Dubnation's - Indoor/Outdoor - Winter Grow Journal - 2016/2017

Thanks guys! Ok here we are today.

Day 83 of veg and Day 2 of flip.

I transplanted the girls which were in 3-gal into 10-gal fabric pots and sent them outside. Roots hit the bottom of their old pot:

420-magazine-mobile1791040423.jpg

Three of them are outside for the flip. Two of them had a hard time and were droopy so I placed them in shade in my greenhouse. Sprayed SuperThrive as well. The next day, today, both were perking up. Not fully back but ok.

During transplant fed them my standard ACT. And dusted roots with Azos.

I set up my other tent. A 4x4 thank god!!! More space to work with. The 2x4 was way too small.

Three girls are still in the tent for veg which I transplanted into 5-gal fabric pots. I have a question: how does one make a good runoff catch for fabric pots? I will be traveling again for work but this time with wife for a week in a few days. Want to make it as easy as possible for my friend watching and watering them.

420-magazine-mobile248013976.jpg

Also took 5 cuttings each of the White Russian and Chronic. Used rockwool this time. Soaked in 24hr of pH 5.5 water with a little clone mix of myco powder. Used rooting gel and into the tray and dome.

420-magazine-mobile133545631.jpg

I hope they take. Really worried about coming home in a week to see the clones dead. Gonna leave a nice layer of water in the tray before I leave. Have my friend keep an eye out but can't expect too much. Any suggestions here? I leave Thursday first thing.

Love to everyone! Sorry haven't had time to read up on everyone's Grow. I am so excited to but it's been non stop traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi dub
I wish you happy travels and a safe return.
I think a spray water on clones is better than leaving water there. The cube keeps moist and maybe you can teach your friend really quickly, how a dry vs wet cube feels like? Then he/she could spray water on cubes if necessary just keep the dome humid.:Namaste:

Ok I'm back from my one week biz trip. Girls are alive, whew!

But I do need some advice. What's going on here? Is it K deficiency? I've kicked off my ACT for them but thinking of foliar feeding soon.

Will have more pics to come shortly but here are the leaves showing the spots:

420-magazine-mobile632456435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1209894647.jpg

9 of 20 clones are still alive. Going to water them tonight after the water dechlorinates and then pH down and then add some SuperThrive.

Otherwise things are growing and growing. Peace and love my 420 family!

Here are some pics of the outdoor girls:

From the top of the Chronic:
420-magazine-mobile2014289714.jpg

The White Russian likes to branch out. Very lanky:
420-magazine-mobile615199555.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1339032896.jpg

Here are the clones. 9 of 10 are still going. No roots showing. This is day 10:

420-magazine-mobile244028334.jpg

And the 3 girls in the tent. They have drooping leaves. Top dressed with Guano and EWC and watered them a few hours ago. Hope they perk up soon.

420-magazine-mobile1430576446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile650816290.jpg

Outdoor inspection today. Here are the two ladies:

420-magazine-mobile693086679.jpg

And looks like a late showing male here. Getting the chop right away:

420-magazine-mobile1766659180.jpg

Girls in the tent have perked up after watering yesterday. Super cropping here and there to even out the canopy.

420-magazine-mobile1368556264.jpg

Clones are looking ok on day 11. Some have shown a few roots out of the rockwool. Thinking of soil in a few more days.

420-magazine-mobile1025933112.jpg

looking lovely in there dubi. And the outside ones too :bravo:
Your male plant , even I can say it is a male. Excellent picture:thumb:

Is it normal for clones to have that red-ish /rust stains on the leaves? (in front)

Two pics of the outdoor girls beginning to flower:

White Russian:
420-magazine-mobile1952021305.jpg

Chronic:

420-magazine-mobile557478567.jpg

Here are the clones. 6 of 9 are now in soil in solo cups. Waiting on the other 3 to show roots.

420-magazine-mobile1927066624.jpg

Inside the tent the other 3 are vegging well. Can't wait to flip them in a month or so and then can make room for clones to train.

420-magazine-mobile548413180.jpg

All in soil now. However I'm concerned about the rockwool staying too wet as compared to the surrounding soil. I water only the outside edge of the cups to encourage roots to grow out of rockwool. Any tips here on watering?

