Dubnation's - Indoor/Outdoor - Winter Grow Journal - 2016/2017

LST continuing

d0755ff2caf69c006682ed1b5356217c.jpg

And I finally have roots on one of my six new cuttings at day 14. I moved them slightly away from direct light. I knew I shouldn't have put them directly under so early. Once more roots show I'm move them directly under.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dub,

Your ladies are looking nice, congrats on everything. I've been away trying to get mine up and running, I hope this time around, it turns out like yours.

Thanks Mike! Glad to see you still in the Grow! Did you redo your greenhouse? I have 4 girls in my greenhouse now since it's been raining. And I heard from a friend that supplemental lighting with just hanging bulbs work well too. I may try that.

Otherwise it's the outdoor season soon and I'm prepping to have lots of clones ready to go out. You're going to do all indoors?

No, I bought a 4x4 tent w/ 1k SuperHPS light, and doing everything inside, I don't trust the outside environment where I live. I was able to salvage some of the buds to use as clones, and they're doing great. The weather here has been raining and cast over, so not worth putting any girls outdoors. Are you talking about for vegging hanging regular bulbs? Because I could see them working for vegging, you're still getting the UVA/B's from the sun, and then giving them other colors from the regular lights. Let us know if you do use, it'll be interesting.

No, I bought a 4x4 tent w/ 1k SuperHPS light, and doing everything inside, I don't trust the outside environment where I live. I was able to salvage some of the buds to use as clones, and they're doing great. The weather here has been raining and cast over, so not worth putting any girls outdoors. Are you talking about for vegging hanging regular bulbs? Because I could see them working for vegging, you're still getting the UVA/B's from the sun, and then giving them other colors from the regular lights. Let us know if you do use, it'll be interesting.

Yeah literally those string lights that people put up for outdoor parties etc... an experienced grower in IG supplemented during veg and they grew pretty damn well. But I may save that for another season. I'm happy vegging in my tent and then flowering out in the yard.

Are you going to kick off another journal soon?

Yeah literally those string lights that people put up for outdoor parties etc... an experienced grower in IG supplemented during veg and they grew pretty damn well. But I may save that for another season. I'm happy vegging in my tent and then flowering out in the yard.

Are you going to kick off another journal soon?

Yeah I started another journal, it's just the flower stage. But cloning from the flower stage is pretty interesting, I'm excited to see how well it does.

Interesting, I might have to read up on using the string lights in a veg. How's this weather affecting your grow, any bugs or adverse effects?

Sent from my Z981 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Weather down here this winter wasn't great. High winds nearly stripped all the fan leaves from my first set of flowering girls. So they barely grew for the stretch.

My second set of girls out to flower are doing really well. No pests at all. I used the IPM system bobrown uses. Other than the winds, rains and moving them in and out of the greenhouse, everything seems to be as planned. Time will tell. I think I may harvest any day now.

Went away for the weekend and forgot to water and watched what near death lack of water now looks like up close and personal. Gave her water and by next morning she returned back about 90%. Some stems and fan leaves just did not recover. She's an old lady in veg so about ready to flip outdoors very soon.

I've continued to let the LST on the clones do her thing. They are growing very well.

My baby White Widow continues her mainline:

f71c1e9677beadc904dcd3f4e0deba0b.jpg

And the new Chronic clones took off after 16 days and now have been transplanted to solo cups with organic soil, EWC and perlite. This time I cut off as much of the rockwool as possible.

1d073b2c380b2cdce7b071f7898b7a62.jpg

ca99f0cddc94e92740139c51a25e86d5.jpg

Wife bought me a Mars Hydro LED light! I'm so stoked! Will be installing soon and compare notes between T5HO and LED. Now I can also try two tents possibly. Baby steps...

Hi folks!

So we have many things going on.

I chopped my first White Russian three days ago and found some aphids climbing out of them while they are hang drying! That attracted ants so I'm dealing with them now. She's really stunted. Don't laugh. She was my first try at this supersoil and now I know what's lacking.

c483c7a89cbd0ba85134ed8c3fe2fa10.jpg

7e04d8c2d293fd7039d512e7ad196c49.jpg

I have 4 girls in flower outside and they are doing much better. 1 will be chopped in a day or two. My first Chronic chop will be:

69713a44a1ae11655ac3d5efdd0f0e2f.jpg

The others in early flower:

e92261b2de8e7dc6ddb5e2bc02e53dc6.jpg

95b854c1b688e8b157dcbca007236253.jpg

And I'm MOST excited about the Mars Hydro 2 400w LED I got for my birthday. It's installed in my 4x4 tent with the 4 WR clones and 1 White Widow baby.

Next to the LED I've set up my T5HO 8-bulb for the germinating and early clone area. I have 6 Chronic clones and 4 baby GDP. Here's my new set up:

8ac842785b48f595c5a1cb644f624d3b.jpg

And for kicks I took a few pictures of my baby Grand Daddy Purp! They are regulars so I'll need to sex them and will try making seeds with my friends. Took pictures about 4-6 hours apart.

050ec2f7795ac77e9b3bb2810d8e6439.jpg

Got some fungus gnats as well and installed yellow sticky traps and also used Mosquito Bits and crumbled them into powder and watered the girls. Also waiting on a good drying out to kill the baby gnats in soil.

0313ad204bfeafa640c1ead73c41939a.jpg

Congrats on the harvest & new light dub. Nice colors on WR & Chronic. You have all kinds of things going on....every phase of growing & looking good.

Stickies good barometer of how many gnats you have but once population starts usually need a little more ammo. A few other remedies.....use a chitin product like insect frass or crab shell if organic preferred. Bud Factor X if ok w/ synthetics. BT is helpful in the bits, but must apply often. If you use enzymes, new one SLF-100 also contains BT. SNS 203 works but too expensive for what you get. It's Rosemary & Clove oils. I mix my own from these oils....stronger & way less expensive. Heavy artillery would be beneficial nematodes, best for total eradication. Do I sound like someone who has dealt with gnats? :laughtwo:

Good gardening brother. :Namaste:

Congrats on your thriving ops, but sorry to hear about all the unwanted intruders. I had to move my whole operation inside because of the bug problem where I am, and like Brightlight, I mixed up my own insecticides to kill and keep away the bugs. What did you notice about the super soil that it was missing, I'm using a variation of it right now, and would like to know if I need to add anything to my mix.

Congrats on your thriving ops, but sorry to hear about all the unwanted intruders. I had to move my whole operation inside because of the bug problem where I am, and like Brightlight, I mixed up my own insecticides to kill and keep away the bugs. What did you notice about the super soil that it was missing, I'm using a variation of it right now, and would like to know if I need to add anything to my mix.

My supersoil was missing a lot of calcium I believe. And probably needed massive refreshing since it's been cooking so long. Next run I'll be amending with A LOT more EWC and also add some lime. Along with the usual Meals and fresh soil too.

This is my recipe, now I'm thinking of adding more oyster shell.
8- Large bags of High quality Organic potting soil (Roots Organics 707)
1- 25-50 pounds of Organic Worm castings
5 lb. Steamed Bone meal
5 lb. Seabird Guano (My Addition)
5 lb. Bat Guano
5 lb. Blood meal
3 lb. Rock Phoshate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ to 1 Cup cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)
2 tbs. Powdered Humic Acid
6 lb. Oyster Shell (My addition)
Chicken manure (My Addition)
Cow Manure (My Addition)
But I broke mine down into 8th's, since I didn't need this much for a few plants.

This is my recipe, now I'm thinking of adding more oyster shell.
8- Large bags of High quality Organic potting soil (Roots Organics 707)
1- 25-50 pounds of Organic Worm castings
5 lb. Steamed Bone meal
5 lb. Seabird Guano (My Addition)
5 lb. Bat Guano
5 lb. Blood meal
3 lb. Rock Phoshate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ to 1 Cup cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)
2 tbs. Powdered Humic Acid
6 lb. Oyster Shell (My addition)
Chicken manure (My Addition)
Cow Manure (My Addition)
But I broke mine down into 8th's, since I didn't need this much for a few plants.

Wow sweet set up! All those variety of manure is going to rock!

I'm a big fan of Alfalfa and Kelp Meal. Maybe that can be added in as they give a lot of growth hormones. Other than that your supersoil is gonna kick mine to the curb lol.

The fun part is dialing it in. I'm on my first run and looking forward to recycling it and making it even better for the next run.

So you're going to recycle the used soil from this harvest? I heard that's not good to do. I'll have to look into the alfalfa and kelp meal, but there's so many organic nutrients out there you can use, it can become to overwhelming for the plants. But it all depends on the strain and growing conditions.

So you're going to recycle the used soil from this harvest? I heard that's not good to do. I'll have to look into the alfalfa and kelp meal, but there's so many organic nutrients out there you can use, it can become to overwhelming for the plants. But it all depends on the strain and growing conditions.

Not using it right away. Going to cook her again with more amendments. It'll be ready in 6-8 weeks.

I learned about poorly reused soil for my first cloning attempt. Never again lol.

My supersoil was missing a lot of calcium I believe. And probably needed massive refreshing since it's been cooking so long. Next run I'll be amending with A LOT more EWC and also add some lime. Along with the usual Meals and fresh soil too.

Just curious are you saying you lose some nutrient content the longer the soil 'cooks'/breaks down? Or are you saying 'cooked' more while plants grew in it?

Just curious are you saying you lose some nutrient content the longer the soil 'cooks'/breaks down? Or are you saying 'cooked' more while plants grew in it?

Cooking as in the soil getting work done to combine all the amendments after I recycle it for next round. Not cooking the plants.

Back
Top Bottom