over 65 rh in the dry room. And turns off below 65. I notice when i hang dry and its cooler outside my buds seem dry after day 12 but are still wet. I didnt have that problem this harvest cause its warmer out now. I seen those huge buds u got and there covered in resin. I notice when your buds dry out to the point they cover in frost the high gets alot stronger and it tells me their there heh . Hope that helps somehow hehe.. but bro those buds look great dude i think just plain old healthy buds make all the more difference too.

Just got finished trimming the rest of 9 pound after letting it sit out open for 3 hrs. Buds seemed to dry a bit more to wherr i wanted them a bit ago but now wonder if i too over dried em the small popcorn was low rh too like 55 or so but i expect itll raise once the last bit of moisture in the stems wick back into the bud. Sometimes ur bud looks extremely dry when u trim but theres so much stored moisture in the stems itll wick into the buds irregardless the boveda will stable it im certain. I trimmed everything down from kola to even single bowls that 9 pounds smooth gassy fire . Off the 2 9 pounds i managed to fill a gallon of the bigger buds and a half gallon jar like 3 quarters. I imagine 4 or 5 ounces but every bit of it is some stick. No way this is going to hay now. Your buds i swear seemed really big and id imagine theyd have some moisture even the small buds will have some moisture in em id just keep an eye on em. Also 1 thing i also do is use those dinky temp and rh devices that you stick in the jars but i always make surr their calibrated and working . I use 2 in every jar to make sure there both close to the same readings. I calibrate them by taking 4 or 5 of them and keeping em grouped to see which 1 throws off the farthest from the 5s readings and i chuck that 1 heh there only like 8 bucks for a 10 pack on amazon .

I
Just got finished trimming the rest of 9 pound after letting it sit out open for 3 hrs. Buds seemed to dry a bit more to wherr i wanted them a bit ago but now wonder if i too over dried em the small popcorn was low rh too like 55 or so but i expect itll raise once the last bit of moisture in the stems wick back into the bud. Sometimes ur bud looks extremely dry when u trim but theres so much stored moisture in the stems itll wick into the buds irregardless the boveda will stable it im certain. I trimmed everything down from kola to even single bowls that 9 pounds smooth gassy fire . Off the 2 9 pounds i managed to fill a gallon of the bigger buds and a half gallon jar like 3 quarters. I imagine 4 or 5 ounces but every bit of it is some stick. No way this is going to hay now. Your buds i swear seemed really big and id imagine theyd have some moisture even the small buds will have some moisture in em id just keep an eye on em. Also 1 thing i also do is use those dinky temp and rh devices that you stick in the jars but i always make surr their calibrated and working . I use 2 in every jar to make sure there both close to the same readings. I calibrate them by taking 4 or 5 of them and keeping em grouped to see which 1 throws off the farthest from the 5s readings and i chuck that 1 heh there only like 8 bucks for a 10 pack on amazon .
I do have a hygrometer and temp meter in jar those small ones like you said. Checked today rh is at 59 with boveda packs . And I will be chopping the rest today. smells amazing. Bow with my jars rh being at 58-60rh doni still need to burp my jar every day ?? And a few large buds that I trimmed yesterday break in half with a nice sound feels dry to the touch but it is sticky and it doesn't turn into dust like my first gro low. I super dried that shit in 2 days lol. Left home without checking humidifier and it gets real dry in the winter where I am. Came back from work rh at 25 and buds where turning to dust 12oz of a nice scrog turned into edibles and buds where even bigger then my second grow. But at second grow I did it quick so I can learn the dry and cure stage didn't veg for to long and some lst training.

And here is some pictures from last night when trimmed

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_220300_531.jpg
    IMG_20200603_220300_531.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200603_215444.jpg
    20200603_215444.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200603_215413.jpg
    20200603_215413.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 68
Ya the sticky helps alot. Those buds look yummy. Ya if ur small buds bout 60 i imagine the large would be a bit more. Sounds like everythings going great bro. No edibles this round bro. Hey man have you ever made any hash with your sugar leaf? I love running bubble . With just ice-water- trim you can make really good tasting hash. Im surr you do but yea i managed to get quite a bit of trim this harvest looks like decent trim.

Ya the sticky helps alot. Those buds look yummy. Ya if ur small buds bout 60 i imagine the large would be a bit more. Sounds like everythings going great bro. No edibles this round bro. Hey man have you ever made any hash with your sugar leaf? I love running bubble . With just ice-water- trim you can make really good tasting hash. Im surr you do but yea i managed to get quite a bit of trim this harvest looks like decent trim.
Lol yes I do . I make bubble hash . Made some the last time to

O ya and with bovedas some people believe theres nothing being done as a cure if u go below 62 rh. I use to think so too but i always jarred wet and screwed up my weed heh . Jarring wet is a harvest killer unless that wet is from being sticky im thinking now. Our buds are so fresh they need fresh air each day i notice when you cure for several weeks the weed will get even more smoother and does taste better. I always 1st week pop twice. 2nd week usually once a day. After that ill just keep an eye on the rh and pop once every day or couple days depending where its at. It takes time to get a feel for the timing . Your buds came out great. Im sure your good to go.

Ya popped my jars everything seems good. 9 pound was dryingnout a bit yesterday but the moisturebwicked back in and rh is around 67. The small buds that were at 50 55 rh are at exactly 62 . Ak 47 buds bout the same. Even at 67 its manageable. If it stays at 67 today ill leave the jar open for 20 mins or so then jar. Ill rrpeat a couple times if need be. That boveda in their is doing so much work for us especially those 1st few days in jar . Some believe it defeats the purpose if you open and close jars with bovedas i personally think it does help maintain inside irregardless. Once that lid stays on when everythings dialed in that bovedas doing its thing .

Biggest tip I can offer here, I just dried some plants it it took 2 weeks of them hanging before they were ready to come off the stalk. Then I trim the leaf and cut the nuggs off the stems. I wait until the branches crack when you bend them. If they still bend, it’s too soon.
I put all the trimmed nuggs on one of those hanging drying racks for another couple of days. Then, I bag it in gallon ziplock bags but do not close the bag, they need to be left open.

Then you can close the bags and you’ll notice the correct smell when you open them up, instead of that green smell.
The WORST thing you can do is bag or jar too early. That’s a bunk cure out of the gate and you will have that smell.
If you are afraid of your bud getting too dry, save a couple of chunks of big stalk to cut into and place in your stash to rehydrate.
Jars are hard to manage till everything is actually cured. Those big metal CV containers work better for me.

Those buds you grew look perfectly ripe, so just be patient and savor the flavor.

Been growing 30 years plus and this method is the best I’ve come up with over the years.

Back
Top Bottom