Dubnation's - Indoor/Outdoor - Winter Grow Journal - 2016/2017

Try some Malted Barley Tea yet??

I have not but have read about you doing it. Got to research more and figure it out. Definitely down to learn.

Clones are growing well after transplant but still too early to tell if they like the new soil. I amended it with more EWC and Azos.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here we are at week 6 of flower for the Chronic:

420-magazine-mobile919804206.jpg

And White Russian:

420-magazine-mobile1384182528.jpg

It's been a windy and rainy winter so far so they have taken a beating. What I thought was CalMag deficiency has now stopped spreading after consecutive feeds with CalMag. I now know my supersoil is lacking quite a lot.

Next two girls go out in a few days and start their flip. I will be better prepared this next round of flowering.

I noticed these spots on my seedling. I have her in very light organic soil. With EWC and just fed her some ACT which should help her. Otherwise she was getting diluted coconut water as her first few watering. The rockwool she germinated was cut out as much as possible before transplanting in the cups. They have drainage and is mixed with 30% perlite. I wonder if I should transplant to 1-gal and she's just hungry?

420-magazine-mobile288415987.jpg

Here's one of my favorite clones so far:

420-magazine-mobile1415675067.jpg

That Chronic looks beautiful! And I'm digging the bonsai cutting on the bottom!
Now that seedlings lower leaves look just like how mine started looking rough... almost like ca/mg spotting. I don't recognize how it looks like it's dieing from that middle leaf vein < outward though... I experienced that initial brown spotting that turned into almost burned looking areas. Just weighing in, can't say for sure as I'm no expert.

Happy New Year to all! 2016 was pretty shitty for us over here so I'm really looking forward to a new year lol.

A quick update on the garden:

Sent one of each WR and CH out backyard to begin flowering two days ago. But now the rain is here for maybe 4-5 days. They are covered but still will be drenched. They are in fabric pots elevated on pallets off the ground. There is decent wind coming through so praying that's enough to prevent any mold or rot.

In the tent I have taken clones of the Chronic again since my first cloning round all but 1 Chronic died. I took much healthier cuttings this time and they are in Day 2:

420-magazine-mobile328297856.jpg

So from 6 clones I hope to keep one as a mother and let the rest flower quickly outdoors. While the clones take time to root I plan on germinating 4 Grand Daddy Purp that I got. They are regular so I hope to get at least 2 females. My hydro guy wants a pair to make seeds. I agreed and we will proceed in a week or two with germination.

By the way I got these new designed, made in USA pot drainage to try out. Fits my 5-gal fabric pot perfectly.

420-magazine-mobile231391877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile384746203.jpg

If anyone interested let me know and I'll turn you on to them. They are local in CA.

Now my first round of clones from the White Russian was really interesting. Watching them root and then get towards the edge of death and then grow with vigor was a great learning experience. They are all growing so well with training. My new favorite now has 7 equal tops growing nearly in a perfect circular pattern. She's going to be fun. Here's a top view:

420-magazine-mobile984136636.jpg

They took forever but now I can see the benefits of choosing cuttings very strategically and early training can produce great results. The 4 of 5 clones that survived all have some form of mainlining going on. Lots of bondage lol.

Have a great and happy weekend everyone! Wife and I will be cracking open a bottle of bubbly and some steak tonight.

Hey Brightlight!

Love your journal too and I'm subbed.

I just gave the clones and seedling the Microbe Life cocktail last night and this morning they were EXPLODING. I had to raise the lights. WOW.

My topped seedling at the 4th node literally grew two tops over night. They are less than 1cm but still that's impressive to me lol.

Onwards and upwards!

So I finally have some three blade leaves on my clones. Took a while. Here's one of the clones. Did some defoil undergrowth and hope she doesn't stall too much:

420-magazine-mobile120356530.jpg

The question is, should I defoil any more:

420-magazine-mobile707394364.jpg

Rest of flowering girls outdoors are getting rained on though with covers. Winter outdoor is so slow. I'm thinking of installing some supplemental lighting outdoors. That and the cold (40s-50s F) I'm sure isn't helping. But they do have nice purple colors though.

Indoor girls vegging are doing great. My White Widow baby has grown their new tops nicely.

The new 6 clones have yet to show roots out of rockwool but they are still standing up. Some lower leaves are yellowing so I know that she is doing her thing to take nutes from leaves.

420-magazine-mobile1476041793.jpg

Smoked some Pineapple Expressed and feeling very uplifted. That was a nice smoke lol.

Quick question for yah, did you get them use to sunlight/harden them off? The sun provides much more energy so in turn the plant uses more nutrients. I don't just see the lightness in the middle of the leaf, I see it toward the edges of the large ones as well. I had something similar happen when I took a kc45 that was under CFLs and put it in the sun... went from needing a tiny bit of nutrients to full strength before it was green all over again. Could be too early to tell, as that new growth is fading out to green instead of more light green/light yellow.

Thanks guys. I have a new batch of ACT brewing so hopefully that'll stem whatever may be happening. And it's been cloudy since I brought them outdoors so hardening off was not a concern per se but we did have one or two days of nice sun.

Will feed them tonight or tomorrow. The rain is really messing with my feeding schedule. It'll be on and off for the next 10 days. But the pots are covered so minimal rain water hopefully.

End of the week! Thank goodness. I need the weekend and some great playoff games. The rainy weather finally subsided and will be sunny for only 24 hours before more light rain approaches.

Here are my second batch of flowering girls. They have their rain ponchos on. Today was the only window where I could take pics and move around to get as much sunlight as possible.

420-magazine-mobile426454524.jpg

Here are my 4 clones, my first attempt. They are in Week 5 of veg since rooting. Training is coming along very pleasantly as these cuttings have so many growth sites, it's fun doing all sorts of odd LST on them. They got a feed of BSM, Silicia and top dressed with N Guano and EWC.

420-magazine-mobile1678713116.jpg

My White Widow baby just doing her thang:

420-magazine-mobile397335284.jpg

I'm alternating between ACT and water plus other nutes (Silica, CalMag, Coconut) and have been foliar spraying with either Epsom, Fox Farm Big Bloom and once a week the Alfalfa/Kelp tea for the vegging girls. Only SuperThrive for the seedling so far for foliar application.

Sometimes I feel this may be in vain as my first batch of flower this winter has such small buds. But they did go through hell. I'll watch the second batch of flowering girls so see how they handle winter.

End of the week! Thank goodness. I need the weekend and some great playoff games. The rainy weather finally subsided and will be sunny for only 24 hours before more light rain approaches.

Here are my second batch of flowering girls. They have their rain ponchos on. Today was the only window where I could take pics and move around to get as much sunlight as possible.

420-magazine-mobile426454524.jpg

Here are my 4 clones, my first attempt. They are in Week 5 of veg since rooting. Training is coming along very pleasantly as these cuttings have so many growth sites, it's fun doing all sorts of odd LST on them. They got a feed of BSM, Silicia and top dressed with N Guano and EWC.

420-magazine-mobile1678713116.jpg

My White Widow baby just doing her thang:

420-magazine-mobile397335284.jpg

I'm alternating between ACT and water plus other nutes (Silica, CalMag, Coconut) and have been foliar spraying with either Epsom, Fox Farm Big Bloom and once a week the Alfalfa/Kelp tea for the vegging girls. Only SuperThrive for the seedling so far for foliar application.

Sometimes I feel this may be in vain as my first batch of flower this winter has such small buds. But they did go through hell. I'll watch the second batch of flowering girls so see how they handle winter.

Hey dubnation, are my eyes playing tricks or does that Center photo have a bunch of plants with single bladed leaves? Maybe I missed it earlier if there's already an explanation... I've heard of it before

Hey dubnation, are my eyes playing tricks or does that Center photo have a bunch of plants with single bladed leaves? Maybe I missed it earlier if there's already an explanation... I've heard of it before

No your eyes are just fine lol. Yes they are single bladed leaves as they were from clones. They took forever before pumping out 3 blade and now 5 blade leaves. Typical from mature cuttings trying to get restarted with roots etc...

Transplanted the baby White Widow, she's about 30 days from seed. Topped at the 4th node and growing 2 new tops with 2 bottom ones catching up nicely.

From solo cup:

5a09d5863ac54af8c4ce24680befed6e.jpg

To her new pot, dusted with Azos. Soil mixed 30% EWC, organic potting soil 50% and 20% perlite.

728bf236c96c817c6fefa1714c96cb8a.jpg

Here are her roots, I feel pretty good about the timing of this transplant. What do you think?

28c0dce72aa4deff58ce024650efbc4a.jpg

In her new home:

a0c54bb6f8c70f52cd8becaafa23d970.jpg

I watered her with a cocktail of coconut water, Alfalfa/Kelp tea, water and a few drops of SuperThrive.

And beginning of LST:

35d6573dcb50e5b840bf40316d26caa4.jpg

She will be a mother so I'm going to let her get as many tops as possible (I think but I'll let her grow and play by ear).

Also the clones are 12 days from cutting and no signs of roots. But lower leaves are dying as expected. I hope they take!

20368e83a5c3444711a9f797f8e58be1.jpg

Looking good. small clones look green and healthy, so you are doing some good somewhere.. :) I think roots are growing. 12 days and looking good= good

Back
Top Bottom