420-magazine-mobile526320634.jpg

Lights can be lower but will give them another day to adjust to soil before lowering lights to 2". Now they are about 10-12" above.

Planning on keeping one mother of each strain for at least 6-9 months. Any thoughts on doing such? Just want to get the full spectrum of training in as many aspects of growing as possible. So far I've done seed germination, clone to bud, and now early cloning. Next on my list is mother plant and then in ground planting next year. Then will try for pollination in the way future after a good CBD grow.

Ok 420 fam! Hope everyone is having a great week and Thanksgiving for those in the US.

Finally getting around to the garden after being away for more than 45 days altogether during their veg. All said and done, I've learned a lot about not letting this stress me out and go with the flow. Though there is certainly a lot of preparation that could be done to make things easier.

So here we are. In total Day 97. Flower Day 3 and Clones Day 16.

Inside the tent we have 3 girls vegging for another month while the clones grow:

420-magazine-mobile217212647.jpg

Here are the girls one by one. Never took a picture like this. Failed mainline attempt since I was away for so long. May still take clones from these three and make trades with other growers for different genetics. That should be fun!

420-magazine-mobile2026737989.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1636930652.jpg

420-magazine-mobile766568168.jpg

Here are the clones up close:

420-magazine-mobile53433788.jpg

And got these samples of Beneficial Bacteria from my hydro guy. Anyone use Microbe Life before?

420-magazine-mobile1749485311.jpg

Peace and love!

Hi
Garden looks lovely, and you nailed it on where to water the clones. Around the edge of cup. Don't be afraid to wait for it to dry up. Rockwool keeps wet a long time. Test run. water small dose of water, wait 4 days and see.

Happy Monday all. Hope those in the US had a good holiday weekend. I'm still hung over with turkey lol.

So after 5 days of soaking the Kelp Meal + Alfalfa Meal in water the girls were ready for a feed.

Added Coconut Water as well as Fox Farm Big Bloom and diluted with water and gave them a drink of the cocktail.

Saved some tea for foliar spray that I will use up in the next few days. Spraying all the girls, veg, clone and flower with this as I've read it's good for all stages of growth. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

For the clones I top dressed with some EWC and gave them coconut water diluted 1:5 with water for their first drink in 5-6 days.

Here are the clones:

420-magazine-mobile1201398259.jpg

Top view of one of the Chronic girls still in veg. I don't have enough light coverage for her so she shares a bit of both lights (8-bulb and 2-bulb). I'm planning on getting a 4ft 12-bulb set for my next cycle and maybe consider running two tents (a mother/clone/germinating tent and a veg tent? Can someone advise?) I'll only flower outdoors btw.

420-magazine-mobile1565334093.jpg

And here are the three together in the tent:

420-magazine-mobile1342502060.jpg

Here are the outdoor girls. Been outdoors now for 22 days but only 8 days since showing pistols. I'm wondering what the best way to count flowering days since they are outdoors.

Here's the White Russian:

420-magazine-mobile1816956309.jpg

And her side colas are coming out nice. Along with my guard dog:

420-magazine-mobile2125958113.jpg

I have them on a rolling platform dolly type thing so I can move them around during the day (when I'm home) to get max sun exposure since there are trees blocking the path of sun.

Here's the top of the Chronic. A huge grasshopper had a feast on a few of the leaves.

420-magazine-mobile2101933014.jpg

Have a great day!

Hi folks. I need some advice regarding my clones.

Hi 420fam. So I took cuttings about 20 days ago. They all rooted in rockwool after about 8-10 days and then were placed in roots organic soil in solo cup. I've watered them twice since in soil and my most recent water was a few days ago. I used some coconut water, Kelp Meal tea and diluted with pH adjusted water. Out of 9 clones this one is just not responding well and leaves are beginning to curl.

420-magazine-mobile585240451.jpg

Any advice on what I should do?

Other key facts:

RH in upper 60s
Temps around upper 70s to mid 80s
T5 HO lights are very close to clones (2-4 inches)

420-magazine-mobile1283876649.jpg

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom